Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst out of these teams?
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 8.70%
New Orleans Saints 6 6.52%
Cleveland Browns 4 4.35%
Pittsburg Steelers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 17 18.48%
Green Bay Packers 14 15.22%
New York Giants 1 1.09%
Washington Redskins 38 41.30%
Minnesota Vikings 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Can we all just agree the Vikings are the best team in the NFL and move on?
0 Rutgers players, overpaying Visthante Shiancoe AND T-Jack? ehhh

but for you Gonzo, top 5!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awful's an over-exaggeration, but mediocre still holds true. I know you're a Giants fan so those names ring bells, but I'm not all that impressed. The words "above-average" and "pretty good" come up often when I look at that roster. It all clicks for the Giants, but as individuals those players aren't ones I covet all that much.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning had a good playoff series, but that doesn't hide the fact that he's been a very mediocre quarterback at best in his career.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Eli Manning had a good playoff series, but that doesn't hide the fact that he's been a very mediocre quarterback at best in his career.
EXACTLY! Eli is no where near the QB many make him out to be!
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I'm not agreeing with you either, I think you're a huge homer. It's not 2004 anymore, the Eagles aren't even close to the class of the NFC.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
EXACTLY! Eli is no where near the QB many make him out to be!
But everyone knows the Super Bowl defines your success as a quarterback, with the exception of Brett Favre. Trent Dilfer=god at one point too.

EDIT: is there anyone who doesn't think he's a huge homer? There's no need for that comment, it's to be assumed that you think he's a homer.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
0 Rutgers players, overpaying Visthante Shiancoe AND T-Jack? ehhh

but for you Gonzo, top 5!
If our first preseason game indication Shiancoe is ever worse then I thought he was and I think he is the worst starting TE in the NFL by a good bit. Holy hell is he a piece of ****.

As for T-Jack the man is godly. GODLY. Look for him to break Brady's TD record this year.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If our first preseason game indication Shiancoe is ever worse then I thought he was and I think he is the worst starting TE in the NFL by a good bit. Holy hell is he a piece of ****.

As for T-Jack the man is godly. GODLY. Look for him to break Brady's TD record this year.
Do INTs returned the other way count towards that? If so....he has a good chance, lol....jk man

But I am glad the Vikes have him and not say, Brett Favre. He is the one thing that allows the Bears, as bad as they are right now, to still have a chance in that division..... The Vikes will live or die this year by "T-Jack." I think things will have to get really bad for them to pull him too as he is Childress' project. Backing out on him would basically be admitting failure...not good.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
that's the saddest part. tell you're unicorn and the tooth fairy I say hi.

"Kids, this brings me to my next lesson: don't smoke crack"
Yeah and when the Giants play the Eagles you'll be telling Eli to get off of his ass. He not that good, I've given reasons before. But, since it fails to register in your brain I'll post it yet again:

Eli is a mediocre QB who hit a hot streak at a good time last year. Eli has NEVER finished a season with a QB rating of 80 or higher. He's never completed a season with a completion percentage better than 57.7%. He has thrown 55 INTs in 3 Years of starting thats an average of 18.3 INTs a year as compared to his draft mates Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger:
  • Philip Rivers has thrown 24 INTs in 2 years of starting, thats an average of 12 INTs a year. Has a career completion percentage of 60.8%.
  • Big Ben has thrown 54 INTs in 4 years of starting, thats an average of 13.5 INTs a year, and thats even counting his horrid 2006 season with 23 INTs. He has a career completion percentage of 63.2%.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think something we all need to keep in mind with power rankings is that its about which team is the best team, and that doesn't necessarily reflect their final record or division status.

Would anyone argue that last season, the Jags and Titans (and obviously the Giants) were better teams than the Buccaneers? I would say they all were but who was the only one to get a home playoff game? Keep that kind of thing in mind.....
These are power rankings, not standings projections. You vote for which team you think is the worst, not which will have the worst record.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will still hold out hope that Jackson's great performance in the Vikings first preseason game is a sign of things to come. Then again I have said that before and been way off. T-Jack is kind of like Vince Young, when he plays his team always seems to win regardless of how bad he plays. Then again I hate Childress as a coach and I think it is crucial to have a great TE for a guy like Jackson, something we for sure do not have. The division is for sure up for grabs but I stand by my statement that we will win it handily.

I think the division will end up with 1. Vikings 2. Bears 3. Packers. 4. Lions
Old 08-10-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Can we move on to #13 now?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
These are power rankings, not standings projections. You vote for which team you think is the worst, not which will have the worst record.
Isn't that exactly what I said in there with the whole bit about "its about which team is the best team, and that doesn't necessarily reflect their final record or division status."
Old 08-10-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Now I get why there are no NFC East teams off the board and 2 AFC South teams off the board. Fanbases.
That just clicked, did it? :)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Philly is worse than Washington

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Oh god, here we go again-

why do you think that?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
That just clicked, did it? :)
Haha, it did as I was arguing with them. There's about 5-10 total active posters that are AFC South fans, compared to about 50 active NFC East fans.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys, guess what? I KNOW ELI IS A MEDIOCRE QB! I know he's average/mediocre.

but guess what, he won't be the giants "downfall". he hasn't hurt us yet bringing us to 3 straight playoff appearances and a Super Bowl ring, so there's that
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

why do you think that?
Who cares thats what he thinks. He cant prove the skins will be better than the eagles just like you cant prove the eagles will be better than the skins.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

why do you think that?
The Redskins have a very strong front 7 and a secondary that performs above their given talent. The Skins offense has a new dynamic with Jim Zorn as coach and when you factor in a Portis/Betts combo, they can score with the best of them.

I'm not saying the Eagles are a bad team, but they have more holes/question marks than the Skins do. Samuel was a big time signing, but will he fit in the Eagles system? A team without a true #1 WR and will their O-line hold up?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guys, guess what? I KNOW ELI IS A MEDIOCRE QB! I know he's average/mediocre.

but guess what, he won't be the giants "downfall". he hasn't hurt us yet bringing us to 3 straight playoff appearances and a Super Bowl ring, so there's that
Well, if he continues his play from the end of last season, that's definitely going to change.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Well, if he continues his play from the end of last season, that's definitely going to change.
I feel the same way, he could easily turn into a very good QB. I have hope for him, the first 6-8 games or so this season will be very telling

but he could win MVP and guys likee ef45 would be like: Eli sucks, he's mediocre and every young player on the eagles is a star in the making
Quote:
Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

If Eli would win MVP, then I would not say he sucks, if he was good enough to win NFL MVP then I would not bash him.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Eli as the MVP? ELI?

It is all about the man who puts all other DE's to shame.

TRENT COLE 4 MVPZ!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Trent Cole 4 Mvpz!!!
Thats just stupid