Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chargers
2. Pats
3. Colts

and those are your elite teams. Suck it if you've got a problem with the order, the Pats don't have a secondary and the Bolts roxxorz the Colts.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Patriots
2. Cowboys
3. Chargers
4. New Orleans
5. Indy
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you put all the emphasis in the Chargers' flukey winning streak against the Colts, and yet completely disregard the Pats definitively beating the Chargers in the last three games. Okay. :D
Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
So you put all the emphasis in the Chargers' flukey winning streak against the Colts, and yet completely disregard the Pats definitively beating the Chargers in the last three games. Okay. :D
Nope, I just think the Patriots have lost a huge playmaker in the secondary, after playing us close these last three times (or maybe just in the playoffs, twice). I also think without serious injuries to our three best players, we would have coasted to a win against NE in the playoffs. That legendary offense only put up 21 against us.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21-12. 38-14. 24-21. Nevermind that the Chargers don't have a wideout as good as Samuel for him to shut down, they aren't lighting up the Patriots anyways and couldn't even get past two touchdowns against the oldest Patriots defense yet this season.

The Colts will take advantage of the Patriots' secondary, they have the talent and the offense. I think the Chargers could too with a good game, but I'm not going to give it to them.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also, sorry Geo but I have a real problem with your tone in this post...it comes off bitter and you're better than that, and I know it from all your other posts. Anyone watching the 2006 playoff game between the Chargers and Pats could see the Bolts self-destructed. Muffed punts, dropped passes, horrific penalties all over the place. and in 2007 the Chargers simply weren't at full strength. Even that game was 12-14 well into the 4th quarter. I don't know how you call those "definitive" wins while dismissing how the Bolts beat the Colts. It's two sides of the same coin.

I'll give you the 2007 regular season, but at the same time I know from having this conversation before that somehow you can't give any credit to a Bolt defense that got its hands on 6 picks and ultimately, played well enough to make the game come down to a kick that got missed. Believe me, as a Charger fan, I know that kicks that look easy can get missed. If you play well enough during the game, it doesn't come down to that.

Anyway, my list is a reflection of how I view the order in 2008, and I don't have any reason to change it til 2008 is well under way.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
21-12. 38-14. 24-21. Nevermind that the Chargers don't have a wideout as good as Samuel for him to shut down, they aren't lighting up the Patriots anyways and couldn't even get past two touchdowns against the oldest Patriots defense yet this season.

The Colts will take advantage of the Patriots' secondary, they have the talent and the offense. I think the Chargers could too with a good game, but I'm not going to give it to them.
So you're saying Chambers+Jackson+Gates+LT
Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
So you're saying Chambers+Jackson+Gates+LT
I was about to say something along that lines. Who do the Pats have in the secondary?? Hobbs is not much more than a decent number 2 CB. Harrison is old, and some other bums.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
1. New England
Reason: Duh.

2. San Diego
Reason: I think Philip Rivers and Vincent Jackson showed us what they could do in the near future, plus LaDainian Tomlinson still has a few years of elite play left.

3. Indianapolis
Reason: As long as they have Peyton Manning they will be an elite team.

4. New York (N)
Reason: The defense looks like it will still be very good. I like the fact that players like Steve Smith and Kevin Boss will only grow into the offense and provided secondary options in the passing game.

5. Jacksonville
Reason: One of these years the Jaguars will surpass the Colts, but since I have unsuccessfully predicted it up to this point I will go the opposite way and maybe that will change things.

And I do not have either the Packers or Cowboys making the playoffs this year, let alone elite teams, which sets me apart I guess.
why do you think the cowboys wont make the playoffs?
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Like I've been saying -- Half the pat defense if going to be in a wheel chair and the other half hasn't taken the diapers off.

The D-line is great and all seem to be in the peak of their careers, but the LB's and DB's are looking shaky.

That's why I have them below Indy and SD in the AFC barring injuries or setbacks to LT/Gates & Manning/Wayne
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
It's not impossible to fathom: if you like New York or the Eagles to win the NFC East, which could easily happen based on matchups/strength of schedule/how the season shakes out, then they'd have to get a wildcard, where they'd be competing with Minny/Green Bay AND Tampa/New Orleans. Plus you never know how Carolina or Chicago could turn out. There are no guarantees.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Haters gotta hate. He has no logical reason.

This is actually the first year I feel confident about our team since the triplets. I knew we couldn't hang with NE last year with the secondary we had. NYG matched up with them much better because of the pass rush.

Better pass rush, better secondary, and better offense for us this year should translate into a playoff win or 3.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
It's not impossible to fathom: if you like New York or the Eagles to win the NFC East, which could easily happen based on matchups/strength of schedule/how the season shakes out, then they'd have to get a wildcard, where they'd be competing with Minny/Green Bay AND Tampa/New Orleans. Plus you never know how Carolina or Chicago could turn out. There are no guarantees.
You could say the same about SD, considering our "strength of schedule" doesn't really mean anything within our own division when NY, Philly, and Wash play most of the same teams as us. Plus GB is weak. Rodgers sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is about to get a wake up call when Check down boy gets figured out after 2 games.

Edit: We've improved or stayed the same in every aspect of the team. We lost no one of concern and added a bunch of key players. I see no way we miss the playoffs. Last years team plus Zach Thomas, Mike Jenkins, Felix Jones, Pacman Jones, and all of the young players expected to get significant time this year, Plus team not getting full of their own **** like they did last year = Major upgrade.

Last edited by Burns336 : 08-07-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did u even watch the playoff game against the pats? The defense gave the chargesr so many chances to score but they came up with about 3-4 field goals and that was a game with no LT and no Gates, yes they struggled at the beginning of the season but they did pick things up making the AFC champion game, calling their year a fluke is just dumb cause u obviously didnt watch one game of the chargers all year and u just looked up the past scores of the pats vs chargers game.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Both NFC wild card spots will go to the East again I think, and I would definitely expect Dallas to be in as one of those three teams. Once in however, anything can happen given familiarity between the Cowboys/Eagles/Giants. Familiarity keeps games close and a bounce or two can decide a game.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Did u even watch the playoff game against the pats? The defense gave the chargesr so many chances to score but they came up with about 3-4 field goals and that was a game with no LT and no Gates, yes they struggled at the beginning of the season but they did pick things up making the AFC champion game, calling their year a fluke is just dumb cause u obviously didnt watch one game of the chargers all year and u just looked up the past scores of the pats vs chargers game.
That's called red zone defense, get a clue. Belichick's Patriots have continually fielded among the best bend-but-don't-break defenses. And Belichick has proven he can successfully gameplan against Phillip Rivers.

Let's get something straight, I think the Chargers can bounce the Patriots out of the playoffs. And get to the Super Bowl, they have the potential. I haven't even said if they should or shouldn't be ranked ahead of the Patrots, I was pointing to CC's "logic" earler.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It took a while to get there, but I think Dallas is finally back into that category again. Woooohooo!
your a redskins fan now d unit. no cheering for cowboys.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both NFC wild card spots will go to the East again I think, and I would definitely expect Dallas to be in as one of those three teams. Once in however, anything can happen given familiarity between the Cowboys/Eagles/Giants. Familiarity keeps games close and a bounce or two can decide a game.
you didnt include the skins? playoffs last year and returning all starters? healthy oline finally? hmmm
Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Familiarity is huge. I would definitely agree with that. Every NFC east divisional game is a tough one.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You could say the same about SD, considering our "strength of schedule" doesn't really mean anything within our own division when NY, Philly, and Wash play most of the same teams as us. Plus GB is weak. Rodgers sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is about to get a wake up call when Check down boy gets figured out after 2 games.
How is Green Bay weak?

And as for Rodgers you can't say he sucks anymore than someone can say he's great.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I picked the Redskins to make the playoffs last summer, and was right, but I don't think they get back this season. Philly will, imo. But the Redskins offense under Zorn is going to really develop, maybe not to full effect this year, but could take off next season with a healthier defense to be a very potent team. How much Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly contribute this season will be key, right now it's not looking too good for the rookies given their health issues which can hinder their chance for development.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts
Patriots
Chargers

Cowboys?
Jaguars?

It's not really elite five...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree no elite 5 at this point ..

1. New England

2. Indianapolis

3. San Diego

NYG, Dallas & Jacksonville on outside looking in while Pittsburgh deserves no mention in this 'elite' debate .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well they won't win a championship unless they get a QB
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers are far from elite but I think they make a big jump back to respectability this year with a healthy Delhomme, Stewart/Williams one-two punch and Otah at RT.

Of course, they don't have Smith for the first two games of the season, but.. I like their chances.

I guess the only "elite" teams are the Pats, Colts, Chargers and Cowboys. I'm adding the Cowboys because their offense was pretty damn good and will probably be a little better with Felix Jones and Barber in that backfield.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote