Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Now who do we take at #2?

With Joe Thomas no longer a viable option (after acquiring Foster), who will we take at #2?

Adrian Peterson is also completely out of the picture with the acquisition of Tatum Bell.

Do we take Gaines Adams? I still see it as a bit of a reach, and a bit of a risk. He reminds me of Kalimba enough to make me uneasy.

Do we draft Calvin Johnson? If we sign Curtis as expected, then it is a overwhelming NO, but if we somehow do not sign him, I think it makes a ton of sense to get the consensus, undisputed #1 player this year.

Do we trade down? Well we surely will try.

And if we do trade down, who do we target? Adams, Anderson, or perhaps . . . LaRon Landry?

Yes folks, I think Landry would be a tremendous pick. We lost our best playmaking DB in Bly. What better way to replace him then by bringing in a top notch playmaking safety? Landry is worthy of a top ten pick after an impressive combine. And we could save money by cutting Kennedy. Bullocks and Landry = Excellent

Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
mgoblue
Rookie

mgoblue hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe in taking the BPA(within reason) and that is without a doubt Calvin Johnson, so thats who imo the Lions should go with.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys will either take Brady Quinn or move Foster to right guard and still take Joe Thomas as your top 2 options. Adams is not gonna go that high, and a trade down is not that likely because it's really hard to find a suitor for that high of a pick
Old 03-01-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Lions will go Gaines Adams now.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They need to throw an insane amount of money at some corners, either in FA or through the draft.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they'll go DE it seems like they're going to do their best to move down but if not they're going to have to reach for a player
Old 03-01-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
With Joe Thomas no longer a viable option (after acquiring Foster), who will we take at #2?

Adrian Peterson is also completely out of the picture with the acquisition of Tatum Bell.

Do we take Gaines Adams? I still see it as a bit of a reach, and a bit of a risk. He reminds me of Kalimba enough to make me uneasy.

Do we draft Calvin Johnson? If we sign Curtis as expected, then it is a overwhelming NO, but if we somehow do not sign him, I think it makes a ton of sense to get the consensus, undisputed #1 player this year.

Do we trade down? Well we surely will try.

And if we do trade down, who do we target? Adams, Anderson, or perhaps . . . LaRon Landry?

Yes folks, I think Landry would be a tremendous pick. We lost our best playmaking DB in Bly. What better way to replace him then by bringing in a top notch playmaking safety? Landry is worthy of a top ten pick after an impressive combine. And we could save money by cutting Kennedy. Bullocks and Landry = Excellent

Thoughts?
To this point, I never considered taking Landry in the draft. Now, it sounds like an outstanding idea. Bullocks and Landry would be sick... and, trade Kennedy?

I think that, after this trade, the Lions WILL trade down... 99.99999999% positive. That puts us in a great position for the draft.

If we, for whatever reason, cannot trade down, I think GAdams is the pick. Hands down. Marinelli wants him as another piece to building his defense.

If we trade down far enough, Willis will become the pick.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

I now want Gaines Adams. Without corners, they need a pass rusher.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im really hoping revis falls to the second or to a late first where we could maybe trade up and take him we need to bring in some young CBs who have potentail to be great starters
Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson, a CB in round two and a QB/linebacker/OT in round three.

At least the RB situation is safe, since we also got Tatum Bell in that trade.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't think they'll take Calvin Johnson, because that means Roy will leave us the first chance he gets to be the top receiver on another team.. Though Roy does seem to have mental lapses.. i'm not sure how he is in the locker room.. The Team might prefer the Quiet WR over the Outspoken guy.. Maybe they will take CJ after all.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

i'd like them to build offense in the draft i'd love to take CJ but id love to trade down get another second and get two or three new defensive starters
Old 03-01-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

maybe the Lions are in place to take Quinn now? Also I wouldnt hate on them taking CJ even with there past WR draft problems.

Maybe a trade down?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

id rather CJ than kitna but CJ has a huge chance to piss off roy and ruin the chemistry that marinelli is trying to build
Old 03-01-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

draft quinn and put him at linebacker

or...
i'm great with gaines

fine with quinn

great with landry-doesn't even matter where we draft him, i don't care if we pay him #2 money he'll be worth it

fine with cj

completely against thomas now unless immediate trade
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't taking anyone at #2....

We better trade down. This could be very very good.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Do you guys really think Tatum Bell is good?

It's not hard to be good running in Denver, he won't be as good as we was in Denver here in Detroit.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Do you guys really think Tatum Bell is good?

It's not hard to be good running in Denver, he won't be as good as we was in Denver here in Detroit.
Come on... you can't honestly say that he "won't be as good as he was in Denver". He could very easily thrive and excel here, considering how dominant the passing offense will be (with Curtis and a year in the system). Kitna - Curtis - RWilliams is sick, and Bell can only thrive from it (and from an improved OLine).

Don't write him off yet... give him a chance to actually put the uniform on.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he'll be good here.. He isn't going to be the feature back and when Kevin Jones comes back, they'll be a great duo.. Tatum has had his fumbling problems though.. he should be a nice addition.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

yeah him KJ and calhoun is a skilled group
Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Come on... you can't honestly say that he "won't be as good as he was in Denver". He could very easily thrive and excel here, considering how dominant the passing offense will be (with Curtis and a year in the system). Kitna - Curtis - RWilliams is sick, and Bell can only thrive from it (and from an improved OLine).

I find it hard to describe any offense as "sick" when Kitna is the starting QB.
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post

Man, I thought you might be one to side with me on this....

Firstly, we thought the WR core was going to be awesome when we had Joey, Mike Williams, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers....

Secondly, have you seen how much better Denver is, at every position than the Lions?

Thirdly, Curtis is not in the system yet.

Fourth, The offensive line is not improved with one new player.

I rest my case.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

OK look at this intelligently... the Broncos are a good organization.. they would not give you a Draft pick... Bell... and Foster for just Bly.. they know something that you don't... I think Bell and the Pick is a great pick up I think Foster was a toss in because he looks good on paper.. He will fill in the OL holes you have an help to improve your running game but I think you still need to go after Thomas, he is not a flash pick but he could be a mainstay for the next decade on your line...just think if you had a line when Barry was still dancing around in the backfield ? Yes Defense is needed in your division but so is a STRONG running game. Plus he is a Wisconsin guy.. close to home its a safe pick, it won't back fire on you like a Charles Rogers or a Mike Williams.. I know Charles Rogers was a MSU guy but...he was not as big of a blow up as a Ryan Leaf or Heath Shuler etc.. because he was a hometown guy...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Man, I thought you might be one to side with me on this....

Firstly, we thought the WR core was going to be awesome when we had Joey, Mike Williams, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers....

Secondly, have you seen how much better Denver is, at every position than the Lions?

Thirdly, Curtis is not in the system yet.

Fourth, The offensive line is not improved with one new player.

I rest my case.
I un-rest your case.

We thought the WR core would be awesome with those players (as did the rest of the NFL) because of what they did in college/on paper. We saw offensive success last year with Kitna, Williams and Furrey... in the first year of Mike Martz offense and with a horrible OLine. This isn't just "Hey, these guys did well in college..."... it's "Hey, they've already played well together and showed it can work". Big difference.

Your comment about Denver being incredibly better than us doesn't make too much sense to me. So... they were better... why does that mean that Bell can't succeed here? That isn't a good reason.

Your comment about Curtis... does that mean that, once Curtis is officially signed, your opinion of this situation will change? I doubt that you feel Bell will be a better back because of Curtis alone. I feel Bell will be a better back playing in a dominant passing offense... much like Addai is in Indy. If they've gotta respect the pass, it's much harder to clamp on the run.

Fourth... how the HELL is the OLine not improved with one player?! Are you KIDDING me!? So, if we got Orlando Pace, and moved Backus to RT, our OLine wouldn't be improved? I think it would be. I also think that George Foster is a better OT than our other OTs combined (besides Backus). So, yes... I feel that a healthy Foster will improve our OLine. I also know that, if we aquire another OLinemen (or draft another) and that player is better than what we have, our line will improve more.

It's science.

Don't rest cases.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Lions best scenario is trade with the cardinals

Detroit gives - 2nd overall choice
Cardinals give - 5th overall choice, 3rd rounder, 4th rounder

This gives the cardinals who they really need in Joe Thomas and the Lions can trade down and still get the best DE available along with acquiring good amount of picks.