Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be Miami's Starting QB?
Josh McCown 22 27.85%
Chad Pennington (If he signs) 38 48.10%
Chad Henne 10 12.66%
John Beck 9 11.39%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Miami's Starting QB?

Who will open Week 1 as the Miami Starting QB.

Also, in a response, who do you all think will finish the season as the starter as well.

(I know this should probably have gone in the Team Forum, but I wanted to get opinions from everyone.)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McCown will probably start the season, and Henne will finish.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest question will be, what does it matter?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think the biggest question will be, what does it matter?
Because its funny to watch McClown play.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be Beck. Whether his job will be safe is different.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Marino will be the dolphins QB. After seeing all the pub Brett got he un-retires to promote nutri-system.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCown then Henne, Pennington imo will end up in Chi town.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
McCown then Henne, Pennington imo will end up in Chi town.
you wouldn't find me complaining about that part......Chad with KO backing up him, good enough for me. So he can't throw more than 20 yards down the field, big deal. He won't be a serious **** up like Rexy......

And like I said the first time he tried starting this thread, McCown will start it and Henne will end it.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Week 1-Josh McCown

Week 10-Chad Henne

End of Season-No clue...

They'll end up starting 4 different QB's this season, weather someone gets hurt or they do in fact sign Pennington.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post
They'll end up starting 4 different QB's this season, weather someone gets hurt or they do in fact sign Pennington.
4? If they sign Pennington, I'd be willing to bet that one of McCown/Beck gets cut.

I think we see 3 starters max....McCown for a few weeks until the team crashes, Beck for a little while then Henne in the end to get him some experience.

I think it could just go from McCown to Henne though
Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't see them cutting Beck after they drafted him so high a year ago. Sure it was a different regime that drafted him and it was a really bad pick but still.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pennington signs right now, I think he will be the starter because what is the whole point of signing Pennington if not to start him and Beck will take over, and Henne will get some experience at the end once Beck proves he isn't the future at QB, and for some experience.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I just can't see them cutting Beck after they drafted him so high a year ago. Sure it was a different regime that drafted him and it was a really bad pick but still.
well, there aren't even like, minor ties to that regime. Parcells did a clean sweep. Coaches, GM....everyone. If they signed Chad, they'd probably dangle Beck as a trade option for a little while if they choose to part ways with him instead of McCown, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if Beck was just straight up cut.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be Pennington/McCown and then Henne. Beck has been struggling all camp and the new guys really have no loyalty to him. I expect 3 different guys to start a preseason game though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've taken Brady Quinn, wow what a screw up he falls right to you and you don't take him.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I doubt they would cut anyone after signing Pennington.

They just signed McCown in the off-season
They haven't even given Beck a real shot and he's only a second year man
Chad Henne is obvious

They could sign Pennington obviously, but if they do it will be a horrible move. Pennington should only be used as a back-up right now, and if Miami were to add him, then they would only be adding to the mess that is huge as is.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post
I doubt they would cut anyone after signing Pennington.

They just signed McCown in the off-season
They haven't even given Beck a real shot and he's only a second year man
Chad Henne is obvious

They could sign Pennington obviously, but if they do it will be a horrible move. Pennington should only be used as a back-up right now, and if Miami were to add him, then they would only be adding to the mess that is huge as is.
That is...unless your Chicago.....heh....

I don't think it would be too bad of move for them. It was at the tail end of the Parcells regime that he was drafted and they have shown some initial interest. I think he would be a short term improvement as a starter and could be moved to back up Henne in the future.

And I don't think it would be out of the question for McCown or Beck to be cut.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
you wouldn't find me complaining about that part......Chad with KO backing up him, good enough for me. So he can't throw more than 20 yards down the field, big deal. He won't be a serious **** up like Rexy......
The first time you see Chad Pennington complete three consecutive passes only to have the Bears punt on 4th and 2 will change your mind.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
The first time you see Chad Pennington complete three consecutive passes only to have the Bears punt on 4th and 2 will change your mind.
Its far, far, FAR better than Rexy throwing two "Holy jesus WTbloodyF" passes way down the field and then throwing a pick on 3rd down setting up the other team at the Chicago 30 and forcing our tired defense to trudge back onto the field and defend the bad field positioning.........
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Noodle Arm signs with the Dolphins. I voted Chad Henne. While he wont be in Week 1, I think if they're bad enough during the year, he will get a shot.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The year of 07' draft I moved from New York to Miami, and I was watching the draft and when they took Ted Ginn Jr. over Brady Quinn I rofled. Brady Quinn arguably could have been the first pick, and right now the Fin's would have a face of their franchise, but instead they took a WR, who has done well as a returner but hasn't done much as WR, to be fair it is only his second year now.

Chad Pennington will start if signed, like I said before their is almost no other reason to sign him and put him on the bench. Henne will start by the end of the year no matter who will start at the beginning, and Beck will go nowhere honestly in the NFL, keep in mind he is already 27...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
keep in mind he is already 27...
That's what happens when those kids go on their Mormon mission trip. That's kind of how it is with just about all their players.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:14 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he signs, I'll go with Pennington getting in and learning enough to take the reins of a play it safe offense. I can't imagine Pennington really would be able to go into a much better situation, though, in regards to Parcells being in his corner, which is always a boost. If Pennington signs, I look for them to somewhat showcase McCown or Beck and ship one of them off when an injury happens (Beck probably would get more in return). I think Henne starts the year at number 3, perhaps moves up to 2 at some point midseason. Whether or not he ends the year as the starter probably will depend on how well Chad Pennington plays.

Now, if Pennington doesn't sign, I would guess McCown, but that's somewhat random.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should go with Henne. Miami is obviously in a rebuilding mode, so they're not ready to make a deep run in the playoffs. By the time they're ready to do this, McCown will be somewhere in his 30s, probably ready to retire. Then, you're going to have an inexperienced guy in Beck or Henne come in and this could ruin their offense. So I think they should just start with Henne.

I hope they start Beck though. He is horrible :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if it were a normal team, i'd say they HAVE TO give the QB they picked in the top 40 in 2007 a fair chance before they move on. so, for me, it has to be Beck at least at the beginning of the season.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote