Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'm not a 28 year-old Wisconsin :(. I get what I can pay for. I can't afford Wiennergaggen Spritzel Premium Lager quite yet.

$1-something each and better than Coors Light.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just created my own six pack with beers I have yet to try.
Excited to try the Shiner anniversary beer. Also, does anyone else enjoy the unibroue line of beers. Looking forward to drinking this bad boy I am having my roommate pick up.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Excited to try the Shiner anniversary beer.
It's delicious.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if it's a money issue, busch light in bottles is infinitely better for the money than coors light.
Is it? I've never really tried Busch Light.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if it's a money issue, busch light in bottles is infinitely better for the money than coors light.
Meh Busch light is definitely not better than Coors. Ive also never in my life seen Busch in a bottle.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sentence one makes sentence two unnecessary.

canned busch is putrid crap. in a bottle? somehow infinitely better. only place i've ever found it was some crappy, obscure liqour store in amherst, ma. college beer of choice, unless there was beer pong.
I've seen in bottles around here. I'll have to check it out if it's around the same price as Coors.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
For a light beer Coors is better than most. But by all means drowe, continue to be a cool guy and insult people for drinking stuff that you don't care for.
you suck at life.

thread title-beer-a-OBSCURA. anybody bringing up coors light, bud light or miller lite does run the risk of being teased in a tongue and cheek way. everyone else can take it. must be your time of the month :)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

got a 4 pack of Sprecher Abbey Triple (screw the self imposed freeze on new beer). waiting for the right time to try it.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
got a 4 pack of Sprecher Abbey Triple (screw the self imposed freeze on new beer). waiting for the right time to try it.
The right time??? The clock just hit midnight and it is officially V-Day, open a bottle up my man.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sentence one makes sentence two unnecessary.

canned busch is putrid crap. in a bottle? somehow infinitely better. only place i've ever found it was some crappy, obscure liqour store in amherst, ma. college beer of choice, unless there was beer pong.
I like the short neck BL smoothies probably the most out of any cheap macro beer.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true statement. the stores let you take it off their shelves!

spend the extra dollar. get the good stuff.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:56 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
true statement. the stores let you take it off their shelves!

spend the extra dollar. get the good stuff.
Got me confused here! Busch is cheaper than Coors. And another dollar and youre into the Budweiser/Miller range. Crazy Paradiso.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I'd bump this thread as I tried two new beers the other night. The first was Echt Kriekenbier-

Very strong on the cherries, definitely say this is a different type beer if you want to try something new. It was almost like I was drinking a nice cherry champagne. Not sure I'd get it again but I'm glad I tried it.

Next was a Belgium beer, Rader Blonde ale, which is infused with gin flavors aka juniper bush. Strange combo and this was another that you don't feel like you are drinking beer. Very different from anything out there, the girl I was with said it smelled like Rosemary which works about right. Same as the first beer, I'm glad I tried it because it's so unique but I probably wouldn't order it again.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

drinkin colorado koolaid tonight. :(.

Oh wait, Makers mark too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
drinkin colorado koolaid tonight.
I had to scale back on beer expenses lately and have been buying either Mickey's or Coors Original. Not exactly something to write home about but it gets the job done.

EDIT: So, I dont know if someone grants wishes or what but today I go into the corner store and what do I see? 24oz cans of Lone Star (it usually only comes in 16 or 12) for $1.25 a piece. Needless to say, I bought 3.

Last edited by Brent : 02-27-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the economy, I've been reduced to Miller Lite. God help us all.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I had to scale back on beer expenses lately and have been buying either Mickey's or Coors Original. Not exactly something to write home about but it gets the job done.

EDIT: So, I dont know if someone grants wishes or what but today I go into the corner store and what do I see? 24oz cans of Lone Star (it usually only comes in 16 or 12) for $1.25 a piece. Needless to say, I bought 3.
I love good beer deals. One liquor store near(ish) me has really really good deals. I try and buy from there when I can.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love good beer deals. One liquor store near(ish) me has really really good deals. I try and buy from there when I can.
cant beat the liquor store by me......12.99 for a 30 of Busch Light or Busch.....utter crap, but hey, I'm in college. When I have money I get the good stuff, but most of my drinking is due to games and that is not the place of excellent beer.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Due to both the area of the country I am in(Wisconsin, it has a severe lack of good microbrews it is essentially Leine's, Capital, and Spotted Cow) and the fact that I can't find a god damn job, I have been reduced to drinking Keystone, hell, sometimes i even buy ice since it gives a better bang for your buck.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway, nothing special, but my previous beer was a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

I love porters and stouts, but I usually just drink IPA's and American Pales. My favorite non-specialty IPA is probably Harpoon, but I can't get it in KC...so I just drink Boulevard Pale Ale when I'm not at a brewpub...

________
CHILD NEXIUM

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:57 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3 cans of crap beer for $1.25 each...

Good deal for your drunk, bad deal for your anus.
________
Vaporizer vidoes

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:57 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Due to both the area of the country I am in(Wisconsin, it has a severe lack of good microbrews it is essentially Leine's, Capital, and Spotted Cow) and the fact that I can't find a god damn job, I have been reduced to drinking Keystone, hell, sometimes i even buy ice since it gives a better bang for your buck.
You can't find good micro brews in Wisconsin? I don't buy that.

they get smoked.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
What about Natty Boh?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best Canadian IPA I've had, not sold in the states unfortunately.

Anyways I got dragged to this BBQ/Mexi-Bar last night in Midtown and I spent mad money for Negras and Pacificos. I also rode the bull five times like the asshole I am and yacked as soon as I left

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You can't find good micro brews in Wisconsin? I don't buy that.
As cheap as keystone?