Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default sigh....Chris Williams possibly done for year....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-for-the-year/

You've got to be ******** me. Well I suddenly became much more pessimistic about the season if these rumors are true.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That obviosuly isn't good news for da Bears, that offense cannot afford any injuries.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-.- thats ******* ridiculous.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No wonder we're thinking of bring Fred Miller back.....god damn it!! This years a waste now. I was optimistic that health on both sides of the ball could make us a .500 team but this is already a HUGE blow..........

Williams is heading down the Marc Colombo path I'm afraid...
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thinking i am reconsidering Matt Forte as ORTY
Old 08-07-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thinking i am reconsidering Matt Forte as ORTY
I don't think Williams was much for run blocking to begin with, we might actually be better at that with St. Clair in or Tait moved back....but our QB's are doomed with Allen and Kampman getting to run wild past whoever will be there trying to pass block.......
Old 08-07-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like they are saying its an injury unrelated to the one before the draft and it seems like it is as minor as it can get.

I hope so

Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Seems like they are saying its an injury unrelated to the one before the draft and it seems like it is as minor as it can get.

I hope so
I really hope so too.....I know PFT can be wrong and I'm hoping this is one of those times, but it scares the bejeesus out of me. We need him in and healthy and learning....
Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that's surprising if true. Which we don't know at all given the particular source.

Maybe Dwight Freeney and Marcus Howard help solve the Bears' quarterback competition by taking one out Week 1.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I really hope so too.....I know PFT can be wrong and I'm hoping this is one of those times, but it scares the bejeesus out of me. We need him in and healthy and learning....
well thats what they just said on tv

Old 08-07-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4972

Herniated disc. Went under surgery in the last 24 hours. He's probably done.... sigh.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4972

Herniated disc. Went under surgery in the last 24 hours. He's probably done.... sigh.
Well....at least the Chiefs are having bad luck with Albert too. Kind of softens the blow of us passing on him a little bit since they're both hurt atm.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Well **** me. We can probably start contemplating top 10 picks right now, considering what this does for us depth-wise.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
Well **** me. We can probably start contemplating top 10 picks right now, considering what this does for us depth-wise.
yeah.....yeah.......Likely not top 5 as I think our defense is worth 5 wins but him being out hurts us bad. I hope its not season ending....I really do....but even him missing a lot of camp hurts his chances of learning and contributing this season anyway.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If it were any other injury, I wouldn't worry that much. However, his back is definitely more to worry about throughout his career.

I know herniated discs usually are one and done with one spot, but don't they tend to appear in different spots if you've had one before?
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said that it was as minor as it gets (they being announcers during the game). I hope he isnt out the season, but its not like we had seen the guy play so we cant say that he would have improved the overall play of the offensive line. Just throwing that out there, he would have helped yes, but we were still doomed.

Lets bring in Shane Olivea, he is suspended the 1st 2 games I believe, but he played on the Chargers, and maybe a suitable replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
They said that it was as minor as it gets (they being announcers during the game). I hope he isnt out the season, but its not like we had seen the guy play so we cant say that he would have improved the overall play of the offensive line. Just throwing that out there, he would have helped yes, but we were still doomed.

Lets bring in Shane Olivea, he is suspended the 1st 2 games I believe, but he played on the Chargers, and maybe a suitable replacement.
Olivea was a RT there and was benched even before anything suspension related took place....I'd be wary. Better than bringing back Fred Miller though. Much, much better than that.....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, this isn't pretty, and it actually got me to check in on NFLDC during the summer. Williams' different leg lengths won't help long term either, as it has the potential to increase any wear and tear that might happen.

I didn't think we were a playoff team this year anyways, but if Chris is out for the year ...

I wonder what the backup plans are? Do they move John Tait back to the left side (he is the best on paper option) and go with St. Clair or someone at RT?
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone is definitely saving face here.. Could that be Jerry Angelo? You know the guy that doesn't hardly ever show his face during brutal seasons, but is all over the media when this team is successful? Jerry Angelo cannot draft offense.

Of course, this was a pre-existing injury.

Let me get this straight, in his first practice of the year he herniates a disc in his back? Uh, yeah.. right.. Which doctor cleared this guy medically? Where did he go to school? Joliet Junior College? What a midget.

Teams dropped this cream puff from their draft board before the draft! RED FLAG?!

It's obvious Jerry Angelo is going to spin this saying it was a fresh injury.

Jerry might as well start getting medicals on Michael Oher.. It's going to be a LONG year.

Worst offense ever assembled on paper, anyone?

#1 WR - Brandon Lloyd - a guy who could not get on the field for a team with a dysfunctional WR core.
LT - John St Claire? Enough said.
LG - ? Who is it? Metcalf? Didn't he just have knee surgery? And doesn't he suck?
QB - Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton? Nice.
& a rookie RB from Conference USA as your starting tail back.

What a complete cluster****. I hope some *** die hard Bears fan pillages Jerry Angelo's ass for this abortion of an offense he assembled.

Not to mention we have the worst offensive cordinator in football running our offense.

If Fred Miller is resigned and starting on this OL I will completely lose it and go on a fvucking rampage.

Last edited by Geo : 08-08-2008 at 09:00 AM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The line did a decent job last night IMO. KCs pass rush isnt the best, but for the most part the QB was able to throw the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post

Let me get this straight, in his first practice of the year he herniates a disc in his back? Uh, yeah.. right.. Which doctor cleared this guy medically? Where did he go to school? Joliet Junior College? What a midget.
"Hi everybody!"

"Hi Dr. Nick!"

I believe he went to Hollywood Upstairs Medical School btw....

And heres more info on it:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ury-confirmed/
Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he may have had a pre-existing back injury, but didn't they say during the game that in 3 years starting at Vandy he never missed a practice or a game? If so, why would the Bears have any reason to believe he was an injury risk? Sure they prolly new he had something minor wrong with his back, but if a player hasn't missed a game in 3 years I'm not really second guessing or immediately taking him off my draft board...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post

I wonder what the backup plans are? Do they move John Tait back to the left side (he is the best on paper option) and go with St. Clair or someone at RT?
Fred ****** Miller back at RT. The wheels are in motion. Its just a matter of him wanting to come back.

Does everybody think the organization is just saving face by calling it a new injury?

Last edited by SFbear : 08-08-2008 at 10:26 AM.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have St Clair at RT and Tait back at LT.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
"Hi everybody!"

"Hi Dr. Nick!"

I believe he went to Hollywood Upstairs Medical School btw....

And heres more info on it:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ury-confirmed/
More Like:

"Hi Mr. Williams, do you have any problems?"

"Not really!"

"Okay Your cleared!"