Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My top 10 questions entering the 2008 season.

1. Will the Patriots ever be near as good as they were last year? - As everyone know the Patriots were pretty damn good last year, only to slip up in the most important game of the season. They lost their biggest player on defense and a good receiver in Donte Stallworth. I think the Giants showed that the Patriots line wasn't as good as many believed, and that most of the reason Brady had so much time was because teams could only send a limited amount of rushers due to all of the targets Brady had. The defense is one year older, and the secondary has major concerns. I don't think the Patriots will have as good of a team next year, but might put up 14 wins still because of the schedule they play.

2. Can the Cowboys finally show up in the playoffs? - It seems there are not many offenses as talented as the Cowboys, they have a pro bowl QB, WR, RB, TE, and what seems to be a great line, yet they can't do it in the playoffs. Their defense should be interesting to watch this year with all of the playmakers on that side of the ball... The question is can Wade Phillips get them to shake their postseason problems?

3. Will someone please emerge in the NFC South? - It seems every year a different team shows up, one year its the Falcons, then the Panthers, then the Saints, then the Bucs...? I really think this year the Saints will put the 2007 woes behind them and win the division, I think we may see the Saints in the NFC championship game this year, but that's a long way down the road.

4. On a similar note, will Reggie Bush show up finally? - First everyone knocks the Texans for picking Mario Williams, then the Saints explode offensively, Reggie Bush puts up decent rookie numbers, then falls off the face of the planet in 2007 with below average numbers. Reggie has alot of pressure on him this year, because not too late into this season, if he isn't preforming you will be hearing bust talk.

5. Will Brett Favre really make that big of a difference? - This is intriguing to me, we got to see a Jets team that went 10-6 (I believe) completely collapse in 2007 behind poor QB play. The Jets really aren't that bad of a team, they have a talented bunch on offense with Thomas Jones, Cotchery, Coles, Faneca/D'Brick/Mangold as well as Favre now. The defense may be where the Jets struggle, but they have some young talented players including Vernon Gholston and Darelle Revis that could anchor their defense. I really think this team may be competing for a wild card spot late in the season, but will fall just short.

6. What is going to happen to the Green Bay Packers/NFC North? - Now that Brett Favre is gone the Packers will have a new face of the franchise every Sunday... I believe Aaron Rodgers will be fine, but the Vikings are right behind them and just a passing game away from being a force in the NFL. On a side note, I can't wait to see what happens with the Bears QB situation.

7. Will the Jags overtake the Colts? - In what in my opinion is the best division in football, the AFC South has a very good competition going on. The Jags are a very tough football team and are loaded with talent. They lack that one star target for David Garrard, though. The Colts are always good, but they had a key injury or so at the end of last year, if they can stay healthy I think they win, but that is a big key.

8. Will San Diego emerge as the best team in the AFC? - I have a feeling that the Chargers will go off this year. They have some legit targets for Rivers and some guy named Tomlinson that you may have heard of before. I love watching their offense play, and their defense is just as exciting. I have a feeling we will see the Chargers from a couple years ago. I think the Chargers may just finally make the Super Bowl this year, but we'll see.

9. Who will emerge in the AFC North? - This should be a good one to watch this year, the Steelers and Browns are both loaded talent wise. It seems like Pittsburgh always finds a way to beat Cleveland though no matter how down and out they seem. The Bengals could be a team to watch this year if they can figure out what went wrong and Ocho Cinco shuts the hell up and plays. I really think the division may come down to the last week of the season with Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh, 2008 should be fun for fans of the AFC North. On a side note, it will be interesting to see how things develop in Baltimore with their qb situation and aging defense, we will see!

10. Will Adrian Peterson repeat? - Last year was amazing for us football fans, to see what AD did last year was pretty nuts, it seemed like every Sunday that rolled around we were seeing some crazy broken tackle that went the distance for a Vikings TD. I hope that Peterson stays healthy because if he does we may be able to witness one of the best RB's ever with the line the Vikings have along with Petersons crazy talent.

Should be a fun year.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints are a good choice, but I think people over look the Tampa Bay Buccs in the south, Gruden is still an amazing coach and that defense has definitley reloaded.

If their running game can do even average this year they'll have a good team. It'll be a three way race between Tampa, Carolina and New Orleans and I don't think it'll be decided until the last week of the season barring outrageous injuries to a star from either team.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Saints will struggle again this year. Their defense, whilst improved, doesn't impress me enough to consider them the favourites for the division. Their secondary is garbage and I just don't trust the rest of their defense, DE's excluded, until they prove something on the field.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:56 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I think the Saints will struggle again this year. Their defense, whilst improved, doesn't impress me enough to consider them the favourites for the division. Their secondary is garbage and I just don't trust the rest of their defense, DE's excluded, until they prove something on the field.
Yeah, I think Tampa can keep the division locked up, but it will take these 3 things IMO...

1. ) Cadillac stays healthy

2. ) Garcia stays consistent

3.) Saints don't catch fire.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah, I think Tampa can keep the division locked up, but it will take these 3 things IMO...

Caddy has to get healthy first. He is running around again but hasn't competed in contact drills yet. I've got my fingers crossed though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt this was very ESPN-esque. It's up to you to decide whether that's good or bad.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddillac won't be relevant at all this year, surely it won't be a big enough impact to dictate whether or not they win games...TB will come down to defense, if they still have a top defense that keeps games close, Graham is a solid enough all around back to do damage on the ground...You have to give the Saints more credit though, two years ago their defense was worse, and their offense was worse, they have improved on both sides of the ball since that time, no reason for me to think they will be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:03 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Saints are a good choice, but I think people over look the Tampa Bay Buccs in the south, Gruden is still an amazing coach and that defense has definitley reloaded.

If their running game can do even average this year they'll have a good team. It'll be a three way race between Tampa, Carolina and New Orleans and I don't think it'll be decided until the last week of the season barring outrageous injuries to a star from either team.
I'm sorry but, how can you call gruden an "amazing coach"?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

It'll also take Carolina's offensive line failing to gel and Peppers having another down year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I'm sorry but, how can you call gruden an "amazing coach"?
Because I'm not a moron.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're pretty much spot on with the Jets. On defense don't forget young guys Kerry Rhodes and David Harris as potential anchors though as they may be the two leaders and neither has really entered their prime yet. Whether or not Calvin Pace was just a contract year guy is also intriguing, as is Kris Jenkins' switch into the 3-4.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the jets defense isn't as mediocre... they've have the pieces to put something good together, the questions have always been more on the offense imo.

but, really. will brett favre be able to dissect a new system quickly enough?

that's my question, he's been in the same system for x years.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I felt this was very ESPN-esque. It's up to you to decide whether that's good or bad.
ESPN-esque? Only one of the questions was about Favre, not 7.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Maybe because alot of the things im curious to see our main stream things that appear on ESPN.

If I wanted to be extra creative with the list, it wouldn't be the actual top 10 things I want to see with this season ;)

Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Saints new defense players pan out than they could be the best team in the NFC.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

That would require 2 rookies to have amazing seasons, and 2 bad corners to become all pros over night.