Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
To be fair Shaun Hill is atleast half decent.

Huh? When did this happen?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF should've drafted Colt Brennan. He wanted to play there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Huh? When did this happen?
He did more in three games then 'small hands' did in three seasons. Enough said.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck Vernon with Alex Smtih throwing you the ball... thats if Alex can throw the ball with his little hands

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
He did more in three games then 'small hands' did in three seasons. Enough said.

Doing better than Alex Smith doesn't make you a decent QB.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Vernon Davis more talented than all of them? Probably.

Has he proven it? Not even close.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

davis is a bust. there i said it. i don't care how "freakish" he was out of college and you can make excuses about the qb's and supporting cast but fact of the matter is he's just not a very good TE. could that change? probably. will it? probably not.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all I would like to point out that Alex Smith's hands are normal sized

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PGIEG788D1.DTL

Now as for the subject of Davis I don't think there is anything wrong with a little confidence but I will admit he takes it too far sometimes. Now he could very easily put up 800-900 yards and 8-9 touchdowns this year is Alex Smith stays healthy and Martz uses him like he says he will. However I think a more realistic prediction would be around 700 yards and 5 touchdowns. But that would still put him on the level of other elite tight ends like Cooley and Clark. I mean last year he put up 500 yards and 4 touchdowns in only 14 games with Trent Dilfer throwing him the ball most of the time and Jim Hostler calling the plays. He now has more experience under his belt and the situation around him has drastically improved since last season
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon just likes to talk ****. Would you prefer if he said, "Man, I am going to go out there and try to be the worst player on the field"? And wasnt like 90% of this board in love with him when he was coming out?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
davis is a bust. there i said it. i don't care how "freakish" he was out of college and you can make excuses about the qb's and supporting cast but fact of the matter is he's just not a very good TE. could that change? probably. will it? probably not.
why isn't he? i'd say he is already a top 10 blocker in just his 3rd year in the league. last year he had to play under the worst offensive coordinator of all time with trent dilfer throwing him the ball and still caught 53 passes and 500+ yards. keep in mind that jim hostler kept him in to block over 60% of the time he was on the field.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He better he's on my fantasy team.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Another thing VD needs to realize...

He'll have a pathetic QB no matter who lines up behind center.
Don't forget Alex Smith's hands aren't even big enough to cup Davis' gargantuan ballsack.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HAHAHA... Martz doesn't even put a TE on the field except on rare occassion. This is going to be interesting.
I agree, it will be very interesting to see how Martz utilizers Davis since his offense doesn't use a TE a whole lot.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Vernon just likes to talk ****. Would you prefer if he said, "Man, I am going to go out there and try to be the worst player on the field"? And wasnt like 90% of this board in love with him when he was coming out?
relevance? Doesn't really matter what people thought coming out. No one argues that he is isn't still a physical freak, but what has he done with it? People still think he can be good, but to this point he hasn't been. I still expect him to be a real good TE, but he talks like he already is there, which is far from the truth

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he doesn't talk ****, he's talking out of his ass. He has, as of now, done nothing significant in the NFL, so what gives him the right to talk like he's better than Gonzalez, Gates, Winslow and Witten. You can't talk the talk if you have been unable to walk the walk.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VD is the most overrated player in the NFL right now. He's just not that good.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What a normal player would say?

"Those guys are all great players, but i think i could play just as well." Bam, no disrespecting the other guys, showed selfconfidence. What he did is just dumb

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Wow. Read those last two lines to yourself again and you might want to edit. You totally contradicted yourself by saying that it could probably change but it probably won't.

Bottom line about VD is this. He was drafted based on pure upside. If you don't recall, coming into the year Marcedes Lewis and Leonard Pope were the two top rated TE's in the 06 draft. Everyone knew VD was raw and would take a bit longer to develop. For those kinds of players you have to give them at least a year or two, AND at least two consecutive years in the SAME SYSTEM. Everyone talks about how Alex Smith has had a new coordinator every year, well so has VD.

Also, last year VD was not used in the same way as KWII, Gonzalez or Gates. He was a traditional TE that was not flexed out very often. That said, his stats were very respectable for a traditional TE. If you keep in mind that he has improved every year and is one of the hardest workers on the team, it's only natural that he is going to eventually get better. Davis actually stays out and works on individual drills longer than most other guys on the team and his drive to be great has been talked about by both Nolan and Martz.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony G's shoe laces> VD
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a guy, he can do it

he has to compete with this though

Last edited by stephenson86 : 08-08-2008 at 12:48 PM.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooley >> VD!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way I guess we will find out shortly wont we
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not that he just hyped himself up, he named the best tight ends in the game right now and said they are 'OK', when your talking big game like that you have to come with it...Winslow Jr talks confident like that, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him call a guy out, but he produces 1100 yd seasons and can line up as a WR and beat any defensive back, right now VD is just fast and huge...He's settin g himself up for alot of attention, and he better step up in a huge way for how he's talking.

He's nowhere close to those other TE's he listed, don't give me that "more talented" stuff because he was drafted higher or ran a faster 40, there is alot more to being a great TE then measurables and athletic ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that coordinators are not given enough credit for adaptability. Martz will make the necessary changes to his playbook and make sure Davis is the number one target in the passing game. You do not become a renowned coordinator by being rigid.

I think the opportunity is there for Davis to be an elite TE; it comes down to how Alex Smith improves, if at all, and if he can master the offense from a mental standpoint.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think that coordinators are not given enough credit for adaptability. Martz will make the necessary changes to his playbook and make sure Davis is the number one target in the passing game. You do not become a renowned coordinator by being rigid.

I think the opportunity is there for Davis to be an elite TE; it comes down to how Alex Smith improves, if at all, and if he can master the offense from a mental standpoint.
Alex has had to learn a new playbook every year since being in the league. That's just too much. He should retire and go into coaching. He knows everyone's playbooks.

When a coordinator has to change/adapt, then he no longer is at his best. He's trying something new that he has no experience in. How things work theoretically versus how they work on the field doesn't always go as planned/hoped.

Now, no one can say that all coordinators are the same. Some adapt better than others... but for a guy like Martz who's now being bounced all over the place... he's obviously not "adapting" very well. Coordinators who don't adapt well, don't hold jobs very long.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote