Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
gentlemen, prepare yourselves for mediocre year of ****** sweet, sour, and malt beers. unless you're into putting oranges in your beer. then it'll be a great year for you.
You were right about about the Hoptagon. I didn't find it to be very good at all.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Being from the epicenter of WOB, it'll become your second home.
I went Monday and it will be. Baltimore has a really great beer bar already but that is a cab ride for me rather than a 2 minute walk. Plus WOB prices are actually pretty damn good.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight's bombers of choice:

I also bought a bomber of the rare St Arnold's Pumpkinator. I will post when I drink that on Friday.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I went Monday and it will be. Baltimore has a really great beer bar already but that is a cab ride for me rather than a 2 minute walk. Plus WOB prices are actually pretty damn good.

Their staff, at least here in Tampa, are really pretty knowledgeable. And they'll seek out some pretty cool stuff too.

Tonight.....

&

Last edited by DeadEagle : 10-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
isn't it wednesday?
Yeah, and? If two bombers get you wasted, you probably have a weak liver.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
like one bomber doesn't make you snore.
No joke: I had a sleep study done this summer. Long story short, I am getting surgery done in November because my throat closes a bit when I sleep causing snoring and oxygen deprivation. A thread will exist so you can all see what a throat surgery does.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOB is opening at Rutgers soon. I hope it's as good as you guys are saying.

I want that Stone Brent pictured now!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:06 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No joke: I had a sleep study done this summer. Long story short, I am getting surgery done in November because my throat closes a bit when I sleep causing snoring and oxygen deprivation. A thread will exist so you can all see what a throat surgery does.
sleep apnea?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boulevard sold to Duvel. FML and **** John McDonald. They built that brewery up to the largest independent craft brewery in the country entirely based on the Kansas City area being a massive homegrown market and a massive craft beer market. They basically ran their entire business around being a locally owned company and being proud to be a cornerstone of the city. Then they sell it to the ******* Belgians (after they completely slammed and mocked AB for selling to InBev). Bad look, Boulevard. Really bad look.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/bu...anted=all&_r=0
Old 10-17-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Boulevard sold to Duvel. FML and **** John McDonald. They built that brewery up to the largest independent craft brewery in the country entirely based on the Kansas City area being a massive homegrown market and a massive craft beer market. They basically ran their entire business around being a locally owned company and being proud to be a cornerstone of the city. Then they sell it to the ******* Belgians (after they completely slammed and mocked AB for selling to InBev). Bad look, Boulevard. Really bad look.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/bu...anted=all&_r=0
Their single wide ipa is on par with all day ipa.

njx9, I hear that sour beers were all the rave at GABF. Did you try any?
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Single Wide is terrible. Their Pop-Up (newest small bottle) is good, but is a cheap knock-off of All Day IPA. They don't do hops well (though 80 Acre (hoppy wheat) has grown on me quite a bit). Boulevard's better efforts are their malty brews with the BBQ (Bourbon Barrel Quad) being their absolute best...incredible beer. The base for the beer (The Sixth Glass) is also the only normal Quad that I don't think is disgusting. Most Boulevard brews are designed to be accessible to novice pallets.

The sweet fruity beer trends are coming from beer enthusiasts' love for the New Glarus line (which is fantastic...and also soon to be out of production). Most fruit beers are hit or miss with any given person, but everyone loves Serendipity, Belgian Red, and Raspberry Tart. Everyone.

Sours are an acquired taste, and I've acquired that taste, but most of them are bad. Most breweries haven't figured it out yet. They take a much longer time to make, and are harder to find a balance with compared to pretty much every other style. Most of the time, you have no idea what's going to come out of the barrel when you're aiming for a sour. Crooked Stave has an incredible line of sours, and I haven't had a bad Russian River, either.

Batch One by Crooked Stave is the best beer that exists, in my educated opinion.

Last edited by nepg : 10-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My most recent purchases:

St. Arnold Pumpkinator

Samuel Adams Thirteenth Hour

Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbier

Stone Suede Imperial Porter

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a few exceptions, all sweet sweet beers and fruit beers are horrendous.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty stoked about my beer purchases tonight, guys:

THERE WAS JUST SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like 90% of the talk in here is you guys talking about how much you hate sweet beers.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I feel like 90% of the talk in here is you guys talking about how much you hate sweet beers.
Well, they are awful and so many people think they are good. They have to be put in their place. The worst is when beer comes up in the non-beer thread though. So many Blue Moon drinkers.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Blue Moon....bite me!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Bud Light is a better and more productive beer than Blue Moon.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:O Oh Hell Naw!!!

Bud Light is scum of the earth that's only serviceable as beer pong beer.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Double post

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-17-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Triple post

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will buy Bud Light if it's on sale and I'm trying to get drunk. Under no circumstance would I ever purchase Blue Moon.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Blue Moon is much much better than Bud Light. BM is not my favorite but it's a regular for sure.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I will buy Bud Light if it's on sale and I'm trying to get drunk. Under no circumstance would I ever purchase Blue Moon.
Exactly my argument.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Hey raiderz, gtfo so everyone can acknowledge how awesome of a beer run I made.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: