Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Projected depth chart/needs

OFFENSE
Quarterback - Palmer, Fitzpatrick, J. Palmer
Notes: I gave little Palmer the nod over Rowe. He has a ton more potential IMO and has great bloodlines obviously.

Runningback - Rudi, Perry, Watson, Dorsey
Notes: Went with four runningback since the top three have all had injury problems the last few seasons. Marvin has said time and time again he wants to re-establish the run game.

Fullback - Coats
Notes: Johnson gets the axe after showing up to training camp well over weight for the 3rd camp in a row. Coats will also be the 3rd tight end and allow the extra spot for the 4th running back.

Wide Receiver - Chad, Houshmandzadeh, Chatman, Maxwell, Caldwell, Simpson
Notes: Chatman is hurt all the time but he makes the cut due to being the only vet outside of Chad and TJ. Maxwell beats out Holt since he is a much better receiver and Caldwell is taking over at KR.

Tight End- Kelly, Utecht
Notes: Coats as the 3rd tight end and fullback

Tackle - Jones, Andrews, Anderson, Collins
Notes: Nothing shocking here.

Guard - Whitworth, Williams, Kooistra
Notes: Kooistra has the experience and can also play tackle in a pinch, so he gets the nod over Livings.

Center - Ghiaciuc, Santucci
Notes: I heard a rumor that Santucci broke his ankle, so of course this will change if it's true. Cook has sucked hard, so I really don't think he makes the team.

DEFENSE
Defensive End - Geathers, Odom, Rucker, Fanene
Notes: Henderson has the hype but he has done nothing in camp and is always injured.

Defensive Tackle - Peko, Thornton, Sims, Shirley
Notes: Yeah Myers is still a decent player, but he's over 30 and can't stay healthy. Plus Shirley has a ton of potential. Fanene can also play tackle.

Outside Linebacker - Rivers, B. Johnson, Jeanty, Blackstock, Brooks
Notes: Nothing real surprising, although I could see them sign a veteran that gets cut at the last minute.

Inside Linebacker - Jones, Mays
Notes: Same as outside linebacker.

Cornerback - Joseph, Hall, O'Neal, D. Jones, Castille
Notes: Castille gets the nod over Kilmer because he's versatile and can actually stay healthy.

Safety - White, Hebert, Lynch, Jackson, Ndukwe
Notes: Hebert makes the team over Busing because he offers more on defense and has a ton of special team potential.

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker - Graham
Punter - Larson
Long Snapper - St. Louis
Notes: All no brainers.

PRACTICE SQUAD
1. DE Eric Henderson
2. DE Angelo Craig
3. RB James Johnson
4. TE Matt Sherry
5. OG Nate Livings
6. WR Mario Urrutia
7. Castoff LB from another team
8. Castoff DB from another team

Comments? Additions/Subtractions?
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan over Rowe? I don't know about that. They drafted Rowe so unless they are really let down by him I don't see them giving up on one of their guys so fast.

I'd be surprised if Jeremi does actually get cut but I think it would be a good thing for Marvin to do just to make an example of him. I liked what I saw from Coats in the preseason game.

Unless Caldwell has been very impressive in the KR department in camp I'd say they keep Holt ahead of Maxwell. Maxwell doesn't have much in terms of speed though I do like him as a player.

Kilmer probably stays for his special teams skills unless his injury is anything more than short term.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Jordan over Rowe? I don't know about that. They drafted Rowe so unless they are really let down by him I don't see them giving up on one of their guys so fast.

I'd be surprised if Jeremi does actually get cut but I think it would be a good thing for Marvin to do just to make an example of him. I liked what I saw from Coats in the preseason game.

Unless Caldwell has been very impressive in the KR department in camp I'd say they keep Holt ahead of Maxwell. Maxwell doesn't have much in terms of speed though I do like him as a player.

Kilmer probably stays for his special teams skills unless his injury is anything more than short term.
Kilmer hasn't participated at all in training camp or preseason due to injuries. He also didn't participate in last year's training camp and missed the entire season with injuries. I liked him when he was healthy, but he hasn't been healthy for quite some time.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of cinci fans would rather have Jordan than Rowe because 1) Rowe sucked this last preseason game lol. and 2) Jordan is Carson's brother.

That being said, I hope we cut Jordan. There is no way he climbs over Fitzpatrick to be #2 and nobody usurps Carson while he's alive. The best case for Jordan is that he be cut and be put on a team he could possibly climb instead of being benched the rest of his career.

Either that, or I hope he does crazy awesome in one of the next 3 preseason games to prove he's worth battling Fitzpatrick for the #3 spot.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Kilmer hasn't participated at all in training camp or preseason due to injuries. He also didn't participate in last year's training camp and missed the entire season with injuries. I liked him when he was healthy, but he hasn't been healthy for quite some time.
Thats what I'm saying. If his timetable for return is before the opening game I think we should keep him. I don't know what Herbert offers in the ST department but Kilmer is one of the best in the league. It just depends on his health and you've got to think he should be nearing a return.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Kilmer, if the guy can't get healthy shortly (not sure what his injuries are), then he's bound to get the axe. If he can get healthy, him and Lynch would be amazing on ST.

Agree with Coats.

Is Henderson still hurting? I haven't heard squat out of him and I know he was at least a little beat up Monday given he didn't play.

Rowe looked flat out horrible Monday, can't see much of a downgrade from that performance. The guy could hardly throw a spiral.

If it comes down to Chatman or Holt, I really really really hope Holt gets the go ahead. Chatman isn't that great, doesn't help on ST and is rarely healthy. We need Holt for KR, I'm not sold on Caldwell at KR at all...

Nice list.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot to mention how painful it is to look at our depth at Center and MLB. Ugh, talk about scary.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I agree on Kilmer, if the guy can't get healthy shortly (not sure what his injuries are), then he's bound to get the axe. If he can get healthy, him and Lynch would be amazing on ST.

Agree with Coats.

Is Henderson still hurting? I haven't heard squat out of him and I know he was at least a little beat up Monday given he didn't play.

Rowe looked flat out horrible Monday, can't see much of a downgrade from that performance. The guy could hardly throw a spiral.

If it comes down to Chatman or Holt, I really really really hope Holt gets the go ahead. Chatman isn't that great, doesn't help on ST and is rarely healthy. We need Holt for KR, I'm not sold on Caldwell at KR at all...

Nice list.
After monday nights game I dont want to hear the name chatman ever again...if I hear ever again that he made the "Lambeao Leap" I will go crazy.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sold on Chatman either, especially after the Monday Night game. He barely produces and is constantly injured. Agreed, that we need Holt for KR, because I don't think Caldwell will cut it there, whereas he might pan out better at WR.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Guys, Chatman has been completely healthy this offseason, and the only action any of us has seen him in his 1 preseason game in which he was playing out of position. He's the only receiver on the team (other than Chad and T.J.) with any experience. There's no way he gets cut, unless he gets hurt again, or they sign a receiver with more than 5 career catches.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The worst part for me would be Caldwell taking over at KR (if Holt was cut). I know Holt was nothing special but at least he's been there. Caldwell was pretty rough Monday, not like they have to make these decisions soon though so I'm more than willing to let Caldwell prove himself better.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Quote:
The worst part for me would be Caldwell taking over at KR (if Holt was cut). I know Holt was nothing special but at least he's been there. Caldwell was pretty rough Monday, not like they have to make these decisions soon though so I'm more than willing to let Caldwell prove himself better.
I'm going to wait until I see him return more than 2 kickoffs in a preseason game before passing judgment on his skills.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

DeDe Dorsey better make the team!!!
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
I'm going to wait until I see him return more than 2 kickoffs in a preseason game before passing judgment on his skills.
Yes, sarcasm aside, I do agree. It's just it's not like the guy is loaded with experience as a KR. Holt has returned more than a few in his day. Chris Perry better not return any, we have pretty much zero depth at KR and we went through like 4 last year.

If Caldwell goes down, Holt gets cut who do we put at KR?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, sarcasm aside, I do agree. It's just it's not like the guy is loaded with experience as a KR. Holt has returned more than a few in his day. Chris Perry better not return any, we have pretty much zero depth at KR and we went through like 4 last year.

If Caldwell goes down, Holt gets cut who do we put at KR?
Dorsey, Watson, Simpson, Hall has been fielding a few kickoffs during camp, and O'Neal could do it
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Updated:

OFFENSE
QB - Palmer, Fitzgerald, Palmer

RB - Perry, Rudi, Watson

FB - Johnson
Notes: Coats has been iffy at full back

WR - Chad, TJ, Simpson, Chatman, Caldwell, Holt, Henry
Notes: Chatman or Holt get the axe for Henry, depending on who sucks more in the first 4 games.

TE - Kelly, Utecht, Coats

LT - Jones, Collins

LG- Whitworth

C - Ghiaciuc, Santucci
Notes: Santucci will stick on the final 53 despite the injury because Cook just flat out blows, and no FA would be an upgrade. He should be back and healthy after a few games, and Williams can slide in and take over should Ghiaciuc goes down.

RG - Williams, Kooistra

RT - Andrews, Anderson

DEFENSE
DE - Geathers, Odom, Rucker, Fanene

DT - Peko, Thornton, Myers, Shirley
Notes: This was probably the hardest position to project. I really want Sims to make the team and contribute, but I think the injury will end up getting him on the IR. I can't see them cutting the veteran and still productive Myers, and I really hope they don't expose Shirley to the PS.

WLB - Rivers, Johnson

MLB - Jones, Mays

SLB - Jeanty, Blackstock, Brooks
Notes: I don't buy all the crap about Brooks getting cut. He's got as much natural talent as anyone on the team, and when it clicks, he dominates.

CB - Joseph, Hall, O'Neal, Jones, Castille
Notes: Castille really gets this spot as a default since there is no one else on the roster to be the fifth corner. It's very possible they could pick up someone like David Jones from last season after final cuts.

FS - White, Hebert, Lynch
Notes: Indiana Jones can't stay healthy and Hebert and Lynch offer more as defensive players.

SS - Jackson, Ndukwe

SPECIALISTS
K - Graham

P - Larson

LS - St. Louis
Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Coats has been iffy at FB? I've liked what I've seen from him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Chick Ludwig's...

OFFENSE: 24 PLAYERS

QUARTERBACKS (3) — Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jeff Rowe.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Jordan Palmer. This should be the year the Bengals keep a QB on the practice squad. Palmer is worth developing because Fitzpatrick will be elsewhere in 2009. Keeping Jordan around will keep peace with the Palmer family.

RUNNING BACKS (5) — Chris Perry, Kenny Watson, Rudi Johnson, DeDe Dorsey and Daniel Coats.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Jeremi Johnson, who must be held accountable for his offseason weight gain.

WIDE RECEIVERS (6) — Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Jerome Simpson, Glenn Holt, Antonio Chatman and Andre Caldwell.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Mario Urrutia, Maurice Purify and Clyde Logan. Urrutia is the top practice squad candidate. Some poor soul on the 53-man roster must be lopped when Chris Henry comes off suspension on Sept. 29.

TIGHT ENDS (2) — Reggie Kelly and Ben Utecht.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Nate Lawrie and Matt Sherry. Sherry is a candidate for the practice squad.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (8) — Levi Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Eric Ghiaciuc, Bobbie Williams, Stacy Andrews, Willie Anderson, Anthony Collins and Scott Kooistra.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Dan Santucci (center) should go on IR with a foot and ankle injury, and Kyle Cook (center) is a candidate for the practice squad. Bobbie Williams is your backup center and leader of the “Jurassic Line.”

DEFENSE: 26 PLAYERS

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (9) — Antwan Odom, Robert Geathers, Domata Peko, John Thornton, Pat Sims, Jason Shirley, Jonathan Fanene, Frostee Rucker and Angelo Craig.

—-NOTE: Michael Myers could stick if Sims goes on IR with a severely sprained big toe. OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Eric Henderson. The coaches claim Henderson is injured. Henderson claims he’s healthy. LUDWIG AT LARGE doesn’t know who to believe.

LINEBACKERS (7) — Keith Rivers, Dhani Jones, Rashad Jeanty, Brandon Johnson, Corey Mays, Darryl Blackstock and Jim Maxwell.

—-ODD MAN OUT: Ahmad Brooks. Looks like Tarzan; plays like … well, you get the picture. He’ll get snapped off the waiver wire quickly. The Bengals had high hopes for Brooks when he was taken in the third round of the July 2006 Supplemental Draft. Sadly, he’s been an injury-prone bust.

DEFENSIVE BACKS (10) — Cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph, Leon Hall, David Jones and Deltha O’Neal; safeties Dexter Jackson, Marvin White, Corey Lynch, Chinedum Ndukwe, Kyries Hebert and John Busing.

—-OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: S Herana-Daze Jones and CB Simeon Castille. Jones could stick if Ndukwe goes on IR with sprained knee. Castille has a promising future, but needs development. He’s ticketed for the practice squad.

SPECIALISTS (3) — Shayne Graham (kicker), Kyle Larson (punter) and Brad St. Louis (long snapper).

---

Sure is depressing to see Ahmad projected as a cut, I hope they're just trying to scare him into producing. I don't get how he can be slotted as the starting MLB then the next year dead last on the depth chart at SLB.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Ahmad has been so disappointing but I still have some hope for him. They should really just groom him as the heir at MLB and let Keith Rivers make all the calls in the future. If he's really that dumb and Keith is that smart it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165