Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/3...7f1b67.jpg?v=0
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
as far as IPA's getting skunked. Fat chance. Go back to your history lesson. Remember why IPA's were made. And where they were going (india), and the heat on boats and the time! UNCOMFORTABLE. If they can withstand a shipping, they can withstand a little fedex action. of course, shipping sucks ($$$).
It's not excessive temperature that skunks beer, it's UV light.

As far as the history lesson, yes the hops in an IPA will act as an excellent preservative, but it's that delicate hop flavor and aroma that makes an IPA an IPA. Hell, just the act of bottling and shipping to retailers causes these great beers to lose a little something.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Last beer I had was

I was disappointed in it tbh
Old 08-15-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I was disappointed in it tbh
I like it better than the Boston Ale. Overall it wasnt great but it wasnt bad. I wouldnt turn down a free one.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This picture leaves me speechless.

Haha, I know this kid who did that when he was young. When my parents and his were hanging out just sitting outside, he was there too, and he'd see the four adults drinking. So he'd wanna be like them, and they just give him an empty bottle so he could play around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

why do I feel like this thread has already happened?

Oh, wait, it did

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...highlight=beer
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
why do I feel like this thread has already happened?

Oh, wait, it did

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...highlight=beer
Why do I feel like this has already been addressed?

Oh wait, it has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is this taking over the Beer Appreciation thread that has not been posted in for a long while?
Quote:
Jughead. This is replacing the Beer Appreciation thread. Because the other went the way of the buffalo. (took a left turn at Albuquerque)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have respect for beer!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
whaaaat, i find brahma to be so smooth and tatsy, plus the bottle is supa sweet.

How much does most beer cost where you are? I'm curious, because in Ontario, most 24s run you about 40 bucks. In Quebec, it's like 22 plus random taxes, so like 27.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had to try the old-recipe Schlitz. Not bad at all
Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not a huge beer drinker but I do like to try as many as I can. Took this one on a snowboarding trip last winter ... The description from the website reads " Rich, round and roasted, our Oatmeal Stout is satisfaction in a glass. It's a bold, smooth-bodied concoction that oozes dark-roasted coffee aromas and flavors of espresso and semi-sweet chocolate. We round out these heady pleasures with a dose of flaked oatmeal for a creamy body and a semi-dry finish.

Unforgettable."

Yea... it was unforgettable. It was like putting an oak tree in a blender and drinking it. Yikes.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
How much does most beer cost where you are? I'm curious, because in Ontario, most 24s run you about 40 bucks. In Quebec, it's like 22 plus random taxes, so like 27.
ya ya, its basically the same. in quebec you can get a 24 for 27 dolla ?!

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh. brother's bachelor party on saturday night. too much beer. none of it good. mostly PBR (all the bars had it, and it always sounds like a good idea at the time). i need good beer soon to get the taste out of my mouth.

in better news, i didn't get arrested or beaten up, which, all things considered is nothing short of a miracle.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ya ya, its basically the same. in quebec you can get a 24 for 27 dolla ?!
Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous. I got two 24s of Keith's for $56 something, and that was not the cheapest beer there. The cheapest probably would have run me barely over 50.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cheapest that you can see in Quebec is like 21.99 per 24.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been drinking fosters a lot lately and I can't complain.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last Beer: st. bernardius ABT 8.
I have you beat with their Abt 12:

I had to celebrate moving into my new place... I would have posted here sooner but I just got the interwebz hooked up today.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quebec now has one plus to me, wow. thats amazing.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must go bro. I'm going next weekend and will be sure to stack up on some super deals while I'm there. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's nothing, you can buy Lone Star 12 packs for 8 bucks.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

ya but thats weak american beer (i think, actually i have no clue?)

go canada!

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yep. And it's the only god damn plus there is! I was walking through Hull, and it reminded me of a Dominican village I spent a week in, only smellier and dirtier with scarier people.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Original is great too.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have you beat with their Abt 12:

I had to celebrate moving into my new place... I would have posted here sooner but I just got the interwebz hooked up today.
That's a celebration beer.

Someday when i really feel like it, i'm gonna make an abt12 ice cream float

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
That's a celebration beer.

Someday when i really feel like it, i'm gonna make an abt12 ice cream float
Someone asked me why I was drinking it out of a wine glass and why the monk on the bottle is doing the same (I didn't feel like explaining what a Trappist glass is) and I told them drinking this out of the bottle or a plastic cup makes buying it irrelevant.