Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I would rather have St Clair at RT and Tait back at LT.
yea but they really don't want to do that after having Tait get back to playing RT all offseason, he said he really doesn't want to have to stop and start re-adjusting to LT unless it's the absolute last resort, which obviously it would be, but the Bears prolly want to try and find other possibilities first
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post

What a complete cluster****. I hope some *** die hard Bears fan pillages Jerry Angelo's ass for this abortion of an offense he assembled.

oh, this is almost sig worthy!

seriously though..sucks about Williams. i hate seeing first round draft picks going down before their first year. hated seeing Greenway get hurt too.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I thought Olivea signed with the Giants?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
I thought Olivea signed with the Giants?
i think he did

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Someone is definitely saving face here.. Could that be Jerry Angelo? You know the guy that doesn't hardly ever show his face during brutal seasons, but is all over the media when this team is successful? Jerry Angelo cannot draft offense.

Of course, this was a pre-existing injury.

Let me get this straight, in his first practice of the year he herniates a disc in his back? Uh, yeah.. right.. Which doctor cleared this guy medically? Where did he go to school? Joliet Junior College? What a midget.

Teams dropped this cream puff from their draft board before the draft! RED FLAG?!

It's obvious Jerry Angelo is going to spin this saying it was a fresh injury.

Jerry might as well start getting medicals on Michael Oher.. It's going to be a LONG year.

Worst offense ever assembled on paper, anyone?

#1 WR - Brandon Lloyd - a guy who could not get on the field for a team with a dysfunctional WR core.
LT - John St Claire? Enough said.
LG - ? Who is it? Metcalf? Didn't he just have knee surgery? And doesn't he suck?
QB - Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton? Nice.
& a rookie RB from Conference USA as your starting tail back.

What a complete cluster****. I hope some *** die hard Bears fan pillages Jerry Angelo's ass for this abortion of an offense he assembled.

Not to mention we have the worst offensive cordinator in football running our offense.

If Fred Miller is resigned and starting on this OL I will completely lose it and go on a fvucking rampage.
On the bright side...you should have drafted Mendenhall.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
not really, we have Forte who has looked pretty good so far for a 2nd round pick...no one is really upset with our starting RB spot as of now
Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
**** mendenhall. This year was a waste anyway. Cheers to 2010!

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it should be said that, even assuming that Williams is out for the year which we do not know is the case, this injury doesn't mean he can't be a great pick for the Bears from 2009 and on.

Unless I'm mistaken, this isn't a Charles Spencer situation where an injury put his career in jeopardy, you know? The medical staff discovered the herniated disk, either in their recent follow-up examination or before, and surgically attended to the issue. He now has to heal up.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said Geo. Rookies get hurt more often, which is one of the many things that makes the draft an impossible science.
Williams even said that he could play through it if it was in the regular season. I think that giving him the surgery now would prevent more problems down the road.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let us hope for the best

Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tillman came back in three months. not a full out disaster.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i hope he turns out like Tillman did

Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
i hope he turns out like Tillman did
that would be badass....Even if he's just an average NFL LT, I would take it. I mean, I hope he does better but even that would be decent.

I'm reading more and more today that the Bears are playing this up like its not a big deal and I hope their right, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they're just trying to save face....
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
that would be badass....Even if he's just an average NFL LT, I would take it. I mean, I hope he does better but even that would be decent.

I'm reading more and more today that the Bears are playing this up like its not a big deal and I hope their right, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they're just trying to save face....
most likely saving face, and most fans will overreact mainly because of how the media will portray the whole thing...but it's not like it is a serious/career threatening injury...even if he does miss this whole season, which would kinda suck, it's not like he alone would bring us a Super Bowl and I'd much rather make sure he takes his time and is healthy for the future than to rush him back

also, your sig on wisdom teeth is lame, I got mine out on a Friday and was back at work the following Monday and started eating solids (albeit softer solids) by mid week...you just decided to trade in for a vagina before you got yours pulled ;)
Old 08-08-2008, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
also, your sig on wisdom teeth is lame, I got mine out on a Friday and was back at work the following Monday and started eating solids (albeit softer solids) by mid week...you just decided to trade in for a vagina before you got yours pulled ;)
yeah well you must have lucked out is all I have to say....mine completely kicked my ass and over a week later, I had to go back in because my gums around my bottom teether were still swollen up so far I couldn't bite down all the way. This whole thing has sucked badly for me....
Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks guys bad luck
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams out 10-12 weeks.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,4431087.story

Quote:
Williams was told following the procedure that he should expect to be out 10 to 12 weeks, a source said Friday. The Bears are idle Oct. 26 -- just before the 12-week mark -- before beginning the second half of the season at home against the Lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
boy...I suppose it could be worse. I guess its best to get him fixed up now and miss most of his rookie year than risk hurting it further and miss years later in this career.

Probably means we're bringing back Fred Miller for sure though
Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's really not that bad. If it takes 12 weeks, that would be the beginning of November, week 9 against Detroit. He misses the first 7 games. I expected 4 months. I think it's safe to say that they dodged a bullet.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming he's healthy for the second half of the season, that is half a season to get some valuable experience in as a rookie left tackle. But to keep him on the roster until then is asking a lot, and certainly hoping injuries don't strike at thin positions. It will be interesting to see what the Bears do, if they go ahead and put him on injured reserve or not. If he is on IR, he can't practice with the team but he can attend meetings.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
That's really not that bad. If it takes 12 weeks, that would be the beginning of November, week 9 against Detroit. He misses the first 7 games. I expected 4 months. I think it's safe to say that they dodged a bullet.
lol, dunno about dodging it...this still really sucks. They got grazed by it though.

Now, even if he comes back healthy, I'm not sure we'll see him this year. If we're really bad off by then (definite possibility) he could get some garbage time games but even then, it might be most wise just to let him take the whole year off. Take in all the mental aspects of the game he can and then let him start anew next season
Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should let him start playing starting the wild card game ;)

Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough break guys i was really high on williams and was looking forward to seeing what he could do this year

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

You will see in the playoffs

Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Lions fan, I feel sorry for you guys. Hopefully you guys can beat Minny for us this year.