Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

View Poll Results: RB's
Chargers 18 48.65%
Chiefs 5 13.51%
Raiders 14 37.84%
Broncos 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA / FL
Posts: 3,166
Reputation: 65199
Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best By Position in AFC West: RB's

Team with best Running Backs?
__________________




Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Moderator
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,423
Reputation: 102758
toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Best run game is probably going to be Oakland. Best unit, I'll still lean with San Diego.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 976
Reputation: -76
kmartin575 needs more cowbell.
Default

I think the Chiefs potentially have the best unit overall. The only team that could argue with the Chiefs about best depth overall is Oakland but Larry Johnson is a better back than McFadden or anybody else in Oakland, assuming he returns healthy. Kolby Smith put up some good numbers as a rookie behind a horrible offensive line and we just drafted Jamaal Charles who IMO is not that far off talent wise from Darren McFadden.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near the Bay
Posts: 5,942
Reputation: 2559
doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default

to bad the Chiefs oline isnt any good otherwise you could do alot with those RBs.
__________________
"The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 976
Reputation: -76
kmartin575 needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
to bad the Chiefs oline isnt any good otherwise you could do alot with those RBs.
They have better pieces on the line than Oakland does. And last time I checked we just drafted an offensive lineman in the 1st. The run game is going to be alot better this year. Branden Albert is a good run blocker and will start at one of the tackle positions. Rudy Niswanger has about 20 or 25 pounds on Casey Wiegmann which is a big improvement at center. He did very good when he got playing time at right guard last year (like in the game where Kolby Smith put up 150 yards on the Raiders) but his natural position is center where he should excel at. We have brought in ALOT of players to fill out the right side of the line. If Branden Albert starts at left tackle then Damion McIntosh can play right tackle and somebody else can move inside to guard. Barry Richardson could play right tackle or right guard. Not sure how the line is going to look come opening day but we have alot more talent than last year and the 5 best will see the field. Not to mention we have a new offensive coordinator who uses some zone blocking.

I would take our line situation over Oakland's any day.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near the Bay
Posts: 5,942
Reputation: 2559
doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Your post makes a ton of sense.An oline which was ranked last in pass blocking and only had a 3.3 y/c for rushing is supposed to be better this year than an Oline which was ranked 11th last year in pass blocking and had 4.1 y/c because your team drafted two rookies.Yep your situation is alot better than ours.Depending on a rookie to play LT a position at which hes a project is pretty smart.Not to mention the other rookie you got doesnt even fit in the ZBS.Your Oline coach is pretty good to I hear.Apparently for the most part the past ten years hes been coaching in NFL Europe.Thats quite a resamay hes got there.
__________________
"The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 976
Reputation: -76
kmartin575 needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Your post makes a ton of sense.An oline which was ranked last in pass blocking and only had a 3.3 y/c for rushing is supposed to be better this year than an Oline which was ranked 11th last year in pass blocking and had 4.1 y/c because your team drafted two rookies.Yep your situation is alot better than ours.Depending on a rookie to play LT a position at which hes a project is pretty smart.Not to mention the other rookie you got doesnt even fit in the ZBS.Your Oline coach is pretty good to I hear.Apparently for the most part the past ten years hes been coaching in NFL Europe.Thats quite a resamay hes got there.
Resamay? I didn't realize that was a word. I believe the word you are looking for is "resume". Use a dictionary, it helps. And you want to talk about having quite a "resamay"? How about a head coach who has never been a head coach at any level before he came to the Raiders. Yeah, that's quite a "resamay."

The funny thing people don't realize is that our line from 2006 to 2007 was basically the same except for the loss of Will Shields and Jordan Black. In 2006 Larry Johnson had over 1,700 yards. Losing Shields was a loss. We improved over Jordan Black with Damion McIntosh. So if losing one player can hurt us so much, I would imagine adding several players could really help. And where did I say we were counting on two rookies to fix the line? I mentioned a new center who outweighs former starter Casey Wiegmann by 25 or 30 pounds. That right there is a big improvement as far as run blocking is concerned. I could argue about the strong points of some of the waiver wire pickups and some of the players from within our system that we are developing but it would be useless because since you have never heard of most of them you will instantly say they suck. I'll just let you wait and see.

And did you also not notice the part where I said we are implementing some zone blocking in our scheme? You know, the only reason your line improved last year? Because if it wasn't for zone blocking your line would be trash. Your line is easily the least talented in the entire NFL. Kwame Harris at left tackle? Yikes.

I would also imagine losing Larry Johnson for half the season would contribute to our ypc being very low.

So as I originally stated, the Chiefs have the best depth at runningback in the AFC West. Ladainian Tomlinson is the best starter, followed by Larry Johnson, but Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith >>> Jacob Hester and Marcus Thomas.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Posts: 1,116
Reputation: 1397
DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I think the Chiefs potentially have the best unit overall. The only team that could argue with the Chiefs about best depth overall is Oakland but Larry Johnson is a better back than McFadden or anybody else in Oakland, assuming he returns healthy. Kolby Smith put up some good numbers as a rookie behind a horrible offensive line and we just drafted Jamaal Charles who IMO is not that far off talent wise from Darren McFadden.
That's a monolithic if. Very few running backs recover from a 370+ carry season, and no one recovers from a 400+ carry system.
__________________

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Posts: 1,116
Reputation: 1397
DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I would also imagine losing Larry Johnson for half the season would contribute to our ypc being very low.
I don't think his 3.5 ypc were exactly helping it either.
__________________

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near the Bay
Posts: 5,942
Reputation: 2559
doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Resamay? I didn't realize that was a word. I believe the word you are looking for is "resume". Use a dictionary, it helps. And you want to talk about having quite a "resamay"? How about a head coach who has never been a head coach at any level before he came to the Raiders. Yeah, that's quite a "resamay."
and the Chiefs hired a guy who had a losing record as a HC in the NFL.Basically you took another teams trash as your HC.He certainly has improved the Chiefs.they went from 9-7 to 4-12 in his two years as HC.

Quote:
The funny thing people don't realize is that our line from 2006 to 2007 was basically the same except for the loss of Will Shields and Jordan Black. In 2006 Larry Johnson had over 1,700 yards. Losing Shields was a loss. We improved over Jordan Black with Damion McIntosh. So if losing one player can hurt us so much, I would imagine adding several players could really help. And where did I say we were counting on two rookies to fix the line? I mentioned a new center who outweighs former starter Casey Wiegmann by 25 or 30 pounds. That right there is a big improvement as far as run blocking is concerned. I could argue about the strong points of some of the waiver wire pickups and some of the players from within our system that we are developing but it would be useless because since you have never heard of most of them you will instantly say they suck. I'll just let you wait and see.
so because he weighs more hes an improvement.That makes sense.
I can say the same thing about some of the guys in our system to.the difference is that our Oline coach is good whereas your Oline coach has done nothing other than coach the worst Oline in the NFL.
Quote:
And did you also not notice the part where I said we are implementing some zone blocking in our scheme? You know, the only reason your line improved last year? Because if it wasn't for zone blocking your line would be trash. Your line is easily the least talented in the entire NFL. Kwame Harris at left tackle? Yikes.
and yet its still much better than the Chiefs Oline.

Quote:
So as I originally stated, the Chiefs have the best depth at runningback in the AFC West. Ladainian Tomlinson is the best starter, followed by Larry Johnson, but Jamaal Charles and Kolby Smith >>> Jacob Hester and Marcus Thomas.
To bad Darren Sproles is better than both of them.Chargers RBs>Chiefs RBs.id probably say that Lamont Jordan is better than both of them as well.Or that Selvin Young is better than both of them.
__________________
"The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,445
Reputation: 1999224
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
and the Chiefs hired a guy who had a losing record as a HC in the NFL.Basically you took another teams trash as your HC.He certainly has improved the Chiefs.they went from 9-7 to 4-12 in his two years as HC.
Atleast our HC can stay out past midnight and doesn't get carded buying beer.:)
__________________
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,009
Reputation: 8367262
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You're deluded if you think Lamont Jordan now is better. And Selvin Young? Come on. I understand wanting to be right, but making claims like that is just ridiculous.

This thread is the best RBs in the AFC West. If you're talking about single players, no one comes close to LT. No one in the NFL is close to LT. If you're talking about squads, however, Chiefs have to be at the top. LJ is one of the best backs in the game when he's healthy, and Kolby Smith filled in pretty damn well when LJ went down, and then add to that a back some projected as a second round talent?

I don't know. Offensive line isn't really the argument here. It's RB squad and depth, and the Chiefs are at the top when it comes to that.

edit: I realized just now this thread has been dead almost a month, but I just saw it today damnit!
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,712
Reputation: 12513
ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Last year i would have said Chargers without a doubt but without Turnner this year all they really have is LT and not like that is a bad thing but Oakland has Fargas and McFadden
__________________
ChezPower4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Chargers cause McFadden didnt prove anything yet
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Chargers because LDT is the best there is and there is no need for a RBC if your top runner is LADAINIAN ******* TOMLINSON
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.