Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-09-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hater in the house

Adam Teicher not a fan of Bobby Sippio or his fans.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/119
Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put Teicher in the Whitlock category of guys who need a new line of work
Old 08-09-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't completely agree with him but I don't completely disagree either.

I think Sippio can be a good player but I don't think he'll see the field much during the season. He played well in the game against the Bears but he did play against 3rd/4th string dbs.

I don't know. He's got great hands and is a big guy but he's not very fast and he's not very young.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 08-09-2008 at 08:28 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who cares if Sippio played against 3rd/4th stringers?his job was to come in and produce when called on and he did just that so no reason IMO to hold the fact it was against backups
Old 08-10-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does matter who he played against. If the coaching staff felt he could do that against top competition, he would have been out there with the first and second stringers. He wasn't.

I like the guy, I was pulling for him, but Franklin and Webb looked really good in that first preseason game, not to mention Maurice Price who made that insanely athletic catch.

I don't see how he'd fit into this rotation.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why the guys basically writing him off because he's not fast, so what? There are countless WR's in the NFL making a living on teams who are not fast, Patrick Crayton is a good example.

I saw alot of Sippio in the AFL so I know why he has so many fans, the guy is a gamer, he runs good routes, has great hands, I don't know if he can make it or not, but its somewhat silly for this editor to assume there is no shot already and writing him off, if that was the case we would of never still had Sam Hurd or Miles Austin on our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't get why the guys basically writing him off because he's not fast, so what? There are countless WR's in the NFL making a living on teams who are not fast, Patrick Crayton is a good example.

I saw alot of Sippio in the AFL so I know why he has so many fans, the guy is a gamer, he runs good routes, has great hands, I don't know if he can make it or not, but its somewhat silly for this editor to assume there is no shot already and writing him off, if that was the case we would of never still had Sam Hurd or Miles Austin on our team.
THANK YOU!look at Samie Parker.great speed but can't catch a cold.give me a good route runner with good hands over speed anyday
Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I'm saying that right now where would he fit in? You want Sippio to be a 2nd string WR? 3rd? Right now it looks like Bowe is the clear #1 (obviously), with Darling/Webb penciled in at #2 and Franklin being #3 slot man. Where would Sippio fit into that?

And, we already have a "decently" fast receiver with good hands. His name is Dwayne Bowe.

I'm not saying I don't think he should make the team, not at all. I just don't see where he'd fit. It looks like he's 5th on the depth chart (according to the announcers) so it'll be hard for him to work up to a starting (top 3) job at this point.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I guess I'm just saying it bugs me that some say a guy only looked good because he was facing backups.that's not giving enough credit to the player for playing well IMO
Old 08-10-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sippio was playing vs back ups but lets not forget he was playing with back ups as well it works both ways.

I do think he is a long shot to make the team but he does have a chance I believe the Chiefs will keep 5 WR with 4 all ready locked up its going to be Price or Sip.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Bob Gretz comes to the defense of Sippio

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-footb...by-sippio.html
Old 08-14-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great story. I liked it.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Great story. I liked it.
one of the few Gretz articles I liked
Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see how Sippio makes the squad. Numbers. And frankly, I don't think he's as good as the Franklins and Prices of the Chiefs world. That's not to say that he should be discredited for catching TDs against lesser opponents. He doesn't choose who he plays against, but it's his job to do the best he can no matter who lines up across from him. So kudos to him for that.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I just don't see how Sippio makes the squad. Numbers. And frankly, I don't think he's as good as the Franklins and Prices of the Chiefs world. That's not to say that he should be discredited for catching TDs against lesser opponents. He doesn't choose who he plays against, but it's his job to do the best he can no matter who lines up across from him. So kudos to him for that.

I agree, and frankly if we were going the vetren route I would rather take a chance on Koren Robinson who could be an actual number 2 reciever as opposed to Sippio who will probably be a 4 at best. I hope he catches on somewhere this season, but I don't see him in our plans either ecspecially the way Price has played in the 2 preseason games.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I agree completely. I said a few posts ago that it doesn't look like he's got a spot to stick at. Franklin and Price have been pretty impressive this preseason so I look for them to be 3/4 guys. Sippio, right now, is looking at 5th at best. :/

I do like Sippio, but our WR corp is more talented than it's been in a long time.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I like Sip but Price is out playing him if I had to pick one right now it would be Price no question.