Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Bodden would be good but he's always injured, and was last year as well. Our starting DB tandem should be pretty good, depth is lacking but our CB's definitely aren't going to be the problem on D for us barring injury. As you said, Jones is a beast, and Pool is decent and improving each year. I don't see how you can't like our D "one bit" with the additions this offseason as well as guys like Sean Jones, Eric Wright, and Kamerion Wimbley on it.

I shouldn't call QB a big if, but the play of DA will decide if we are an elite team or not IMO. And with the rest of the offense around him it will be hard for him to suck too badly. This is only his second year as a starter so he's sure to be improving. And look what he did last year. I'd probably have the Browns at 6 or 7 right now but the top 5 is right there.
Is your secondary talented? Yes. Will it produce to according to the level of its talent? Who knows.

Kam Wimbley on one side is very good, and i was actually pretty envious of the Browns, having wanting to have him on my team opposite Ware, but who's on the other side? Jackson is good inside, but who's the other MLB? Rogers and Williams, if they play with motivation will be a great help to the line, but who's gonna lock down the other side of the line?

Derek Anderson went 53% from the field with 10 picks (as opposed to 9 td's) after week 10. As a whole, he had a very good year, but i wouldn't have my hopes too high for him to come in and light it up this year.

Outside of the top five i mentioned, it's hard to even make the argument that they're better than the Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Giants, Bucs and Seahawks, so yes, in my opinion, having them in the top five is a HUGE stretch.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other MLB will either be Leon WIlliams or Beau Bell, they won't be great, but serviceable. There's some question marks like I said, but I feel like these will be answered with flying colors for the first time since we've been back in the league. I think we're talented enough to either win the Super Bowl, or we could as Bengals said, easily miss the playoffs thanks to a tough schedule. I'm not going to argue this any more as I'll only sound more and more like a homer, but last year we had to win 9 out of our 10 games in shootouts basically. That's how well our offense played. This year I think with our defensive improvement we'll win some of the games we won in shootouts this year handily, but also keep it close in the tougher games and win some thanks to a high-scoring offense.

And we have a Josh Cribbs, which none of the other top teams are close to having.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
The other MLB will either be Leon WIlliams or Beau Bell, they won't be great, but serviceable. There's some question marks like I said, but I feel like these will be answered with flying colors for the first time since we've been back in the league. I think we're talented enough to either win the Super Bowl, or we could as Bengals said, easily miss the playoffs thanks to a tough schedule. I'm not going to argue this any more as I'll only sound more and more like a homer, but last year we had to win 9 out of our 10 games in shootouts basically. That's how well our offense played. This year I think with our defensive improvement we'll win some of the games we won in shootouts this year handily, but also keep it close in the tougher games and win some thanks to a high-scoring offense.

And we have a Josh Cribbs, which none of the other top teams are close to having.
If the down-the-stretch play of Derek Anderson is any indication of what you'll see from him this year, i wouldn't get my hopes too high on the Browns sniffing a Superbowl.

Josh Cribbs is huge, that i'll give you, but still, when ranking the teams as a whole, it's hard to argue they're better than any of the teams i listed previously, so i don't know how you can make the case that they're top five.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Yet you criticized someone for not having the Saints at #32 in their mock draft.
No I didn't. I may have said something about them being too low when placed at 21. think about it, according to what I have for my 5 elite, NO would be 30th - a far cry from 21.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Top 5

1. Patriots- They won't be as dominant as last year, with a weak secondary, and their is almost no way they repeat the offensive performance. Either way they went 16-0, and they won't go down by much. Merriweather can emerge as a great player, and I heard they may start him at times at Corner. The offense is all the same except for Stallworth but he barely even began to play near the end of the season, Jabar Gaffney and Chad Jackson will emerge as solid targets, and Moss and Welker will continue to do what they do.

2. Chargers- They have all the pieces, they are more used to Norv Turner as coach. They have great corners, with Chro and Jammer, and even rookie Antoine Cason has great potential. If Phillip Rivers steps up and LT, and Gates come back healthy, and does very good them in the Super Bowl is very likely. Shawne Merriman should continue to do well, and Luis Castillo will continue to do what he does best.

3. Colts- They have Dwight Freeney and Marvin Harrison back. Last year, the Colts gave the Pats a run for their money without Freeney or Harrison, I am one of those people who believe if they had them, they would have one. Peyton Manning will be Peyton Manning, Bob Sanders will be 100% healthy, and Anthony Gonzalez will step up as the slot receiver, and will be way better than Stokley when he was there. They will also bring back back the Dominic Rhodes Joseph Addai tandem thay brought them to the Super Bowl.

4. Cowboys- The Cowboys are a very good team, but I don't think they are even much better than the Giants. It is some homerism and some sense combined but they are ahead because they are better than NYG but only by a little. Romo, will continue to improve, but if T.O gets injured the Cowboys are royally screwed because Patrick Crayton is an inconsistent #2, lets not talk #1. Marion Barber will not disappoint in his first year starting, and Felix Jones will do fine being the lighting to Barber's thunder. I don't think Zach Thomas will play much, and Pacman won't do too much, but Newman and Ware should continue their dominance in what they do.

5. Giants- The Giants were I believe if I remember right, the third youngest team last year, and they won the Super Bowl. This year Eli has some confidence, and will probably be way more consistent this year, not to say he will have MVP numbers but along the lines of 27 - 16 around that. The triple threat running game will not slow down, but now we know we had a draft day steal from the 7th round with Ahmad Bradshaw and should be used to complement Jacobs way more. Plaxico healthy will help Eli, and Toomer maybe slowing down a little, but Steve Smith will be healthy for the season and might eventually during the season take his spot as the #2. Even without Shockey we won the Super Bowl, so I don't think him leaving will hurt much. Without Strahan, we can't use Tuck as a DT, but that is fine, if anything we might move Kiwi back to DE and keep Tuck at DT, our pass rush will not be down much because I can see Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi only improving. Our secondary is much better than last year, with an improving Aaron Ross, and a much better coverage Safety than Gibril Wilson with Kenny Phillips, and Corey Webster might finally be a solid #2 corner.

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 08-08-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
Especially since they lsot Faneca, who may have not had his best year, but must have been better than who they had behind him
Chris Kemoeatu. He could've easily started last year. He's not as agile as faneca.. but he's a better straight ahead blocker and way better in pass protection.

I'll respectfully disagree with the Pitt is not elite mantra.

We have won 10 or so of the last 15 AFC Central/North titles. Not to mention we have had what.. 2 losing seasons in the past 20 years?

We're contenders every year. If San Diego can be considered Elite... I don't see Why Pitt isn't..

More established QB, Better depth at every position sans OL.. and the defenses are pretty comparable.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 08-08-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
No I didn't. I may have said something about them being too low when placed at 21. think about it, according to what I have for my 5 elite, NO would be 30th - a far cry from 21.
You, sir, are FAR too high on the Saints. Do they have talent at the skill positions on offense? Yes. What besides that do they have to be considered a contender? They have solid DEs, a talented but completely unproven UT, an unproven LB corps outside of its MLB, who has shown that he only plays well in a system the Saints are not running, and a secondary that gets burnt more than toast in a bad toaster. I don't see their poor back 7 giving them enough to contend for a championship.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:14 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
MLB, who has shown that he only plays well in a system the Saints are not running
Hmm, I guess Vilma was lying when he said he was glad to be back in a system that plays to his strengths with the Saints.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Hmm, I guess Vilma was lying when he said he was glad to be back in a system that plays to his strengths with the Saints.
When did the Saints start running the Tampa 2? I mean, I know they have the personnel for it, but they've never indicated they'll be running it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
When did the Saints start running the Tampa 2? I mean, I know they have the personnel for it, but they've never indicated they'll be running it.
Payton said we are going to run a lot more zone defense this season. And Vilma said this defense is very similar to the one he was in with NY when they ran the 4-3. You are the first person to say he doesn't fit.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
You could say the same about SD, considering our "strength of schedule" doesn't really mean anything within our own division when NY, Philly, and Wash play most of the same teams as us. Plus GB is weak. Rodgers sucks. Anyone who thinks otherwise is about to get a wake up call when Check down boy gets figured out after 2 games.

Edit: We've improved or stayed the same in every aspect of the team. We lost no one of concern and added a bunch of key players. I see no way we miss the playoffs. Last years team plus Zach Thomas, Mike Jenkins, Felix Jones, Pacman Jones, and all of the young players expected to get significant time this year, Plus team not getting full of their own **** like they did last year = Major upgrade.
I love how the only team Rodgers has had significant playing time against was the Cowboys, and he almost won the game for us...but yeah, I completely agree, he's going to be horrible this year...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to come across to homeric here...but Dallas should be at the top of every poster's list. Judging by the sentiments expressed here, people are going to get a fairly big wakeup call this year.

I know that, coming from a fan of the team, that it is hard to credit, but this team is as loaded with football talent as any team I have ever seen. They are incredibly deep and talented at every single position. They have an unbelievable stable of CBs, unlike any I've ever seen or even heard of, and they were so loaded they used their two first rounders on players that they entirely expected to be backups.

I don't want to go on, but I do want to issue a fair warning. This team has no weakness. The thing people have been harping on has been 2nd WR. 2nd WR! This is a team with TO (possibly the best player at his position in the league and certainly in the top 3), Jason Witten (one of the great all-time seasons by a TE last year) and a few excellent role players, and we're worrying about a #2 wideout? THIS is the weakness? Doesn't that raise a red flag in some people's minds?

I would be deeply interested to hear any legitimate case made for why the Cowboys aren't the most talented team in the NFL, as well as a case for why they shouldn't be the prohibitive favorites to make the Super Bowl from the NFC, beyond the usual worn out "They haven't won a playoff game" yarn. We are looking at quality of a team, and when I look around the league this year, I don't see another team that matches up to this one.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah you don't sound like a homer at all I don't know where anyone would get that idea.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
5. Giants- The Giants were I believe if I remember right, the third youngest team last year, and they won the Super Bowl. This year Eli has some confidence, and will probably be way more consistent this year, not to say he will have MVP numbers but along the lines of 27 - 16 around that. The triple threat running game will not slow down, but now we know we had a draft day steal from the 7th round with Ahmad Bradshaw and should be used to complement Jacobs way more. Plaxico healthy will help Eli, and Toomer maybe slowing down a little, but Steve Smith will be healthy for the season and might eventually during the season take his spot as the #2. Even without Shockey we won the Super Bowl, so I don't think him leaving will hurt much. Without Strahan, we can't use Tuck as a DT, but that is fine, if anything we might move Kiwi back to DE and keep Tuck at DT, our pass rush will not be down much because I can see Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi only improving. Our secondary is much better than last year, with an improving Aaron Ross, and a much better coverage Safety than Gibril Wilson with Kenny Phillips, and Corey Webster might finally be a solid #2 corner.
THE GIANTS ARE NOT AN ELITE TEAM!

Now I know I'm automatically discredited b/c the fact that I have massive amounts of - rep and I am an Eagles fan but listen.

Eli is a mediocre QB who hit a hot streak at a good time last year. Eli has NEVER finished a season with a QB rating of 80 or higher. He's never completed a season with a completion percentage better than 57.7%. He has thrown 55 INTs in 3 Years of starting thats an average of 18.3 INTs a year as compared to his draft mates Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger:
  • Philip Rivers has thrown 24 INTs in 2 years of starting, thats an average of 12 INTs a year.
  • Big Ben has thrown 54 INTs in 4 years of starting, thats an average of 13.5 INTs a year, and thats even counting his horrid 2006 season with 23 INTs.

The Giants lost Jeremy Shockey. Now I know all of you are going to be like "But they won the superbowl without him!". Shockey was a good TE, he opened up running lanes and caught the ball well, he was an all-around TE. He brought an heir of toughness with him and had some scrap. Now the Giants replace a star TE with Kevin Boss for a whole season and expect the the Giants to be better off? Boss played admirably but not to Shockey's level.

Plaxico is injured with a sprained ankle and he wants a new contract. Getting injured in TC is never a good thing, especially if you are injury prone and were hobbled by injury to the same ankle last year.

Ahmad Bradshaw has been in jail. Derrick Ward is coming off of a Broken Leg (I believe).

Strahan is gone. Who replaces the void? Tuck. But now who is going to fill in the void that Tuck just vacated to take over for Strahan? Tuck is now the starting LE, meaning that he won't be lining up at DT in nickel packages anymore because he will be manning the LE spot. The Giant's defensive leader is gone. Kiwanuka isn't going to play DE, he has yet to play OLB consistently and he needs to learn how to do that before he plays DE, your going to over stimulate him for lack of a better term. You can't run if you don't know how to walk.

Beyond Osi and Tuck depth at DE is pretty bad. Giants DTs are mediocre. Mathis Kiwanuka is coming off of a major injury. Gerris Wilkinson is unproven and Antonio Pierce is a liability in coverage. Your DB situation is questionable at best. Kenny Phillips is still a rookie so you're going to have the typical rookie mistakes. Sammy Knight is older and he is average at best these days and beyond him there is no SS depth of mention. Sam Madison is older and is still servicable but teams are going to try and get mis-matches against him. Teams are going to try and have him line-up with the likes of Santana Moss and DeSean Jackson, (who are both lighting fast BTW). Beyond him, you've got RW McQuarters who is average. The Giants have young talent in Aaron Ross, Corey Webster and Terell Thomas. Webster is inconsistent and Thomas has yet to play an NFL down.

The Giants are the luckiest team in the world, 9/10 the Cowboys win that game, 9/10 the Patriots win that superbowl.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1a. Tampa Bay obviously. But the best of the rest are.

1b. San Diego Chargers: For some reason I am really high on the Chargers. If Phillip Rivers can continue to improve I really think the Chargers could do some damage this season.

2. New England Patriots: The Tom Brady and Randy Moss connection is almost unstoppable although there shaky secondary concerns me.

3. Dallas Cowboys: Dallas are the cream of the crop as far as the NFC goes and have the offensive and defensive power to trouble the AFC power houses.

4. Indianapolis Colts: If they didn't have Peyton Manning, they wouldn't be nearly this high.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: They probably aren't the 5th best team in the NFL, but I'm a huge fan of what Jacksonville have going on.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list is simply

Elite Teams
New England - has won 3 and been in 4 , that's elite folks and it's not even close.

Wantabees
Indy - won 1, if they can bring home #2, they move up to elite. 1 does get you rated that high.
New York Giants - ditto for the Giants. - other team's fans are in denial over the Giants but they are only going to get better but they are still a wantabe until #2 is accomplished.

Yet to approach that status but have the talent
Dallas - haven't made it past round 1 so rating them as elite at this point is a joke - do it and you'll move up but until then you'll be looking up at the elite teams.
San Diego - young team with lots of potential but potential doesn't make you elite just yet

Nobody else is even close.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

all this Giants are elite talk is really pissing me off, they are going to miss the playoffs.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
all this Giants are elite talk is really pissing me off, they are going to miss the playoffs.
Hard for an Eagles fan to face the reality that the Giants and even Dallas are going to get a lot better while the Eagles are in decline after so many injuries to McNabb. You had a nice run as ther best in the NFC but it's over unless somehow McxNabb can actually stay healthy for a couple of more seasons.
I also have to question the Eagles failure to give McNabb a #1 receiver. McNabb looked like Brady when he had Owens to throw to but is far more limited now with no #1 WR.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Hard for an Eagles fan to face the reality that the Giants and even Dallas are going to get a lot better while the Eagles are in decline after so many injuries to McNabb. You had a nice run as ther best in the NFC but it's over unless somehow McxNabb can actually stay healthy for a couple of more seasons.
I also have to question the Eagles failure to give McNabb a #1 receiver. McNabb looked like Brady when he had Owens to throw to but is far more limited now with no #1 WR.
OK, Giants are no good! Cowboys are better I'll give them that but the Giants suck arse.

Just so you know McNabb hasn't looked this good in TC since 2004.

But to adress your Eagles on the decline statement. Ok, 1st things 1st- lol lawlz OMG ROFL lol lol haha phew, now that that is over with.
  • QB of the future is on the team, his name is Kevin Kolb.
  • Lorenzo Booker the RB to replace Westbrook is looking like Reggie Bush in college in Eagles TC.
  • No #1 WR but the Eagles are loaded with #2 and #3 type WR
  • Shawn Andrews is the future RT.
  • The Eagles have a load of draft pick to choose a LT of the future.
  • DeSean Jackson is developing good chemistry with both McNabb and Kolb and is becoming a favorite target of theirs. He is only 22.
  • Trent Cole is only 25 and Omar Gaither is only 24 and they are defensive leaders already.
  • Mike Patterson lead all DTs in tackles last year and he is only 25
  • Broderick Bunkley is the most talented DL player on the Eagles, he is a beast at DT. He is only 24.
  • Stewart Bradley is a star in the making at MLB and he is only 24.
  • Chris Gocong is a good SLB and is only 24.
  • Victor Abiamiri is a young player who is the LE of the future and is only 22
  • Quintin Demps has impressed everyone in TC and is looking like the FS of the future for the Eagles, he is only 23.

The only old players on the team are Dawkins, William Thomas and Jon Runyan.
McNabb is only 32 and is only 1 year older than Tom Brady and the same age as Peyton Manning.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, Giants are no good! Cowboys are better I'll give them that but the Giants suck arse.

Just so you know McNabb hasn't looked this good in TC since 2004.

But to adress your Eagles on the decline statement. Ok, 1st things 1st- lol lawlz OMG ROFL lol lol haha phew, now that that is over with.
  • QB of the future is on the team, his name is Kevin Kolb.
  • Lorenzo Booker the RB to replace Westbrook is looking like Reggie Bush in college in Eagles TC.
  • No #1 WR but the Eagles are loaded with #2 and #3 type WR
  • Shawn Andrews is the future RT.
  • The Eagles have a load of draft pick to choose a LT of the future.
  • DeSean Jackson is developing good chemistry with both McNabb and Kolb and is becoming a favorite target of theirs. He is only 22.
  • Trent Cole is only 25 and Omar Gaither is only 24 and they are defensive leaders already.
  • Mike Patterson lead all DTs in tackles last year and he is only 25
  • Broderick Bunkley is the most talented DL player on the Eagles, he is a beast at DT. He is only 24.
  • Stewart Bradley is a star in the making at MLB and he is only 24.
  • Chris Gocong is a good SLB and is only 24.
  • Victor Abiamiri is a young player who is the LE of the future and is only 22
  • Quintin Demps has impressed everyone in TC and is looking like the FS of the future for the Eagles, he is only 23.

The only old players on the team are Dawkins, William Thomas and Jon Runyan.
McNabb is only 32 and is only 1 year older than Tom Brady and the same age as Peyton Manning.

First off, who give a **** if he's the QB of the future? he isn't playing...

-lorezno booker, traded from THE DOLPHINS, is gonna be like Reggie Bush?

- you know Andrews isn't at camp right? so he hasn't had time to work on moving to OT. rumors swirling he's Rudy Cool and a teammate leaked it...

- I'm glad 2 weeks of training camp put a midget rookie with average hands as a greattarget for your QB's.

- i guess every young player is gonna be a star, huh?

Sinorice Moss is only 23 and he caught the ball last night! SUPERSTAR!

and now i go discredit your Giants hating post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
First off, who give a **** if he's the QB of the future? he isn't playing...
ummm...

Quote:
-lorezno booker, traded from THE DOLPHINS, is gonna be like Reggie Bush?
Sure is, he's been lighting up Training Camp like nobodies buisness, he's been getting to the corner and taking it to the house. Hes been catching extremely well out of the backfield and he lines up at WR alot. He completly burned half the Eagles secondary.

Quote:
- you know Andrews isn't at camp right? so he hasn't had time to work on moving to OT. rumors swirling he's Rudy Cool and a teammate leaked it...
Yes I know he isn't there, but he is a top OG in the NFL and he isn't "Rudy Cool" he's depressed because his best friend just died.

Quote:
- I'm glad 2 weeks of training camp put a midget rookie with average hands as a greattarget for your QB's
- i guess every young player is gonna be a star, huh?
Well height won't be a problem when there is no one within 5 yards of him. And Jeez I really hope so

Quote:
Sinorice Moss is only 23 and he caught the ball last night! SUPERSTAR!
Sinorice Moss for MVP!

Quote:
and now i go discredit your Giants hating post
I'll discredit your post that discredits me.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THE GIANTS ARE NOT AN ELITE TEAM!

Now I know I'm automatically discredited b/c the fact that I have massive amounts of - rep and I am an Eagles fan but listen.

Eli is a mediocre QB who hit a hot streak at a good time last year. Eli has NEVER finished a season with a QB rating of 80 or higher. He's never completed a season with a completion percentage better than 57.7%. He has thrown 55 INTs in 3 Years of starting thats an average of 18.3 INTs a year as compared to his draft mates Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger:
  • Philip Rivers has thrown 24 INTs in 2 years of starting, thats an average of 12 INTs a year.
  • Big Ben has thrown 54 INTs in 4 years of starting, thats an average of 13.5 INTs a year, and thats even counting his horrid 2006 season with 23 INTs.

The Giants lost Jeremy Shockey. Now I know all of you are going to be like "But they won the superbowl without him!". Shockey was a good TE, he opened up running lanes and caught the ball well, he was an all-around TE. He brought an heir of toughness with him and had some scrap. Now the Giants replace a star TE with Kevin Boss for a whole season and expect the the Giants to be better off? Boss played admirably but not to Shockey's level.

Plaxico is injured with a sprained ankle and he wants a new contract. Getting injured in TC is never a good thing, especially if you are injury prone and were hobbled by injury to the same ankle last year.

Ahmad Bradshaw has been in jail. Derrick Ward is coming off of a Broken Leg (I believe).

Strahan is gone. Who replaces the void? Tuck. But now who is going to fill in the void that Tuck just vacated to take over for Strahan? Tuck is now the starting LE, meaning that he won't be lining up at DT in nickel packages anymore because he will be manning the LE spot. The Giant's defensive leader is gone. Kiwanuka isn't going to play DE, he has yet to play OLB consistently and he needs to learn how to do that before he plays DE, your going to over stimulate him for lack of a better term. You can't run if you don't know how to walk.

Beyond Osi and Tuck depth at DE is pretty bad. Giants DTs are mediocre. Mathis Kiwanuka is coming off of a major injury. Gerris Wilkinson is unproven and Antonio Pierce is a liability in coverage. Your DB situation is questionable at best. Kenny Phillips is still a rookie so you're going to have the typical rookie mistakes. Sammy Knight is older and he is average at best these days and beyond him there is no SS depth of mention. Sam Madison is older and is still servicable but teams are going to try and get mis-matches against him. Teams are going to try and have him line-up with the likes of Santana Moss and DeSean Jackson, (who are both lighting fast BTW). Beyond him, you've got RW McQuarters who is average. The Giants have young talent in Aaron Ross, Corey Webster and Terell Thomas. Webster is inconsistent and Thomas has yet to play an NFL down.

The Giants are the luckiest team in the world, 9/10 the Cowboys win that game, 9/10 the Patriots win that superbowl.
Have you watched the Giants pre-Shockey? He'll be missed for his blocking, but that's it. His drops, tantrums and douche-baggery won't be missed. Our OC even took shots at him last week talking how Boss has been great working with Eli. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think Boss is tough. He's no Shock, but he's not a va-jay-jay by an standards.

Plaxico's injury is BS. He just wants a new contract. His ankle is fine, and they're working on his deal. He said he won't holdout even if he doesn't get a deal. He's milking the injury, but will play and won't be a distraction. AT ALL.

Of course Strahan is missed, but tuck at LDE will work. He'll move inside and Kiwi to DE in the nickle. That's been stated by coaches for weeks. Kiwi knows how to play DE, he did his whole college career, and has adapted to OLB greatly having last year to learn. Is AP really a liability in coverage? And he's our leader, even Stray said AP was just as vocal.

Our DE depth is very good actually. We've got alot of hungry young guys battling it out and Tollefson played alot in the playoffs spelling Osi and Stray. Now you're pulling things out of your ass. Wilkinson probably won't start so theres that...

Madison is our 4th CB now.... RW may get cut, so again, you're way off.

Phillips is an animal, and Knight won't start. Butler started all last year, he's our "QB of the secondary" praised by all the coaches and DB's. And yes, our DT's are average at best.

But WTF does Bradshaw in jail have to do with ANYTHING?

And ward and kiwi were injured like8 months ago. They were fine lst night. You're graasping at straws and failing miserabley
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
ummm...

Sure is, he's been lighting up Training Camp like nobodies buisness, he's been getting to the corner and taking it to the house. Hes been catching extremely well out of the backfield and he lines up at WR alot. He completly burned half the Eagles secondary.

Yes I know he isn't there, but he is a top OG in the NFL and he isn't "Rudy Cool" he's depressed because his best friend just died.

Well height won't be a problem when there is no one within 5 yards of him. And Jeez I really hope so

Sinorice Moss for MVP!

I'll discredit your post that discredits me.
So Booker tearing up you're 2nd team D makes him Reggie Bush, the most explosive college football player in history?

and Jackson is fast, but THAT fast? surely you jest.

it doesn't take months to get over a death. There've been NUMEROUS reports by Philly papers he's rudy cool and his teammates called him out. There's a pic around somewhere, I'll find it for you
Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
[color=scarlet] Have you watched the Giants pre-Shockey? He'll be missed for his blocking, but that's it. His drops, tantrums and douche-baggery won't be missed. Our OC even took shots at him last week talking how Boss has been great working with Eli. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think Boss is tough. He's no Shock, but he's not a va-jay-jay by an standards.
You're under-estimating the value of Shockey. Boss is nice but he is not a Jeremy Shockey. Your offense just took a down-grade.

Quote:
Plaxico's injury is BS. He just wants a new contract. His ankle is fine, and they're working on his deal. He said he won't holdout even if he doesn't get a deal. He's milking the injury, but will play and won't be a distraction. AT ALL.
So you're trying to tell me that he is faking an injury to get a contract?

Quote:
Of course Strahan is missed, but tuck at LDE will work. He'll move inside and Kiwi to DE in the nickle. That's been stated by coaches for weeks. Kiwi knows how to play DE, he did his whole college career, and has adapted to OLB greatly having last year to learn. Is AP really a liability in coverage? And he's our leader, even Stray said AP was just as vocal.
I know Kiwi playede DE all through college but he should learn to play SLB before you make him play 2 posistions. So AP is your leader, so he still sucks in coverage regardless of loud he is.

Ou
Quote:
r DE depth is very good actually. We've got alot of hungry young guys battling it out and Tollefson played alot in the playoffs spelling Osi and Stray. Now you're pulling things out of your ass. Wilkinson probably won't start so theres that...
Really a bunch of no name, late round draft picks, UDFA and an old veteran are good depth? Who starts at WLB then? Jonathan Goff? Danny Clark? Not much better.

Quote:
Madison is our 4th CB now.... RW may get cut, so again, you're way off.
Quote:
Phillips is an animal, and Knight won't start. Butler started all last year, he's our "QB of the secondary" praised by all the coaches and DB's. And yes, our DT's are average at best
Phillips is still a rookie and he's going to make mistakes and have mental lapses, I think he'll be great in the future but he'll struggle this year against the pass.

Quote:
But WTF does Bradshaw in jail have to do with ANYTHING?
IDK, but it isn't exactly a good thing.

I notice you didn't refute my Eli Manning statement :D
Old 08-08-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
So Booker tearing up you're 2nd team D makes him Reggie Bush, the most explosive college football player in history?

and Jackson is fast, but THAT fast? surely you jest.

it doesn't take months to get over a death. There've been NUMEROUS reports by Philly papers he's rudy cool and his teammates called him out. There's a pic around somewhere, I'll find it for you

This One?

Bookers has been tearing up the 1st team defense with the second string offense.

Maybe I exagerated on the Jackson thing :D