Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm joining in a tad late, but mine ism in no particular order.
New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts
Dallas Cowboys
Jacksonville Jaguars
San Diego Chargers

I have faith in Aaron Rogers, but I don't know quite how much he can do this year. I still think that the Packers make the playoffs, either as the Norris champ or the Wildcard, but I don' tthink I'd put them up there with these 5, even with Favre. The Saints have the potential to be great, but I just don't see the superbowl potential right now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
You're under-estimating the value of Shockey. Boss is nice but he is not a Jeremy Shockey. Your offense just took a down-grade.

So you're trying to tell me that he is faking an injury to get a contract?

I know Kiwi playede DE all through college but he should learn to play SLB before you make him play 2 posistions. So AP is your leader, so he still sucks in coverage regardless of loud he is.

Ou

Really a bunch of no name, late round draft picks, UDFA and an old veteran are good depth? Who starts at WLB then? Jonathan Goff? Danny Clark? Not much better.

Phillips is still a rookie and he's going to make mistakes and have mental lapses, I think he'll be great in the future but he'll struggle this year against the pass.

IDK, but it isn't exactly a good thing.

I notice you didn't refute my Eli Manning statement :D
I've watched Shockey for 5 years, I'm not under-estimating him

and yes, that's exactly what Plax is doing. He's not faking, but milking it. He's been cleared for a couple days.

So what if our young guys are unproven? What's the difference between our young guys and your "future star" young guys? What makes them future stars and ours unproven? I guarantee you our "unproven guys" have just as much time as your "future stars"

Kiwi knows how to play SLB. he's an SLB. He'll rush the passer on 3rd down. Not exactly rocket science or learning 2 positions.

and everyone knows Eli throwsa **** load of INT's. didn't stop him from sweeping the Eagles last year, did it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I dont even think there are 5 dominant teams in the NFL but if i had to pick some i would pick New England and Indy maybe the Dallas. The giants still dont impress me

yes, quite unimpressive
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not sure if i would put the Giants in the Top 5, but there can be made a case for them and i really dont know why people dont get it. Clear Cut? Maybe not. But def up there

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NE
Indy
Dallas
SD
Jacksonville

And look at that. The Steelers play ALL 5 of those teams this year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Im not sure if i would put the Giants in the Top 5, but there can be made a case for them and i really dont know why people dont get it. Clear Cut? Maybe not. But def up there
Clear cut? probably not, but they really should be. Granted, most are NFC East posters who hate the Giants, with D being the only NFC East poster who has the giants up there.
Quote:

Last edited by scottyboy : 08-09-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

yes, quite unimpressive

That doesn't matter this season.

Only thing that matter this year is what the 53 guys on their roster can do. Don't be expecting another one of those.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Only thing that matter this year is what the 53 guys on their roster can do. Don't be expecting another one of those.
Why shouldn't I be expecting it? We're the Super Bowl champs, and I know non-Giants fans don't know this, but we're not changed at all. Phillips is an upgrade at safety, and our locker room is now quiet and safe. We'll have close to the same 53 guys back.

But it's fine, winning Super Bowls is over rated anyway, right?

Obviously the fact we won one last year isn't "impressive"(quoting the skins fan). It means something towards being elite seeing as all the teams you listed didn't do it so if they're elite, and the Giants did something they couldn't...what's that make us? And don't give me that lucky crap. Real men make their own luck
Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to sound like a homer, but i think the notion that the pats are aging is getting blown a little bit out of proportion. The pats are aging, but they have already begun to infuse some youth at the positions they are aging most. At LB they signed Hobson, drafted Mayo, Crable, and lost Seau (for now), thus adding more speed and youth. In the secondary they lost samuel (which sucks), *** (who cares), wilson (again, who cares), but still have meriweather, sanders, and harrison at S, with wheatley, wilhite, sander, bryant, meriweather at times, and hobbs at corner. Also, tank williams will be playing a S/LB type role. Those are really the two main areas we were getting old at, OL is all back, and fairly young, WR the oldest is Moss but he's still playing at an elite level, DL is in the prime of their careers. Granted alot fo youth isnt necessarily a good thing either...
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man if my team won the Superbowl and everyone was shouting luck in my face I'd probably lose it eventually lol.

Regardless of what people say, Giants were the best on Sunday and if they did it against such impossible odds it just makes it all that much more impressive to me.

Sub-definition of Elite is relevant here, but I guess we'll just go with the teams that will play at a high level of competition in the next few years:

1) Patriots
2) Colts
3) Cowboys
4) Chargers

All 4 of the above teams have both a well balanced offense and well balanced defense, giving them a well balanced overall team. I dislike people who think you can win with just a ground or just an aerial attack, simply put: you need both. And likewise people who think you can win with just a defense or just an offense are out of their minds; I'm not saying its impossible just improbable.

5) Steelers

Probably weird that I went on a little rant about people hating on the Giants and then I didn't put them in my top 5, but I will say I think there are more than 5 teams that are going to raise the level of competition over the next couple of years, and giants are right there with these guys.

As far as the Steelers go and why they got the nod ahead of other likely teams such as Jags / Giants / Redskins and a couple others; its simply because of their dominance over the A.F.C. north/central since 1994 (They've won it 8/14 times - and 1 of the times they didn't win it, they went on to win the superbowl :) ) and I think they'll continue to be a competitive force in this league for the next several years.

Or maybe I just notice them more since they spank my team twice a year... you decide :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do people make these threads? I mean they always become homer battles
So many homers!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So many homers!
Yeah these type of threads, and let's rank players are probably the biggest fluff type threads on a football MB.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya but its been a really slow period, its only now starting to pick up a little bit. I mean, the past few weeks its been stuff like this, how awesome everybody is doing in camp, or Farve...
Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
So many homers!
hey, it's my thing! :D

but seriously i haven't even been bad in this thread at all!
Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Why not? That's what all NY fans expect. That's why it's hard to play in NY, because all our sports expect titles, and there is no coincidence that alot of our fan base are also Yankees fans. We expect superbowls, and that's the goal every year.

Now realistically we may not win again, but who cares, we have now 3 superbowls and 7 championships. I expect us to do well, because we didn't lose key people, and we drafted well, and supplemented our roster with the FAs we need. We are also a young team too. So I expect us to be in the mix, unless something bad happens.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Quote:
hey, it's my thing! :D

but seriously i haven't even been bad in this thread at all!
Ur boy rice looked good last night...at least until mayo knocked his helmet off:)
Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got this question for Giants fans, three years ago, when Pittsburg won the superbowl, did you say their run was lucky? I'll bet a lot of you did, and you would be right. The same is true for the Giants this past year, they got lucky at the right time. I don't blame you for backing your team, but when its someoen else, I bet you guys have a totally different persprective.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I've got this question for Giants fans, three years ago, when Pittsburg won the superbowl, did you say their run was lucky? I'll bet a lot of you did, and you would be right. The same is true for the Giants this past year, they got lucky at the right time. I don't blame you for backing your team, but when its someoen else, I bet you guys have a totally different persprective.
I didn't. Thought they were a good team. Probably lucky they played the biggest va-jay-jay team in the Super Bowl('hawks). But I thought they were a pretty good team. Very solid D, strong OL and nice weapons.

Also, unless a total fluke play happens, I don't believe it's lucky. It's playing well when it matters, which I call "clutch"
Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. New England Patriots
2. San Diego Chargers
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Indianapolis Colts
5. Pittsburgh Steelers

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, unless a total fluke play happens, I don't believe it's lucky. It's playing well when it matters, which I call "clutch"
Ben Roethlisberger stumbling over himself and shoe-lace tackling Nick Harper was skill?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just going to breakdown our whole team as a lot of people seem not to know much about the superbowl champs.

Eli hasn't had great numbers, he's thrown a lot of INTs, these are all facts, but here are some other facts to consider, Eli has had very inconsistent coaching and some horrible play calling that put him in a position to force a lot of balls, if you don't think forcing the ball deep results in more INTs then you should try watching some football before coming back to comment on this board. Actually if you want proof look at what eli's done in the hurry up offense where he got more freedom, he's simply clutch and a guy you can be confident in to drive the team for scores when they're needed.

Losing Shockey hurts our running game because he was crucial to sealing the edge, but without him Jacobs will be running more iso and other up the middle runs where sealing the edge isn't as vital to make up for his slow first step. Bradshaw was probably our best RB last season and didn't get much PT until late in the season, now he'll be a big piece from the get go. and Ward is arguably one of the best 3rd string RBs in the league, we'll run the ball successfully even without Shockey.

As for our Receivers Plax is actually going to be healthy enough to practice, that's a serious improvement over last season where he was still good enough to torch some of the leagues best corners. Smith was huge for us late in the season and now Gilbride has time to work him into the O from TC on. Toomer has slowed down, but he's still a smart vet and has good hands. Losing Shockey hurts our decoy routes, but Boss has great chemistry with Eli and he might not be the fierce mofo Shockey was, but he'll do fine as a secondary weapon.

Our Oline is still one of the best in the league and we've improved our depth, finally having a viable backup OT not named Guy Whimper.

On D Tuck is physically better than strahan was last year and should be fine as our LE in our base D, in our nickel packages he'll still play that UT role he flourished in last year, with Kiwi putting his hand down outside.

Strahan was a leader, but AP was the leader for this D and there's no reason for him to be worse, i've heard he isn't as fat this year as last which will only help him. Regardless whether Wilk can get healthy and win the starting WLB spot we'll be fine with Clark, Wilk, Kehl and Goff fighting for that spot. And Kiwi has been looking a lot better and is actually taking good angles against the run this year in TC, plus Torbor really wasn't anything special so replacing him won't be hard.

Now on to our secondary, the most improved part of this team, last year we started the season with RW and Madison starting at corner, this year Madison will be fighting for the 3rd corner spot with Thomas and Dockery, RW will probably be cut. Ross was very good for a rookie corner when he finally got on the field, this season he'll be more adjusted to the NFL and be starting from day 1, depending on how spags uses him he'll either be shutting down teams #2 WRs or slowing their #1s. Webster showed he can be a very effective player when used in press man, I really doubt he's not significantly better than either of our starters at the start of last season. Now our safety group is a lot better, I loved Gibril but he was played out of position simply because we didn't have anyone at safety who could run and cover, phillips will be an upgrade from day one and for those who like camp news he's been lighting things up. At the other starter spot it'll be either Butler or Knight playing the more veteran in the box role and both are good fits, if they struggle we still have Michael Johnson who showed good flashes last season and with some seasoning will be the perfect fit for that in the box role.

Now when discussing our D it's also vital to realize how much Spags moves people around and puts them in different positions to use their strengths, most of our starters or top subs are very versatile and can be used from different spots, Tuck, Kiwi, Ross, Thomas, Webster, etc.

I just don't see this team not improving on last season performance and while I doubt we repeat I think it's somewhat absurd not to consider us an elite team.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Only luck they had was playing the seahawks in the superbowl, I really wasn't a fan and think if the NFC wasn't so bad that year they wouldn't have even gotten to the NFC title game, put that team in last year NFC playoffs and I doubt the beat the giants, packers or cowboys.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

You make me want to punch a wall. Seriously, the Giants are AVERAGE! Not spectacular, not terrible just middle of the road average. Why? Because your QB is not good!

Maybe you missed this so I'll repeat:

Eli is a mediocre QB who hit a hot streak at a good time last year. Eli has NEVER finished a season with a QB rating of 80 or higher. He's never completed a season with a completion percentage better than 57.7%. He has thrown 55 INTs in 3 Years of starting thats an average of 18.3 INTs a year as compared to his draft mates Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger:
  • Philip Rivers has thrown 24 INTs in 2 years of starting, thats an average of 12 INTs a year. Has a career completion percentage of 60.8%.
  • Big Ben has thrown 54 INTs in 4 years of starting, thats an average of 13.5 INTs a year, and thats even counting his horrid 2006 season with 23 INTs. He has a career completion percentage of 63.2%.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
You make me want to punch a wall. Seriously, the Giants are AVERAGE! Not spectacular, not terrible just middle of the road average. Why? Because your QB is not good!

Maybe you missed this so I'll repeat:

Eli is a mediocre QB who hit a hot streak at a good time last year. Eli has NEVER finished a season with a QB rating of 80 or higher. He's never completed a season with a completion percentage better than 57.7%. He has thrown 55 INTs in 3 Years of starting thats an average of 18.3 INTs a year as compared to his draft mates Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger:
  • Philip Rivers has thrown 24 INTs in 2 years of starting, thats an average of 12 INTs a year. Has a career completion percentage of 60.8%.
  • Big Ben has thrown 54 INTs in 4 years of starting, thats an average of 13.5 INTs a year, and thats even counting his horrid 2006 season with 23 INTs. He has a career completion percentage of 63.2%.
Good job reading my second paragraph when it comes to coaching, forcing deep balls, his success in the hurry up, etc. Really well done, those stats make it clear that you're an idiot, this isn't meant as a personal attack, simply an analysis of the data you have provided. I'm sorry if you're actually an intelligent person who just happens to be ignorant when it comes to football.

Edit: I've figured it out, you just don't realize that repeating a terrible argument doesn't make it better. Ignore the this post, because I know what your response is going to be "Eli's a mediocre QB who got lucky and has 55 INTs over 3 years starting" right?

Last edited by ALD : 08-08-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
Good job reading my second paragraph when it comes to coaching, forcing deep balls, his success in the hurry up, etc. Really well done, those stats make it clear that you're an idiot, this isn't meant as a personal attack, simply an analysis of the data you have provided. I'm sorry if you're actually an intelligent person who just happens to be ignorant when it comes to football.

Edit: I've figured it out, you just don't realize that repeating a terrible argument doesn't make it better. Ignore the this post, because I know what your response is going to be "Eli's a mediocre QB who got lucky and has 55 INTs over 3 years starting" right?
Dont mind Eaglesfan, he can only understand Troll