Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this mean they need to make a new cover for Madden?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets offense could actually be really good this season. And playing in the AFC East, I could see them making the playoffs actually.

That said, Favre has no shot at a Super Bowl anymore, so that kinda sucks for him.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt it, the game comes out in like 5 days. Some people already have advanced copies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah more Brett news...wait actually no more
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. So this is how it ends. I wish Brett Favre the best. I really hope he lights New York on fire.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Impossible, it's most likely already shipped to all the stores.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Impossible, it's most likely already shipped to all the stores.
Went to preorder my copy and found out they're not making it for the pc this year. WTF?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh there is a god. Thank you.

But I'm afraid ESPN will cover his arrival in NY, his first suit up, his first pass, his first whatever the hell else, just as closely.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Oh there is a god. Thank you.

But I'm afraid ESPN will cover his arrival in NY, his first suit up, his first pass, his first whatever the hell else, just as closely.
Yep, this isn't going away any time soon.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now its official, every1 will forget who won the super bowl last year. Whoever it was beat an 18-0 team now there stadium mate traded for a future hall of famer, very nice.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Yep, this isn't going away any time soon.
At least the Packers can now largely concentrate on the business of training camp.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Went to preorder my copy and found out they're not making it for the pc this year. WTF?
i had heard that months ago...pissed me off. thats all I've ever played it on... (since like, madden 02 anyway, lol)

I'm just not getting it. screw it......
Old 08-07-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least the Packers can now largely concentrate on the business of training camp.
Highly doubt it, A-Rod football will continue to be heckled until he has a 300 yard, 3 TD, 0 INT game, until then: some Packer fans will want Favre and will continue to yell.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A sad day for me...

Better go buy my new Jets jersey

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:

No ****, the PC was the best version last year. Looks like its PS3 for me now.

Kinda dumb considering this is the 20 year anniversery, and that the first year ever it was only on computer.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Mmmm, I smell a curse

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i had heard that months ago...pissed me off. thats all I've ever played it on... (since like, madden 02 anyway, lol)

I'm just not getting it. screw it......

I'm with you. Spend too much time playing games as is without a console. I'll miss it this year though. Any other NFL pc games out there to fill the void?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I am looking forward to hearing about the players who are actually at camp.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this mean that I don't have to see Rodgers scrimmage stats anymore? Because I'd really appreciate if I didn't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm with you. Spend too much time playing games as is without a console. I'll miss it this year though. Any other NFL pc games out there to fill the void?
nothing I know of...I'm just going to get another year out of 08 and then maybe next year, if I make a little more money during the summer, buy a PS3.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
There will still be another week of-

1. Will Favre adapt to the new system in time for the regular season?
2. Does this make the Jets a contender?
3. Will Favre be happy in New York?

the coverage isn't over.
4. Does this make the AFC East the toughest division in football? You have the New England Patriots who almost completed a perfect season last year. You also have a Buffalo Bills team that should contend for a wild card, a Miami Dolphins team who has Bill Parcells, a Parcells disciple in Tony Soprano (Sparano, I know, but I call him Soprano) coaching the team, and now Brett Favre with a Jets team who made the playoffs two years ago.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to NFL Network the conditions are

If Favre plays 50% of the snaps this year- 3rd round pick
If Favre plays 70% and they make the playoffs- 2nd round pick
If Favre plays 80% in the regular season and 50% in the playoffs and they make the Super Bowl- 1st round pick.

So it will likely be a 3rd round pick with a slight chance at a second. Not bad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
4. Does this make the AFC East the toughest division in football? You have the New England Patriots who almost completed a perfect season last year. You also have a Buffalo Bills team that should contend for a wild card, a Miami Dolphins team who has Bill Parcells, a Parcells disciple in Tony Soprano (Sparano, I know, but I call him Soprano) coaching the team, and now Brett Favre with a Jets team who made the playoffs two years ago.
I still think the AFC South has the edge until the Jets, Bills and Dolphins prove themselves a little more.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I still think the AFC South has the edge until the Jets, Bills and Dolphins prove themselves a little more.
I don't think AFC East is nearly as close to being as competitive as the AFC South or NFC East but one of the talking heads at ESPN or NFL Network is sure to utter something ludicrous like that.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
According to NFL Network the conditions are

If Favre plays 50% of the snaps this year- 3rd round pick
If Favre plays 70% and they make the playoffs- 2nd round pick
If Favre plays 80% in the regular season and 50% in the playoffs and they make the Super Bowl- 1st round pick.

So it will likely be a 3rd round pick with a slight chance at a second. Not bad.
I'll say this. I didn't want the Jets to give up a first for Favre, but if the requirement for a 1st round pick is that the Jets make the superbowl, I'd be more than happy to see the Jets give it. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote