Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst out of these teams?
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 8.70%
New Orleans Saints 6 6.52%
Cleveland Browns 4 4.35%
Pittsburg Steelers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 17 18.48%
Green Bay Packers 14 15.22%
New York Giants 1 1.09%
Washington Redskins 38 41.30%
Minnesota Vikings 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,130
Reputation: 14936
Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This argument is going nowhere quickly however you completely contradicted yourself Dam8610. You said that the NFC East is better than the AFC South however, you agreed that the Jags>Giants, and you said that the texans>skins, titans>eagles and you agreed with colts=cowboys but said u could argue that the colts were better.
__________________

Last edited by Eaglez.Fan : 08-10-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,750
Reputation: -1586
eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default

No, Eagles and Redskins are clearly better than the Titans and Texans. I did over-exaggerate a little but all the NFC East teams are in the top 7-8 Teams in the NFC.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
This argument is going nowhere quickly however you completely contradicted yourself Dam8610. You said that the NFC East is better than the AFC South however, you agreed that the Jags>Giants, and you said that the texans>skins, titans>eagles and you agreed with colts=cowboys but said u could argue that the colts were better.
I said the AFC South is better, that's been my whole point the entire time. My argument makes more sense now, doesn't it? I said I could argue that the Colts are better than the Cowboys but I wouldn't because A) I didn't need to to make my point, and B) I don't want the 50 billion Cowboy fans on this site in this argument as well.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
No, Eagles and Redskins are clearly better than the Titans and Texans. I did over-exaggerate a little but all the NFC East teams are in the top 7-8 Teams in the NFC.
How are the Redskins and Eagles "clearly" better than the Titans and Texans? Considering the Titans and Texans went 10-6 and 8-8 respectively in the AFC and the Redskins and Eagles went 9-7 and 8-8 respectively in the NFC, I don't see your point there at all. It's possible that the Eagles could be better than they were last year with a healthy McNabb, but at the same time, it's possible the Texans could be better this year with a healthy and developing Schaub. Even if the NFC East houses 4 of the top 8 teams in the NFC, that speaks VOLUMES more about the NFC than it does about the NFC East.

Oh, and to the person who said the NFC East is like the SEC because they beat up on each other, so does the AFC South, but then they have to face teams like the Patriots, Chargers, and Steelers outside their division.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Tampa worse than Minnesota and Washington?

Epic fail....
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,299
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Tampa worse than Minnesota and Washington?

Epic fail....
There really isn't much of a difference. All three are teams that are borderline playoff contendors that have been one and done the last few years. Of the three I think the Vikings clearly have the biggest upside. Washington and Tampa are practically the same team IMO.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 35,827
Reputation: 3116203
BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Tampa worse than Minnesota and Washington?

Epic fail....
I outlined in the previous one why I thought Tampa should be behind Washington at least....and Minnesota is a very strong team imo with the exception of the QB spot.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Tampa worse than the Eagles is an epic fail imo
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There really isn't much of a difference. All three are teams that are borderline playoff contendors that have been one and done the last few years. Of the three I think the Vikings clearly have the biggest upside. Washington and Tampa are practically the same team IMO.
Yeah, you're right. They're close and there's not much of a difference, but if this poll was perfect we would be 13 not 15.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,750
Reputation: -1586
eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Tampa worse than the Eagles is an epic fail imo
your an epic fail IMO.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

what bugs me is that the iggles are in no way a top 13 team in the league. that's pretty ridiculous.

but then again, the Giants were like 25 in NFLDCpreseason rankings last year ;)

that's when Ricky Bobby went nuts, and would've made lots of people eat crow with his sig...
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,750
Reputation: -1586
eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default

Reading through alot of blogs, predictions etc. Etc, I realize that 99.9% of people don't think the Eagles are any good. I saw one where the Eagles lose their opener to RAMS yes, thats right folks the RAMS. The Eagles are the modern kings of the NFC, they're always in the playoff hunt the past 10 years, but I'll readily admit that we're probably not the best team in our division, but the Eagles are no joke, the Eagles aren't the pushover team that some make them out to be.

The only team that I think is better than the Eagles in the division are the Cowboys (as much as it pains me to say that). McNabb has looked good in TC so far and is developing chemistry with DeSean Jackson. For the 1st time in a long time the Eagles have a completely healthy McNabb in camp and when McNabb isn't injured, he can play with the best of 'em.

Westbrook is a Top talent in the NFL and he is an ideal fit for a WCO. People think that he is fragile and that when he goes down the Eagles are done for. Not True, Lorenzo Booker is Westbrook Jr. And Corell Buckhalter is more than servicable as a back-up.

People say, oh, do the Eagles even have any WR? Umm... Yes and while they aren't the greatest they are more than servicable. Kevin Curtis is a nice fit in a WCO and while Reggie Brown hasn't developed into that #1 WR that he was supposed to be he is still a solid #2. The Eagles criminally underuse Jason Avant. DeSean is the star of pre-vet. TC. So, yes the Eagles to have WRs.

LJ Smith is a one trick pony but he is a good one trick pony. He has only been a half-step behind Shockey statistically. There is also really good depth at TE in Celek, Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel.

OTs are getting older but that doesn't mean they're getting worse. They are still very good players. The Eagles have one of the premier G in the NFL in Shawn Andrews. Todd Herramens and Jammaal Jackson are good starters. Depth is also very good with the exception of LT.


The DEs are arguably better than the Giants. The Eagles are set a DE and could go into the season carrying 6 on the roster. Trent Cole is a rising star and is already a pro-bowl player. Victor Abiamiri has alot of potential on the left side. Jaqua Thomas is a top-notch back-up, and Chris Clemons is an ideal situational pass rusher. Darren Howard can't be ruled out, he has re-invented himself this offseason. Oh, and lets not forget Eagles 3rd round choice Bryan Smith.

The Eagles are one of the best at DT in the NFL and the best part is that they are all young. Broderick Bunkley could develop into an all-pro player at RDT and Mike Patterson is a brick-wall at DT he racks up a bunch of tackles and is a future pro-bowler. Then you throw Trevor Laws in there, and the Eagles have one of the best DT rotations.

While largely unproven the LBers look promising. Stewart Bradley has all the makings of a pro-bowler. Omar Gaither is a playmaker at WLB. Chris Gocong has quitely developed in to a viable option at SLB. Depth is questionable to say the least. If everything goes right the Eagles could have the best front 7 in the NFL.

The Secondary is top-class with 4 star players in the backfield. Asante Samuel is a playmaker, Sheldon Brown is physical and Lito is shut down when healthy. Brian Dawkins may be getting older but he still plays with passion, heart and wreckless abandon. SS is questionable but everything can't be perfect can it? Sean Considine is a smart player who is good while on the field but he can't seem to stay on the field due to injury. Quintin Mikell is liability in Pass Coverage but is good against the run.

I'm done defending the Eagles because you are all convinced, but let me tell you, the Eagles will prove themsleves this season. Nothing I can say will convinve you all so I'll just wait and let the Eagles prove themselves. Don't sleep on the Eagles, they are a contender.

Last edited by eaglesfan_45 : 08-10-2008 at 08:25 PM.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
Reading through alot of blogs, predictions etc. Etc, I realize that 99.9% of people don't think the Eagles are any good. I saw one where the Eagles lose their opener to RAMS yes, thats right folks the RAMS. The Eagles are the modern kings of the NFC, they're always in the playoff hunt the past 10 years, but I'll readily admit that we're probably not the best team in our division, but the Eagles are no joke, the Eagles aren't the pushover team that some make them out to be.

The only team that I think is better than the Eagles in the division are the Cowboys (as much as it pains me to say that). McNabb has looked good in TC so far and is developing chemistry with DeSean Jackson. For the 1st time in a long time the Eagles have a completely healthy McNabb in camp and when McNabb isn't injured, he can play with the best of 'em.

Westbrook is a Top talent in the NFL and he is an ideal fit for a WCO. People think that he is fragile and that when he goes down the Eagles are done for. Not True, Lorenzo Booker is Westbrook Jr. And Corell Buckhalter is more than servicable as a back-up.

People say, oh, do the Eagles even have any WR? Umm... Yes and while they aren't the greatest they are more than servicable. Kevin Curtis is a nice fit in a WCO and while Reggie Brown hasn't developed into that #1 WR that he was supposed to be he is still a solid #2. The Eagles criminally underuse Jason Avant. DeSean is the star of pre-vet. TC. So, yes the Eagles to have WRs.

LJ Smith is a one trick pony but he is a good one trick pony. He has only been a half-step behind Shockey statistically. There is also really good depth at TE in Celek, Kris Wilson and Matt Schoebel.

OTs are getting older but that doesn't mean they're getting worse. They are still very good players. The Eagles have one of the premier G in the NFL in Shawn Andrews. Todd Herramens and Jammaal Jackson are good starters. Depth is also very good with the exception of LT.


The DEs are arguably better than the Giants. The Eagles are set a DE and could go into the season carrying 6 on the roster. Trent Cole is a rising star and is already a pro-bowl player. Victor Abiamiri has alot of potential on the left side. Jaqua Thomas is a top-notch back-up, and Chris Clemons is an ideal situational pass rusher. Darren Howard can't be ruled out, he has re-invented himself this offseason. Oh, and lets not forget Eagles 3rd round choice Bryan Smith.

The Eagles are one of the best at DT in the NFL and the best part is that they are all young. Broderick Bunkley could develop into an all-pro player at RDT and Mike Patterson is a brick-wall at DT he racks up a bunch of tackles and is a future pro-bowler. Then you throw Trevor Laws in there, and the Eagles have one of the best DT rotations.

While largely unproven the LBers look promising. Stewart Bradley has all the makings of a pro-bowler. Omar Gaither is a playmaker at WLB. Chris Gocong has quitely developed in to a viable option at SLB. Depth is questionable to say the least. If everything goes right the Eagles could have the best front 7 in the NFL.

The Secondary is top-class with 4 star players in the backfield. Asante Samuel is a playmaker, Sheldon Brown is physical and Lito is shut down when healthy. Brian Dawkins may be getting older but he still plays with passion, heart and wreckless abandon. SS is questionable but everything can't be perfect can it? Sean Considine is a smart player who is good while on the field but he can't seem to stay on the field due to injury. Quintin Mikell is liability in Pass Coverage but is good against the run.

I'm done defending the Eagles because you are all convinced, but let me tell you, the Eagles will prove themsleves this season. Nothing I can say will convinve you all so I'll just wait and let the Eagles prove themselves. Don't sleep on the Eagles, they are a contender.
I don't think you could've put the word "Eagles" in that post any more than you did, but even after typing all of that, you've failed to convince me that if McNabb goes down again, the Eagles will be able to beat a decent team. That is why I'm HIGHLY skeptical of them.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I outlined in the previous one why I thought Tampa should be behind Washington at least....and Minnesota is a very strong team imo with the exception of the QB spot.
Well sorry if I show up to the part a bit late, but I don't care to look up the post as I saw us play Washington last year and saw them play this week in the preseason. Simply put, their defense is average, and they have a million offensive weapons which I think is a disadvantage when Jim Zorn is running the offense. They're probably the worst team in the division, but I understand there is extreme NFC East bias on these boards so no one will vote for the Skins, Eagles or Giants. As a recap, we beat them last year, we beat them the time before that when we played in the regular season, and we lost a ridiculous one to them in the playoffs that same year (let's not go there). They haven't improved from last year I don't think, so I don't see where people get the idea that they're better than us when we beat them last year and we have improved.

Minnesota a strong team? I love their defensive line, and obviously they have a great ground game, but they still can't stop the pass and their QBs are worthless (this coming from a Jackson supporter). Add in the durability questions of Peterson, and you have a mediocre NFC team (like I said, just a small step below us).

So this is my last post on the matter because as bearsfan aptly pointed out, the spread between us and WASH/MINN is not worth arguing. I believe we are unquestionably better, but not by much. That doesn't really make sense, but it does, so enough of me confusing everyone including myself.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Eagles are NOTa contender. They'll be lucky to finish 3rd this year in the NFC East. AND is SJax's hold out lasts into the regular season, the Eagles WILL lose to the Rams. Book it.

and of course, the defending Super Bowl champs who's only key loss is Strahan, aren't better than the Eagles, who finsished 8-8, and last in the division...

and no, you're DE's AREN'T better than the Giants, that's' just silly.

Do you honestly believe everything you post? Like really? Are there also unicorns in your room as you post?

another thing: 12 teams make the playoffs, correct?(yes). if the Eagles are 13th, that means they'd be te best team not in the playoffs. And yes, i know the old: "don't focus on the past" will come up, but the upper teams haven't changed THAT much, and neither hae the eagles
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

etk. NFC east bias? I'm more likely to vote for the iggles or skins because they're in the NFC East. And surely you can't think the Bucs are better than the Giants...
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,750
Reputation: -1586
eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
The Eagles are NOTa contender. They'll be lucky to finish 3rd this year in the NFC East. AND is SJax's hold out lasts into the regular season, the Eagles WILL lose to the Rams. Book it.

and of course, the defending Super Bowl champs who's only key loss is Strahan, aren't better than the Eagles, who finsished 8-8, and last in the division...

and no, you're DE's AREN'T better than the Giants, that's' just silly.

Do you honestly believe everything you post? Like really? Are there also unicorns in your room as you post?

another thing: 12 teams make the playoffs, correct?(yes). if the Eagles are 13th, that means they'd be te best team not in the playoffs. And yes, i know the old: "don't focus on the past" will come up, but the upper teams haven't changed THAT much, and neither hae the eagles
i'd be willing to bet you anything that the Eagles go further than the Giants.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
i'd be willing to bet you anything that the Eagles go further than the Giants.
HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA i'd bet my weiner and entire love on Rutgers on it. I'M THAT ******* SURE OF IT!

thanks for the laugh, i needed it
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
etk. NFC east bias? I'm more likely to vote for the iggles or skins because they're in the NFC East. And surely you can't think the Bucs are better than the Giants...
This forum is filled with NFC East fans, hence NFC East bias. If all the NFC East fans voted for other teams from the division, that would be the case, but I doubt that happens.

Bucs better than the Giants? No, but the Giants are overrated. It's hard to judge them because they're an awful team on paper but manage to win, especially on the road. It's hard to doubt them this year with Kenny Phillips taking Butler's place, though. Kenny is a beast and Butler sucks.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

please leave these boards if that happens
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,750
Reputation: -1586
eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA i'd bet my weiner and entire love on Rutgers on it. I'M THAT ******* SURE OF IT!

thanks for the laugh, i needed it
I wasn't kidding, I doubt the Giants even make the playoffs.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,130
Reputation: 14936
Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'd probably bet on the Giants doing better than the eagles. And I'm happy with a top 13 placing in this pole. But some of you guys are vastly underrating the eagles. A torn ACl takes a year and a half to recover from, and since McNabb came back at week 14 the eagles were a very good team. Going 3-1. The only lose coming to the Giants, and during that amazing run from the giants (during that urn the giants were the best team in football). The eagles beat the Cowboys, Saints and Bills who are all respectable teams. And we also los to the Pats by 3 points with AJ Feeley at QB in week 12. If McNabb stays healthy the eagles are a top 10 team, if not we are a bottom 10 team. So anything in the middle is fine for a pre-season ranking.

edit- lmao and some fool neg reps me for saying the eagles are better then his texans. what a joke.
__________________
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
I wasn't kidding, I doubt the Giants even make the playoffs.
that's the saddest part. tell you're unicorn and the tooth fairy I say hi.

"Kids, this brings me to my next lesson: don't smoke crack"
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,292
Reputation: 1530178
Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Can we all just agree the Vikings are the best team in the NFL and move on?
__________________
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,674
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
This forum is filled with NFC East fans, hence NFC East bias. If all the NFC East fans voted for other teams from the division, that would be the case, but I doubt that happens.

Bucs better than the Giants? No, but the Giants are overrated. It's hard to judge them because they're an awful team on paper but manage to win, especially on the road. It's hard to doubt them this year with Kenny Phillips taking Butler's place, though. Kenny is a beast and Butler sucks.
Awful on paper? come on now, this is just getting ridiculous.

Young QB who is lets say top 12 or so, easily top 15
-Tough RB trio
- good FB with sweet name
- Very solid WR corp with Plax being top 10(arguably)
- Good recieving, yet unproven TE. the biggest thing with him: he's huge and he's quiet. Nice plus there
- most under-rated OL in football. Tough, gritty, VERY united. Superb run blocking unit led by arguably top 10 RG in Snee
- Osi.
- Tuck's got loads of potential, and Tollefson ******* rules
- our DT's are average at best, but Freddy Robbins is pretty good actually. and funny when he runs
- top 10(perhaps 5) MLB in Pierce(who's lost his man handles!)
- below average OLB's, I'll give you that, but Kiwi will turn heads this year, just watch. Hungry groups competing for the other spot, with vet Clark in the lead. They'll stay hungry and hopefully play hard to keep the spot
- Aaron Ross leads a DEEP CB group with Madison being virtually another coach.
-Kenny Phillips
- Sammy Knight pushing James Butler
-Jeff Feagles
- Hixon, who's turning heads at camp.

are we stacked? not at all. but awful on paper? come on now...
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.