Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst out of these teams?
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0%
Philadelphia Eagles 8 8.70%
New Orleans Saints 6 6.52%
Cleveland Browns 4 4.35%
Pittsburg Steelers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 17 18.48%
Green Bay Packers 14 15.22%
New York Giants 1 1.09%
Washington Redskins 38 41.30%
Minnesota Vikings 4 4.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
If Eli would win MVP, then I would not say he sucks, if he was good enough to win NFL MVP then I would not bash him.
Didn't he win Super Bowl MVP?

just wondering...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So did Larry Brown.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Dexter Jackson

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So did Larry Brown.
Dexter Jackson is another notable

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Didn't he win Super Bowl MVP?

just wondering...
thats one game, not a whole season. He is mediocre, he went on a run during the playoffs and if he can continue playing at that pace, I've got no problem saying I was wrong, but until then it was just a hot streak.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So did Larry Brown.
Beat me to it, he was probably the most undeserving ever thanks to Neil O Donnel, he took his money soon after and was never heard of again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are the Packers still around? They have a tough schedule and lost a HOF QB, but its really no shock at all cuz the Packer fans are the biggest homers.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

'cause Packers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seahawks
Old 08-10-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Seattle. Just not a talented team. hey dont have very much on offense or defense. They'll finish with a better record than some of these teams, but for power rankings, this is where they belong.

BTW, Pittsburgh has an h on the end.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Seattle not have much on defense? One of the best pass rushes in the NFL and they were maybe the best team in the NFC for a stretch of the season last year in between week 9 and the playoffs. They have Tatupu, Peterson, Hill as one of the best LB units in the game plus Kerney, Tapp, and Jackson at DE with Trufant as one of the best young CBs in the game. Very good defense. Offensive weapons are limited but they have a good enough system to score 20 ppg. Seattle is guaranteed to win at least 10 games this year.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
How does Seattle not have much on defense? One of the best pass rushes in the NFL and they were maybe the best team in the NFC for a stretch of the season last year in between week 9 and the playoffs. They have Tatupu, Peterson, Hill as one of the best LB units in the game plus Kerney, Tapp, and Jackson at DE with Trufant as one of the best young CBs in the game. Very good defense. Offensive weapons are limited but they have a good enough system to score 20 ppg. Seattle is guaranteed to win at least 10 games this year.
I have no clue how you can say they are guaranteed to win 10 games. Seriously, how the hell can you say that? No team is guaranteed to in 10 games and I am including teams that are way better than the Seahawks.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee you they win at least 10. They play in a $&*# division and are definitely a way way way way better team than I've heard given credit for around here.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guarantee you they win at least 10. They play in a $&*# division and are definitely a way way way way better team than I've heard given credit for around here.
I just don't understand how you can guarantee a team wins 10 games in a league as unpredictable the NFL. Sure they will benefit from playing in probably the worst division in football but anything can happen.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
10 games? The offense is terrible. Julius Jones can't even pass Maurice Morris on the depth chart, TJ Duckett isn't that good and neither is Maurice Morris. The top 2 targets are Bobby Engram who should retire any time now and the has been in Nate Burelson. Will Heller is the top TE? Who is Will Heller? John Carlson will probably end up staring at TE and he is a rookie and rookie TEs don't usually have success in the NFL. The Defense is top-notch in the NFL. All this sounds a bit similar to the Bears doesn't it?

I can see a team finally overtaking them in the division. I don't think it will be the 49ers. The Rams have a shot but I doubt it. The Cardinals are the most likely to take 1st place over the Seahawks.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Their offense wasn't that great last year when they had Shaun Alexander hauling dead weight, but it was still solid and efficient. This year they'll have a better running game and as long as they have Matt Hasselbeck in that system they'll put up passing yards. All their backs are good pass catchers too, it doesn't matter who their WRs are, they always produce. Engram, Burleson, and Branch when he gets back is really a little above average compared to some of their past WR corps of the Hasselbeck era. They have a great defense though, that will be the biggest reason why they run away with the NFCWest.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion Branch! Deion Branch! Seahawks will score points. Maurice Morris can actually play, so what if Julius Jones is behind him. Thats good.

Edit- My Deion Branch chant was directed towards eaglesfan, didnt' want to quote that whole thing of his, but he forgot about him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
They haven't improved from last year I don't think, so I don't see where people get the idea that they're better than us when we beat them last year and we have improved.
Great post, etk. I totally agree. Here, I'd like to add that Bruce Gradkowski was the QB for the Bucs when they beat the Redskins. Bruce Gradkowski ! He can't even thow a ten yard pass.

Quote:
10 games? The offense is terrible. Julius Jones can't even pass Maurice Morris on the depth chart, TJ Duckett isn't that good and neither is Maurice Morris.
They're still better than Shaun Alexander. The Seahawks are going to win the NFC West pretty easily, once again. As long as Walter Jones and/or Matt Hasselbeck are there, their offense will be okay. Plus, they have an excellent defense and play in one of the worst division, if not the worst.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Deion Branch! Deion Branch! Seahawks will score points. Maurice Morris can actually play, so what if Julius Jones is behind him. Thats good.

Edit- My Deion Branch chant was directed towards eaglesfan, didnt' want to quote that whole thing of his, but he forgot about him.
Deion Branch is out for the year ;)
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Seahawks are worse than a couple teams left on this list.

And some people on this board should really pull the poll out of their asses because I cam into this thread with 1200 rep now I'm at 600. Funny people these days.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Skins. I really think they probably should have gone sooner, but I definitely could see them up here too. This is really going to be tough from now on.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats cause ur arguments are really really bad

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
thats cause ur arguments are really really bad
The ONLY thing I argued is that the Texans D won't be dominant this year. There's nothing really really bad about that prediction bud.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Are you kidding me. It's not even close. C'mon. The Eagles and Redskins blow away the Texans and are both better than the Titans. And clearly nfldc agrees with me. (the vote)
This was really ignorant and wrong at the same time

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest reason why they'll win the NFC West isnt anything on the Seahawks. Its the 3 other teams in the division.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

skins got it locked, next.