Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst out of these teams?
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 8.70%
New Orleans Saints 6 6.52%
Cleveland Browns 4 4.35%
Pittsburg Steelers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 17 18.48%
Green Bay Packers 14 15.22%
New York Giants 1 1.09%
Washington Redskins 38 41.30%
Minnesota Vikings 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Texans are a new team and I don't know about the Titans but right now there are probably only 5 skins fans who consistently post.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like only Eagles and Redskins fans voted against the Titans so you can't say it is all fanbases.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
How do the the Texans have a good defense? They were 23rd in the league last year in total defense. Yes Mario and Demeco will be very good but they were very good last year. Okoye won't make a big enough impact just yet to even get them close to a mid-range defense. There's no doubt that they'll be in the bottom half of the league again next year. And as you said the offense needs some work. So a below average defense + a bad offense = a good team according to you?
What part of "has a chance to be dominant" do you not understand? They've got excellent pieces with a year+ of experience in the system under their belts. If they gel right, they could be a very dangerous defense.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DLionALL
Rookie

DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.DLionALL could make a wolverine purr.

Hell I voted for the Redskins but there is no way the Texans are better then the Eagles. Just no.

Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)
DLionALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLionALL View Post
Hell I voted for the Redskins but there is no way the Texans are better then the Eagles. Just no.
If McNabb goes down AGAIN? You can't say that's unlikely.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not real upset with the 14th ranking but I want to say a couple things about the skins.

Just because you got a new HC, doesn't mean you're going to automatically do worse or start over. The one thing Snyder was smart about was continuity with this team. We kept a lot of the same players and personnel on st/d. We have a new d coach but Blache knows the system Williams taught so we wont have a problem there. Also Zorn is keeping the running game similar to what Gibbs had in place. Another thing is this offense was more talented than Gibbs allowed it to be. His second tenure you could clearly tell the game was past him and our red zone offense was awful. He handicapped this team more than he helped it. So with Zorn coming in I wouldn't be surprised if we made a wild-card spot again. We just have to stay healthy and hope some games go our way.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
What part of "has a chance to be dominant" do you not understand? They've got excellent pieces with a year+ of experience in the system under their belts. If they gel right, they could be a very dangerous defense.
haha. I just told you why they can't dominate. Mario and Demeco are the ONLY two players that will have an impact next year (Okoye is still like 21) but the thing is they both played very well last year, perhaps dominant on occasion. But they STILL had the 23rd ranked defense. Even if both Demeco and Mario make the pro-bowl and play amazing the Texans still won't have a dominant defense. Two players doesn't make a defense. And no **** if any team gels right they could be very dangerous.

Last edited by Eaglez.Fan : 08-10-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Vince Young prefers throwing to his TEs anyway, and he has a pretty big name there (Crumpler), not to mention a pretty good young TE that was already there. Their OL is nasty, and their run game is great. The Titans have a solid front 7, which will make up for a weaker secondary more often than not.

As for the Texans, their offense still needs work, I agree, but their defense has a chance to be dominant with Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, and DeMeco Ryans continuing to go in the right direction. Andre Johnson is a playmaker and can give that offense what they need to win a few games.

The Redskins are young on offense, and lack the passing game needed to take 8 out of the box for Portis, and their defense was solid last year...until they came up against a good QB.

Bottom line is, if the AFC South played the NFC East this year, I'd bet the AFC South would come away with more wins, which is why I don't understand how TWO AFC South teams came off the board before ONE NFC East team.
I'm not so sure, the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants are all built to take down teams like the Colts. They all have good run defenses to stop teams like the Jaguars, Titans and Texans. The NFC East has pass weapons to obliterate the pass defenses of the Texans, and Titans. They have strong o-lines to withstand Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Dwight Freeney, Albert Haynesworth, John Henderson etc. etc. The NFC East has 4 playoff teams in the division. while the NFC south has 2-3.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

If you switch the AFC South and NFC East, the AFC South would STILL put 3 teams in the playoffs, while the NFC East would struggle to put 2 teams in.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

The NFC East is the SEC of the NFL, they beat each other up too much.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you switch the AFC South and NFC East, the AFC South would STILL put 3 teams in the playoffs, while the NFC East would struggle to put 2 teams in.
You can't really say that this isn't the MLB. Teams play out of conference , yea the AFC is stronger but that doesn't mean NFC teams only beat up on NFC teams. It might be easier to make that last playoff spot but things can change. The NFC might be stronger this year you never know(although I doubt it).

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think something we all need to keep in mind with power rankings is that its about which team is the best team, and that doesn't necessarily reflect their final record or division status.

Would anyone argue that last season, the Jags and Titans (and obviously the Giants) were better teams than the Buccaneers? I would say they all were but who was the only one to get a home playoff game? Keep that kind of thing in mind.....

I honestly believe that if you stuck the Titans and Texans in the NFC East, they would still finish behind the Cowboys and Giants right around the same place as I think the Eagles and Redskins will finish. It's my estimation that the board is going with teams who have been traditionally stronger (skins and eagles) by giving them the benefit of the doubt and putting them ahead of younger, less proven teams in the Titans and Texans.

And if you AFC South supporters would just wait a few more selections, I think you'll see that the Colts and Jags still finish above most of the NFC East anyway.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Can we call this one? Redskins lose (or is it win?).
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
You can't really say that this isn't the MLB. Teams play out of conference , yea the AFC is stronger but that doesn't mean NFC teams only beat up on NFC teams. It might be easier to make that last playoff spot but things can change. The NFC might be stronger this year you never know(although I doubt it).
Moving the NFC East to the AFC would take the only dominant team from the NFC last year out of the conference, and putting the AFC South in its place would replace it with a 13 win team, a 12 win team, and a 10 win team from the AFC. Do you really think any of those teams would miss the playoffs in that NFC? I, for one, have my doubts that 2 NFC East teams would make the playoffs in an AFC where they replace the AFC South.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And if you AFC South supporters would just wait a few more selections, I think you'll see that the Colts and Jags still finish above most of the NFC East anyway.
Did you mean supporter? I'm the only one arguing this here, and I think that's half the problem.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

NFC East is better than the NFC South.

Cowboys = Colts
Giants < Jaguars
Eagles > Titans
Redskins > Texans

Honestly, the NFC East has 4/6 of the NFC's best teams. The only other teams that can stand up to NFC East teams are the Vikings and the Saints.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Who even cares the Skins lost I could make an argument that its a joke the Eagles have one vote and the skins have 18. The way the voting is going now the Eagles would be the #10 power ranking team which is funny to me. Everyone voted not just nfc east fans. I wouldn't vote for the giants or cowboys over the jags or colts just cause their in my division I hate those teams, I'm just going by who I think will come out on top.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Who even cares the Skins lost I could make an argument that its a joke the Eagles have one vote and the skins have 18. The way the voting is going now the Eagles would be the #10 power ranking team which is funny to me. Everyone voted not just nfc east fans. I wouldn't vote for the giants or cowboys over the jags or colts just cause their in my division I hate those teams, I'm just going by who I think will come out on top.
why is this funny?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
why is this funny?
The difference between the Skins and Eagles is minimal at best and we were the ones who came out on top last year and made it to the playoffs so for there to be almost a 200% difference is just funny to me. I think the Eagles will be better but top 10 I'm not so sure about.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
The difference between the Skins and Eagles is minimal at best and we were the ones who came out on top last year and made it to the playoffs so for there to be almost a 200% difference is just funny to me. I think the Eagles will be better but top 10 I'm not so sure about.
[homer] Why not top 10?

McNabb is looking like he back to his old self.
McNabb has never had a repitoure of weapons comprable to the ones he has now. The Eagles are 5-6 deep at WR. Kevin Curtis is coming off of a good season. Reggie Brown will hopefully improve. DeSean Jackson should add a deep threat to the offense. Jason Avant is a good route runner and is criminally under-used. Baskett has improved and will be a red-zone threat. The Fade route has been added to the playbook BTW.
McNabb when healthy never had a RB the stature of Brian Westbrook, he had the Staley who is good but pales in comparison to Westy. Booker will be lining up everywhere. LJ Smith is healthy and he will help the Red-zone offense. Brent Celek is the Best TE back-up the Eagles have has and Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel are good #3 options.
The Defense is top notch, top 3 in the NFL.
[/homer]

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 08-10-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why not top 10?

McNabb is looking like he back to his old self.
McNabb has never had a repitoure of weapons comprable to the ones he has now. The Eagles are 5-6 deep at WR. Kevin Curtis is coming off of a good season. Reggie Brown will hopefully improve. DeSean Jackson should add a deep threat to the offense. Jason Avant is a good route runner and is criminally under-used. Baskett has improved and will be a red-zone threat. The Fade route has been added to the playbook BTW.
McNabb when healthy never had a RB the stature of Brian Westbrook, he had the Staley who is good but pales in comparison to Westy. Booker will be lining up everywhere. LJ Smith is healthy and he will help the Red-zone offense. Brent Celek is the Best TE back-up the Eagles have has and Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel are good #3 options.
The Defense is top notch, top 3 in the NFL.
you forgot the: [homer] [/homer]....

Top 3 defense in the NFL...really?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The difference between every team in the NFL, especially the middle ones like we're voting for here, is not great enough to say one is definitely better than the other. So we're really splitting hairs here, most of the middle of the pack teams in the NFL could just as easily win only 5 or 6 games as they can 10-13 games.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
NFC East is better than the NFC South.
A true statement that has no relevance, bravo.

Quote:
Cowboys = Colts
That could easily be argued, but I'll let it go.

Quote:
Giants < Jaguars
True.

Quote:
Eagles > Titans
IF McNabb is healthy all year MAYBE, but I'd take the Titans over them right now.

Quote:
Redskins > Texans
I have a tough time buying that. If they had Sean Taylor, maybe, but playing for the memory of Taylor is the ONLY reason they finished last season above .500, they have a new coach which means a new system, which puts them at a disadvantage, and they were 9-7 in the NFC, which doesn't say much about them. The Texans were 8-8 in the AFC, are in their 3rd year under Gary Kubiak, have a better playmaker than anyone on the Redskins in Andre Johnson, they have young defensive studs that are only going to continue to improve, and they have the type of special teams that could win them a close game. If the Redsklins played the Texans 10 times, I think the Texans would win 6-7.

Quote:
Honestly, the NFC East has 4/6 of the NFC's best teams.
I disagree, but even if you believe that, that's more of an indictment of the NFC than it is a statement of the quality of the NFC East.

Quote:
The only other teams that can stand up to NFC East teams are the Vikings and the Saints.
Right, the Packers stand no chance just because they lost Favre and the Seahawks are no good. I may be defending my division, but at least I'm not extremely overexaggerating about it.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Umm.... The Seahawks are no good. 0 offensive weapons.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Umm.... The Seahawks are no good. 0 offensive weapons.
Well, I'm glad you agree with the rest of my post.

Quote: