Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

update on the compensation per nfl network: if favre plays 60 percent of the snaps it becomes a third rounder. if he plays 70 percent it becomes a second rounder. if he plays 80 percent it becomes a FIRST ROUNDER. wow....
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
update on the compensation per nfl network: if favre plays 60 percent of the snaps it becomes a third rounder. if he plays 70 percent it becomes a second rounder. if he plays 80 percent it becomes a FIRST ROUNDER. wow....

The Jets are so stupid.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you sure that's it? All the previous reports have been

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl
Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
hahaha.considering his durability I find a first rounder very possible.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Are you sure that's it? All the previous reports have been

3rd - 50%
2nd - 70% and playoffs
1st - 80% and Super Bowl
That's what I've heard, including this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are right, I wasn't listening closely enough to the tv.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Although JDB is quite an NFL-ready QB he is still a rookie and the Vikings could not pass up an opportunity to fill one more piece to their SB puzzle by adding Pennington who I feel is a worthwhile improvement over any other player at his position on the roster imo. Not to mention the dome stadium and stout run game would only help his situation and ease the transition.
But you aren't carrying 4 QBs on that roster. And I doubt they cut JDB (or even put him on a practice squad). Unless they were getting a Favre, I don't think Minnesota pursues him.

I still think you will see a more obscure team get Pennington. He is pretty bad with his noodle of an arm. No team is going to be salivating over this guy.

And maybe it would help his situation, but Pennington is no better than Frerotte or Jackson, honestly.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I've got to say is, at least he will still be wearing green. A red uni on Favre would have been confusing :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
All I've got to say is, at least he will still be wearing green. A red uni on Favre would have been confusing :P
I dont think he looks good in a red jersey. Why do you think the falcons gave him away? Green jerseys in GB was the only reason why he was so successful, so that's why i think he'll be good with the Jets. If he went to the Bucs, it would kill his legacy.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 08-07-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good bye, my love!!!

auf Wiedersehen, mein fuhrer.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I gurantee they put a provision in the trade.
Like a provision that says if they traded him to the vikings they would owe them three first rounders? Yeah, that's what it is. They really didn't want him to be a viking.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh baby OH BABY
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I dont think he looks good in a red jersey. Why do you think the falcons gave him away? Green jerseys in GB was the only reason why he was so successful, so that's why i think he'll be good with the Jets. If he went to the Bucs, it would kill his legacy.
Weren't Atlanta wearing black back then?

As for the Bucs killing his legacy, I think Farve and the Packers have done a pretty good job of that already!?!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Weren't Atlanta wearing black back then?

As for the Bucs killing his legacy, I think Farve and the Packers have done a pretty good job of that already!?!
he was kidding. the bucs wear red, not green...

Glad this tedious baton death march has it's conclusion.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get ready for the "Woo Woo!" Media Train! Sorry guys, but him in New York is only gonna give him MORE coverage....
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Works for me. Wanted to see him on the Jets so I could watch him play almost every game this season.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so.... everyone jumps on the NY Jets bandwagon now I guess.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-07-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not wearing a watch or anything, but how long did this take?

Oh that's right, all GD summer!
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre is older than HC Eric Mangini, OC Brian Schottenheimer and QB coach Brian Daboll.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Brett Favre is older than HC Eric Mangini, OC Brian Schottenheimer and QB coach Brian Daboll.
it would be so much better if the word 'combined' had come at the end of that sentence.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Sportscenter from 8-9 AM. Roughly 35 minutes of that hour was about Brett Favre.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Just watched Sportscenter from 8-9 AM. Roughly 35 minutes of that hour was about Brett Favre.
wow... I'm surprised they cover anything else at all tbh.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor Chad. I think he may land somewhere like possibly Baltimore for a year. He's a better vet teacher than Boller for Flacco. He'll end up somewhere though.

And ATL, we're gonna hear non-stop Favre until December. You thought the idiotic and ignorant Giants "fans" in our area went nuts after the Giants won the Super Bowl(and bought Tyree jerseys, even though he might get cut...) just wait. We're gonna hear "Favre is bringin' the Jets to the promised land!!! WOOHOO!

damn, it won't be fun 'round here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
hahaha.considering his durability I find a first rounder very possible.
He is on the cover of Madden he is toast.:)
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awesome. I hope Favre does well in NY (of course) and Rodgers does well in GB. Hopefully Brett can help Clemens and Ainge improve. Now where does Chad go? Kansas City?