Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst of these teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8 10.67%
Philadelphia Eagles 0 0%
New Orleans Saints 1 1.33%
Cleveland Browns 2 2.67%
Buffalo Bills 34 45.33%
Tennessee Titans 21 28.00%
Washington Redskins 5 6.67%
Green Bay Packers 3 4.00%
Minnesota Vikings 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4th Annual NFLDC Preseason Rankings: #17

Houston was up, or down, by 5 so I figured that was decisive enough.
Here is what we have so far.

32. Atlanta Falcons
31. Miami Dolphins
30. San Francisco 49ers
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Detroit Lions
27. Oakland Raiders
26. Denver Broncos
25. St. Louis Rams
24. Baltimore Ravens
23. New York Jets
22. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
20. Carolina Panthers
19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, now that the poll is up....

I was really tempted to go with the Bucs but I think they have proven more and are a more experienced team than the Bills. So I went with Beefalo finally
Old 08-07-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Children, for the second time...it posts the thread, then you make the poll.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is where it starts getting tough, but I'll go with the Bills.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I said in the last one of these that I would have the Titans before the Bills but I've thought about it some more and I really think the Bills should go here.

VY had a bad season last year statistically but still pulled out wins when needed and I think I'd take him over Edwards. I like what the Bills have in Lynch but the Titans actually have several backs who add up to more than what the Bills have imo. The lines are close, I think the Titans is pretty underrated. The Bills win at WR just because the Titans have nobody out there, but that didn't really seem to hurt them too badly last year....

And on defense I think I like the Titans overall a little more. I said above that this one came down between the Bucs and the Bills to me honestly.

Just my thoughts...
Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the Titans.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... 4th annual preseason rankings... and I just realized...

I've been a part in all 4 of them.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

titans.....pretty damn close, but I gotta represent for my boys.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

redskins should get more votes tho imo.....not feeling them with that division.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
redskins should get more votes tho imo.....not feeling them with that division.
well remember, with power rankings, its not "who will do better in their division" or "who will be better for the future" but which of these teams is the best/worst as things stand right now.

And I think the Redskins have the potential to still be a somewhat strong team, better than the Bills, Titans or Bucs perhaps.....
Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wiat change my vote to the Bills
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
well remember, with power rankings, its not "who will do better in their division" or "who will be better for the future" but which of these teams is the best/worst as things stand right now.

And I think the Redskins have the potential to still be a somewhat strong team, better than the Bills, Titans or Bucs perhaps.....
yeah thats true.....i suppose they are the better team, but I could see them finishing with a worse record. So they still belong higher....fair enough.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
yeah thats true.....i suppose they are the better team, but I could see them finishing with a worse record. So they still belong higher....fair enough.
right, thats just how I look at it at least. I'd personally have the Redskins ahead of the Bills, Titans and Bucs still, even if their tough division means they have a worse record when all is said and done.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Went with the titans, they have a better oline than the bills but it's close, bills though are a lot better at every skill position on O outside of QB. Also I think the Titans D is going to take a step back as I just don't see Fat Albert playing with the same intensity now that he's not in a contract year. Although i really like the Titans potential I don't think this is their year.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, Albert is in a contract year - a 1 year franchise tag is effectively a contract year.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Actually, Albert is in a contract year - a 1 year franchise tag is effectively a contract year.
I thought they were working out a long term deal with him? If not then Tennessee's D should be just as filthy.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, they've come this far, may as well see how well he plays this season before any serious negotiations. The deal can't be signed until after week 17 anyway so how he plays will determine his deal, or his value should he hit free agency, so it is very much a contract year really.

It's hard to tell what really motivates AH but also consider that in his time off during suspension and from then on out, he has put a lot of energy into refining technique. He uses his hands much better now and while a big deal may cool him down, I think he genuinely wants to be the best DT in the NFL. I think he always kinda did, he just was being outclassed technique wise a lot and it got into his head.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Seahawks have to be the choice IMO I just don't see a whole lot to be excited about.

Matt Hasslebeck has 0 weapons to throw to. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram are average at best. John Carlson a rookie is the starting TE.

Julius Jones and TJ Duckett aren't what I would want in my backfield.

The Defense is good and solid but un-spectacular.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see them in the top-10 in the draft.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Seahawks have to be the choice IMO I just don't see a whole lot to be excited about.

Matt Hasslebeck has 0 weapons to throw to. Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram are average at best. John Carlson a rookie is the starting TE.

Julius Jones and TJ Duckett aren't what I would want in my backfield.

The Defense is good and solid but un-spectacular.

Honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see them in the top-10 in the draft.
I agree, they definitely took a step back this season, but it was expected after the release of Shaun Alexander. There wasn't a back out there that was capable of handling all the carries, so they went with their only option. They are a team that is overrated right now, but they still have the division by a mile if you ask me.

They aren't the choice right now though, Buffalo got my vote.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post
I agree, they definitely took a step back this season, but it was expected after the release of Shaun Alexander. There wasn't a back out there that was capable of handling all the carries, so they went with their only option. They are a team that is overrated right now, but they still have the division by a mile if you ask me.

As mediocre as Julius Jones is, he is better than what Shaun Alexander has become.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
As mediocre as Julius Jones is, he is better than what Shaun Alexander has become.
hence the fact that he isn't on an NFL team atm......

I think the Seahawks are still a little ways off. I'd put them ahead of Beefalo, Tennessee and TB at least without thinking to much into it.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post

They're just as bad as the Bears offense if you ask me. And like the Bears they have a good defense and a terrible offense.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

I for one, hope that Shaun Alexander has a great season this year.

A team has to want him in the first place obviously, but someone will blow out their knee, right?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
They're just as bad as the Bears offense if you ask me. And like the Bears they have a good defense and a terrible offense.
whoaaa....Matt Hasselbeck > Bears offense. Plus the Seahawks defense isn't really that bad.....

Like I said, they're a few teams away imo
Old 08-07-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

I would rather have Duckett, Morris and Jones than Matt Forte and Kevin Jones. And when your 3rd/4th wide receiver is your biggest playmaker, that's when you should recognize that you have some issues on offense to work out.

If I'm Jerrey Angelo or the Halas family, and Lovie Smith doesn't reach at least 7-9 this season, then I'm letting him go.