Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst of these teams?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 34 43.59%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 10.26%
New Orleans Saints 4 5.13%
Cleveland Browns 1 1.28%
Pittsburg Steelers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 3 3.85%
Green Bay Packers 8 10.26%
New York Giants 0 0%
Washington Redskins 18 23.08%
Minnesota Vikings 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4th Annual NFLDC Preseason Rankings: #15

32. Atlanta Falcons
31. Miami Dolphins
30. San Francisco 49ers
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Detroit Lions
27. Oakland Raiders
26. Denver Broncos
25. St. Louis Rams
24. Baltimore Ravens
23. New York Jets
22. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
20. Carolina Panthers
19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans
17. Buffalo Bills
16 Tennessee Titans

Yes, I skipped 16. It was going to be pretty redundant to actually go through with it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm voting Tampa this time around. It's between them, the skins and packers in my mind and Tampa is the weakest all around out of those 3 imo
Old 08-08-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Seahawks, no weapons on offense what so ever.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the Redskins on this one. I agree with you on who the bottom 3 are BB.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I went with Green Bay.

I feel somewhat bad for Aaron Rodgers, but that's not going to change anything. He is going to have Brett Favre on his back all season long and honestly, I don't think he can handle it. I think the success of the Packers 2008 season is based on Aaron Rodgers performance.

I have the Packers going 7-9 this season.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see the Redskins being worse than the Bucs guys...I'd like to hear someones argument who is voting that way.

Yeah they play in a tougher division but thats not what you look for in power rankings. I'd say they're about even at QB as Garcia is older and disgruntled. I'd say the Skins have a better backfield committee than Tampa and I like the Skins pass catchers more than Tampa. I also think I prefer the Skins o-line to Tampa as well....

The defenses too are about even imo. The Bucs do a lot with what they still have but I think the Skins have more talent in their defense personally.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I'm telling you guys, its the Seahawks, they're not looking good right about now.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
32. Atlanta Falcons
31. Miami Dolphins
30. San Francisco 49ers
29. Kansas City Chiefs
28. Detroit Lions
27. Oakland Raiders
26. Denver Broncos
25. St. Louis Rams
24. Baltimore Ravens
23. New York Jets
22. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
20. Carolina Panthers
19. Arizona Cardinals
18. Houston Texans
17. Buffalo Bills
16 Tennessee Titans

Yes, I skipped 16. It was going to be pretty redundant to actually go through with it.
How come you're in charge of this?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How come you're in charge of this?
nobody who was in charge is going to be without internet for a while. It was discussed in one of the previous threads.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
nobody who was in charge is going to be without internet for a while. It was discussed in one of the previous threads.
That would be NIP .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
That would be NIP .
yeah, i went and looked it up. I guess a name like nobodyinparticular doesn't stick well in the memory or something, lol
Old 08-08-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK sounds good. ...I was just wondering. Keep it up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay should have been in the 20's

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, TB made a helluva comeback in this. Deservedly so....now I'm trying to figure out who to vote next....i think its between Washington and GB for me.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks that Favre signed, after the Jets were chosen, right now I'd put them ahead of Buffalo, but yeah we cannot go back in time.

Back to the matter at hand I voted Tampa, they have a disgruntled QB, few weapons, and the defense is aging, but they do have some bright young spots like Gaines Adams Tanard Jackson etc.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
It sucks that Favre signed, after the Jets were chosen, right now I'd put them ahead of Buffalo, but yeah we cannot go back in time.

Back to the matter at hand I voted Tampa, they have a disgruntled QB, few weapons, and the defense is aging, but they do have some bright young spots like Gaines Adams Tanard Jackson etc.
I'm willing to put some money on the bills having a better record than the jets this season. The Jets oline still has to gel, favre has to learn a new offense, and on D I think Pace is over-rated and Gholston won't be an instant impact. The jets will be better than last year but not better than the bills IMO.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
I'm willing to put some money on the bills having a better record than the jets this season. The Jets oline still has to gel, favre has to learn a new offense, and on D I think Pace is over-rated and Gholston won't be an instant impact. The jets will be better than last year but not better than the bills IMO.
well put, I agree for the most part. I think atm at least, the Bills are still the better team of the two
Old 08-09-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
Well it is debatable, but the point is with Favre I think the Jets should be higher than 23, I think they should be around 18 right now.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well they should be a little higher, but then the bears should be lower since Chris Williams is out for the season also.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I really don't see the Redskins being worse than the Bucs guys...I'd like to hear someones argument who is voting that way.
No Problem.

Quote:
I'd say they're about even at QB as Garcia is older and disgruntled.
I see your point, but I still take Garcia before Campbell. Plus, Campbell is also injury prone.

Quote:
I'd say the Skins have a better backfield committee than Tampa and I like the Skins pass catchers more than Tampa.
I agree.

Quote:
I also think I prefer the Skins o-line to Tampa as well....
By going position-by-position...

LT: D. Penn (an okay young LT, nothing more) vs C. Samuels (Great LT, but is often injured) Winner: Easily Redskins
LG: A. Sears (A great youngster) vs P. Kendall (Good player, but he is aging) Winner: Pretty close, but I'd go with the Bucs
C: J. Faine (A very good and smart player) vs C. Rabach (Avereage guy, nothing spectacular) Winner: Bucs
RG: Davin Joseph (One of the best young Guard in the game) vs R. Thomas (Excellent guard, but he is aging and injury prone) Winner: Bucs
RT: J. Trueblood (Good young player, but that's it) vs S. Heyer (A raw player who did okay) Winner: Bucs

Both lines are pretty good. The Redskins have the better LT, but the Bucs have the better line overall. The Redskins line has two problems: Age and Injuries. Plus, they don't have any depth. This is why I prefer the Bucs line.

TB has one of the best interior offensive line in the league.

Overall, both offense are pretty equal, but I agree to give an edge to Washington.

Quote:
The Bucs do a lot with what they still have but I think the Skins have more talent in their defense personally.
First, Monte Kiffin is a better DC than Greg Blanche. Then, if you look at the roster:

DL: Redskins here. The D-Line is the weakness of Bucs defense and Redskins have Taylor. I still prefer Bucs DTs though.
LB: Bucs. London Fletcher is better than Ruud, Brooks and June, but Redskins OLBs aren't very good. June is an elite coverage LB, Brooks is still a very good player and Ruud is a great young MLB with a nose for the ball.
DB: Bucs. The Redskins probably have the best player in Landry, but the rest of their DBs is average. Springs is a very good CB, but Barber is better. Rogers is an okay player who he is usually injured. Buchanan is a good #2 CB, that's it. I think that Bucs are better that the Redskins at the CB spots. Tampa also have an elite Safeties pair, while the Redskins have Landry with an average FS. I'd take the Bucs Safeties as well. Also, I prefer Bucs depth at the DBs position.

Once again, I think that both teams are close on defense. But here, I give the edge to Tampa Bay. Overall, I say that both teams are equal on paper, but I prefer Bucs coaches. The Redskins have changed a lot of coaches and both players and coaches need to adapt to their new environment. This is why I prefer the Bucs over the Redskins.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
No Problem.
All interesting points and maybe i discredited the Bucs D a little bit, but I think I'm sticking with the Bucs for this spot.

Like, even if you want to give the Bucs the QB position, the Skins still win imo at the running back spots and pass catcher spots. Also, I think Jon Jansen is still the starting RT for Skins no? Maybe he was hurt last year, can't remember, but I think I'd at least prefer him to Trueblood if he's still there.

It's all opinion and ours just differs I suppose
Old 08-09-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the Eagles
Old 08-09-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd say that this one can probably be called soon. Maybe even skip the next one since the Skins are firmly in 2nd place on this one.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the deadskins. Their quarterback situation is probably the least envious out of all the teams there, save the Vikings (who with their D alone, makes them better than Washington). I just don't believe in Jason Campbell yet, so that's really what pushed my vote. They lack a go-to receiver, and while talented at the position, they're very raw. Not a good combination in the NFC East
Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

green bay, passing game isn't going to be near as good and thats going to hurt the run game also.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote