Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

yea ryan was pretty bad, how can you shank a punt for only 15 yards?
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley looked HUGE out there, from the past few years seeing him he has never been that big, he has always looked more lean, skinny, and lanky but it looks like he has gained at least 10 lbs since left Texas...If you want to compare him to Martellus Bennett he looks 10x as good so don't take that for granted, I'll probably never get over taking Bennett over him...Still very early, but I hope he pans out because he has alot of potential.

James Jones looks like he really progressed too, he was playing on the outside and not in the slot like he usually is tonight and looked very sharp, he's a nice find and makes a QB's job easier with how well he catches, he reminds me of Patrick Crayton with a higher ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 08-12-2008 at 12:03 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

god i can not wait for a 5 WR set. man that is going to be sick
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
I'll second that, and instead of Ruvell it's jordy, sick indeed!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts

-Aaron Rouse looked to have better instincts and definitely has better hands than Collins. He is also very athletic. I hope he gets some 1st team snaps
-Abdul Hodge made a lot of good plays. He was explosive
-Jeremy Thompson gave a very forgettable performance
-Rodgers looked very sharp making great decisions. He is accurate with his passes but he seemed to throw everything high. He really strung out some receivers over the middle. He has to get that under control, but I think he will
-Brohm was better than I expected, especially later in the game. I think his interception was Humphrey fault because right after the play McCarthy gave him a WTF?!?? look
-Brandon Jackson looked very good. Quick, elusive, above average vision but still only average or below average power, speed, and blocking.
-It looks like the frontrunners we keep at RB will be Grant, Jackson Morency right now. Wynn didn't get many looks. Herron ran well and Lumpkin is intriguing.
-T Williams looked like he really seperated himself from the other CBs. He blanketed receivers and put out some big hits. I definitely saw one hit force an incompletion on what looked like a pass and catch. Bush looked pretty solid but I really hope we don't give him another shot at nickel this year.
-Nelson played with good instincts but he needs experience to adapt to the pro game
-Ruvell Martin looked great and Rodgers really likes him
-I can't wait til we cut Francies. He caused an interception on a ball that bounced off his numbers and dropped another 3rd down and long completion that hit him in the hands.

Did anyone see Pat Lee play today? How did the OL do, especially Sitton and Barbe? I missed some things because I was in a daze from the painkillers they gave me after surgery today. Might watch some parts of the game again tomorrow.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 08-12-2008 at 12:21 AM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Lumpkin is intriguing.
Lumpkin impressed me when I went to TC over the weekend and he looked good up until his fumble today. Unfortunately for him he really had no chance at making the roster from the time he got here.

Quote:
Did anyone see Pat Lee play today?
Come to think of it I can't remember seeing him at all today.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I saw Pat Lee once, o-line look ok, bad on first drive but better after that.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone bust out the theraflu, this is gonna be sick!

Pat Lee played, I actually remember seeing him get burned once.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also the announcers were painful to listen to. They probably spent 1/4 of the time talking about Favre, 1/4 talking about Chad Johnson and 1/4 talking about Aaron Rodgers. And they had no idea what was going on the game and ESPN kept airing pointless interviews when important things were happening in the game.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-12-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d809f10b2

Ha, listen to him when Jones makes the catch at the end.

" Hey wade, that was fairly manly".

Jones got jacked this off season, one strong dude. Top play as well.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-12-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Rock jock what burb are you from???
Old 08-12-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d809f10b2

Ha, listen to him when Jones makes the catch at the end.

" Hey wade, that was fairly manly".

Jones got jacked this off season, one strong dude. Top play as well.
Yeah, after listening to the ESPN crew I hope that we get the chance to listen to a game called by Wayne soon. That or else I'll bring the radio in and mute the TV.

And Jones really is big now, I couldn't believe how strong he was looking out there.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't you guys get Flowers cb
Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Didn't you guys get Flowers cb
No, everyone predicted we would for some reason. He would be too short at 5'9" to start for us. We got Pat Lee though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Flowers went to KC, si?

they get smoked.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Goatboy1717
Rookie

Goatboy1717 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah, Flowers went to KC, si?
Si, Flowers to KC.

Goal Line Blitz
Good football RPG for the off days.
Goatboy1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Rodgers looked very sharp making great decisions. He is accurate with his passes but he seemed to throw everything high. He really strung out some receivers over the middle. He has to get that under control, but I think he will Hate to rain on the parade but I thought Rodgers looked mediocre. A lot of his completions were dump offs and in most other instances he was putting his receivers in bad situations. The TD pass was not a good pass at all but jones made a spectacular catch and broke away from a big hit to score. The overthrown pass to Jones was the biggest glaring mistake. I don't think Jones had anyone within 15 yards of him. Would have been a clear TD. Thats not to say that Rodgers won't get it done because I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he had as good as a game as is being reported.

-Brandon Jackson looked very good. Quick, elusive, above average vision but still only average or below average power, speed, and blocking. I love when people automatically think the Packers only have one running back. What will hurt Jacksons playing time is his blocking. He is awful on blitz pickups but he should do well with the touches he gets though i think he needs to hit the hole harder.

-T Williams looked like he really seperated himself from the other CBs. He blanketed receivers and put out some big hits. I definitely saw one hit force an incompletion on what looked like a pass and catch. Bush looked pretty solid but I really hope we don't give him another shot at nickel this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was T Williams that whiffed the tackle on Perry at the 3 yard line on Perrys TD run. In coverage I did notice he looked pretty good.

-I can't wait til we cut Francies. He caused an interception on a ball that bounced off his numbers and dropped another 3rd down and long completion that hit him in the hands. Yea this guys sucks. Jordy needs more targets.

Did anyone see Pat Lee play today? How did the OL do, especially Sitton and Barbe? I missed some things because I was in a daze from the painkillers they gave me after surgery today. Might watch some parts of the game again tomorrow. Sitton gave up a sack early on. I tried to watch him a good bit and he seemed inconsistent. Made some nice blocks but made some mistakes too. Exepected though.

Last edited by DiG : 08-12-2008 at 11:14 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea ryan was pretty bad, how can you shank a punt for only 15 yards?
Bring back Kenny DeBauche!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I'll second that, and instead of Ruvell it's jordy, sick indeed!
Martin should still be in the 5 WR set. Our receivers will mostly be Driver, Jennings, Jones, Jordy, and Martin in that order. Ruvell has looked good so far in TC and yesterday, not to mention he's one of Rodgers' favorite targets and best friend.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
-

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was T Williams that whiffed the tackle on Perry at the 3 yard line on Perrys TD run. In coverage I did notice he looked pretty good.
I'm fairly sure that was Bush.

they get smoked.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm fairly sure that was Bush.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809f261e

yup i think your right. 24 is bush i believe and looks like thats who gets blown up here.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I still believe what I said about Rodgers. ESPN may have been giving him a bit much credit, but he was accurate. Just needs to get the ball down a little more so he doesn't string out his receivers like he did yesterday. I was especially impressed by his pocket presence. He made good decisions and has a quick release with a strong throw. The pass that Driver dropped was maybe the best pass I've seen all preseason. He stuck a bullet in there between 3 defenders for what would have been a first down. He also moved around the pocket well and threw the ball away when he should have.

He needs playing time but his future looks really, really promising to me.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
-Rodgers looked very sharp making great decisions. He is accurate with his passes but he seemed to throw everything high. He really strung out some receivers over the middle. He has to get that under control, but I think he will Hate to rain on the parade but I thought Rodgers looked mediocre. A lot of his completions were dump offs and in most other instances he was putting his receivers in bad situations. The TD pass was not a good pass at all but jones made a spectacular catch and broke away from a big hit to score. The overthrown pass to Jones was the biggest glaring mistake. I don't think Jones had anyone within 15 yards of him. Would have been a clear TD. Thats not to say that Rodgers won't get it done because I'm rooting for him. I just don't think he had as good as a game as is being reported.

[/b]
Mediocre? He wasnt stellar but the guy did good and his receivers had a couple of drops on top of that. What were you expecting? 15/15 with 3 TDs? It was his first start, he was obviously nervous, he wasnt perfect but it is expected from a guy on his first year starting.

He had good pocket presence, made good reads and showed what his rocket arm could do. To me, it was a positive first start and thats what we wanted to see. There is a lot of positive to build on.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote