Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It gives it a hint of wine, good wine. It isn't fruity at all. After it is brewed, or at some time in the process, 89% of the beer is stored in regular casks, while 11% is stored in pinot noir casks. Then they are mixed back together when bottled. So since only 11% of it is stored in wine casks, it isn't overly strong. I really like it.
They can be good if they hint of wine is very very vauge but in some of them like the Fort it was much to prevalent for me. Have you had the Fort? I thought it the wine taste was overbearing to say the least.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
They can be good if they hint of wine is very very vauge but in some of them like the Fort it was much to prevalent for me. Have you had the Fort? I thought it the wine taste was overbearing to say the least.
I hate raspberries so I've never tried it. I see it all the time but I know I won't like it. However I just had their Midas Touch the other day which was pretty good. Brewed with a hint of muscat grapes. A very sweet grape which makes and dessert wine. The muscat grapes were not overpowering.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'll pay closer attention next time. I hardly buy beer at HEB seeing as i live pretty far from the closest one. And even then, down here, 98% of the people drink Bud-Light, so that's pretty much all you find at stores. It blows.
Well, I dont mean it's only at HEB. If you have a Spec's liquor store they should carry it. I cant be sure because I dont know what's around where you are.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's wintertime which means that Troeg's has it's Mad Elf Ale out. 11% Alcohol/Volume. Right now it's kicking my ass pretty hard.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's pretty rough

Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty good. It's hoppy, but has tastes of honey and cherry. The honey stands out more than the cherry, but once you get used to the potency of it you get the full taste behind it. Plus I'm on beer 3 and I'm already pretty buzzed. Can't beat that.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
It's pretty good. It's hoppy, but has tastes of honey and cherry. The honey stands out more than the cherry, but once you get used to the potency of it you get the full taste behind it. Plus I'm on beer 3 and I'm already pretty buzzed. Can't beat that.
I'm not crazy about it. Anchor still makes the best Christmas Ale. Although Santa's Private Reserve Ale from Rogue is pretty damn good as well.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got a 6 pack of this

It's really good in my opinion
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I just got a 6 pack of this

It's really good in my opinion
it goes down incredibly easy, but taste wise it doesnt do much for me. Good for beer games and such tho if u dont want to drink the utter crap like busch, keystone, natty, BL, etc, but it is just a step above those i just listed imo.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-14-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
it goes down incredibly easy, but taste wise it doesnt do much for me. Good for beer games and such tho if u dont want to drink the utter crap like busch, keystone, natty, BL, etc.
Too expensive for drinking games
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Too expensive for drinking games
yeah thats if u have the cash.....i usually am stuck drinking busch light because the distributor around by me sells 30's for 12 bucks.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
yeah thats if u have the cash.....i usually am stuck drinking busch light because the distributor around by me sells 30's for 12 bucks.
I feel you. Lone Star Light is $9.99 for a 18 pack.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

breaking news!!

i found a 4 pack of dogfish head 90 minute IPA. so, i got it. it was awesome. i also got a 6 pack of bell's winter white ale. forgot how good that stuff was.
but, really the dogfish head was great. something very different about it compared to other ipas.

so, yeah, i got this stuff for my brother in law's christmas party (byob). got kinda drunk and decided i would be hosting a draft party this year. i invited a lot of dudes. wonder if this will actually happen.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some good stuff i got this past weekend.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anchor christmas is pretty awesome.

i might have some of that 2007 stuff at home.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very expensive but three will put you on your ass.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
the dogfish head was great. something very different about it compared to other ipas.
Their IPA 90 is simply fantastic.

On a side note, thanks to my constant requests and purchases, the local Spec's (it's like the Wal-Mart of liquor stores for those who don't live in southeast TX and they're as big as a Wal-Mart too) is finally carrying St Bernardus' abt 12. Before all they would stock is the Tripel but now my favorite beer is ample at all times.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is amazing again this year.....hops really hit you in the face, its great tho.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is amazing again this year.....hops really hit you in the face, its great tho.
I'm not much of a sierra nevada guy but I also enjoyed that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Why do people insist on buying any beer with the word 'ice' on the end? It's ******* disgusting and tastes like piss.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why do people insist on buying any beer with the word 'ice' on the end? It's ******* disgusting and tastes like piss.
It's full of booze. I'd rahter drink that than light beer because then I'd have to drink less. They're both crap.

they get smoked.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it'll get ya drunk for cheap.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
it'll get ya drunk for cheap.
I live in a town where there is a bar that serves Dogfish Head IPA 90 (among like 20-something other beers) for 2 bucks a pint on Thursdays, they have no excuse! (Pint Night is the name of this glorious day of the week.)

But in all seriousness, I was at a party that had Keystone Ice in the keg. It was awful.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I live in a town where there is a bar that serves Dogfish Head IPA 90 (among like 20-something other beers) for 2 bucks a pint on Thursdays, they have no excuse!
Que??!?

Quote:
But in all seriousness, I was at a party that had Keystone Ice in the keg. It was awful.
I'm a senior in college and throughout I've been to a handful of parties that didn't have Keystone as the keg. Damn noobs.

they get smoked.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm not much of a sierra nevada guy but I also enjoyed that.
me either, their celebration ale is always delicious tho.