Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

I have heard of a lot people who like warm beer, its weird! Yes I agree cold beer is the only way.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most beers are best served between 50-55 degrees. Well, most beers I drink anyway. Pilseners are an example of a beer that is best served cold, but not ice cold. More like 40-45. The only beers that should be served ice cold are the beers that you don't want to taste. Same goes for serving vessel. The only beers that should be consumed from the bottle or can are beers that you don't want to taste.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats the case with head, when drinking a good beer, whys it important?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Most beers are best served between 50-55 degrees. Well, most beers I drink anyway. Pilseners are an example of a beer that is best served cold, but not ice cold. More like 40-45. The only beers that should be served ice cold are the beers that you don't want to taste. Same goes for serving vessel. The only beers that should be consumed from the bottle or can are beers that you don't want to taste.
Meh, I subscribe to the theory that 99% of all liquids taste better the closer they are to freezing. I love that icey cold chill going down.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had some good beers this past week...
Kona Pipeline Porter...tastes as good as the six pack looks. probably my new favorite porter.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Meh, I subscribe to the theory that 99% of all liquids taste better the closer they are to freezing. I love that icey cold chill going down.
I think the majority is with you on that. I'll just say that if a beer tastes better ice cold than it does at 45-55 degrees, it didn't taste good to begin with. Extreme cold inhibits taste. The beverage does not taste better so much as it's tasteless. Barren of all intended nuance to the point it may as well be a different beer. Coors light or budweiser though? Yeah those are intended to be consumed as cold as possible. Kinda like how McDonald's perverse "beef" is intended to be consumed overcooked. No way would that crap taste better if they left it pink in the middle like a good burger should be, but the majority sure as hell loves them. Cattle themselves, it seems. But now I'm stepping far beyond the bounds of your comment.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

I love rogues. Its kind of interesting if you go to google and type beer list in they have alist of 480 something beers and reviews on them all.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, i still havnt tried a porter...and im from the place they originate from!

Anyone know any good porters i should check out?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Man, i still havnt tried a porter...and im from the place they originate from!

Anyone know any good porters i should check out?
Flying Dog's Road Dog Porter is good. and pretty accessable.
Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great Lakes Brewery is also tasty.
and, of course, the one i mentioned a few posts up.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Flying Dog's Road Dog Porter is good. and pretty accessable.
Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great Lakes Brewery is also tasty.
and, of course, the one i mentioned a few posts up.
He lives in England, they aren't going to have Great Lakes Porter. However, if he goes to that awful "Texas Republic" restaurant in London he can taste delicious Lone Star.

Any way, this is what I am up to thus far tonight (along with about 5 cans of Dos Equis):

For the record, I love when the liquor store sells singles.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He lives in England, they aren't going to have Great Lakes Porter. However, if he goes to that awful "Texas Republic" restaurant in London he can taste delicious Lone Star.

Any way, this is what I am up to thus far tonight (along with about 5 cans of Dos Equis):

For the record, I love when the liquor store sells singles.

MMMMM Spaten

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, summer is officially here because I can now buy Oberon at every party store. Got a 6 pack just a few minutes ago.

And I also got a single of Sapporo, big fan of the Sapporo.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE Oberon!!! I just wish that it wasn't $9 a ******* six-pack
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I LOVE Oberon!!! I just wish that it wasn't $9 a ******* six-pack
It's worth more than $9 per six pack. As far as I'm concerned, that's a steal.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You chumps are paying 9 a six pack for Oberon? It's on sale for 3.29 a six pack here...Lucky me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You chumps are paying 9 a six pack for Oberon? It's on sale for 3.29 a six pack here...Lucky me.
I got it on sale for $5.99 when I bought it, but I don't mind paying the $8.99 if I can't get it on sale.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I got it on sale for $5.99 when I bought it, but I don't mind paying the $8.99 if I can't get it on sale.
Yeah, it's good stuff. Worth the price. However, Bells does get a bit ridiculous when they have 15 dollar six packs. I had their consecrator bock that was 14.99 and it was nothing special.

I can get pretty much anything I want for 1/4 the price from a bottle shop here because my buddy works there, but I try to not do it too much. So I go to this hole in the wall shop by my house and for some reason they always have bells on sale. Which is odd because Bell's isn't a brewery that needs to put their beer on sale. It's really cheap too, like 3-4 dollar six packs. I'm beginning to become suspicious of it. Maybe it's old or reject beer? I don't know how they can afford to run those deals when no one else in town does.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jesus you guys must have a lot lesser taxes on your alcohol. Ive never seen Oberon anywhere near that. I live in the same state as the brewery too.

Youre lucky if you can get a 6 pack of Busch or Coors light for around 3 dollars here. My Oberon cost $9.99. But its tasty enough that I don't care.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where do you get it? If it is in the metro area, i may be making a trip... :)
Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Where do you get it? If it is in the metro area, i may be making a trip... :)
Sorry my man, abooot 2 hours north.

they get smoked.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

BOOOOO

I love drinking at country bars, though. Kettle One & tonic for $3. In Mpls, the same srink would cost $7/8
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
And I also got a single of Sapporo, big fan of the Sapporo.
They're all right. Whenever I get Japanese, that and Tsingtao are all they ever had.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
BOOOOO
I love drinking at country bars, though. Kettle One & tonic for $3. In Mpls, the same srink would cost $7/8
I don't live in the country but i know what u mean.

I think you meat Sapphire & tonic. AKA Gin & chronic.

they get smoked.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Bay Area people had the Hell or High Watermelon beer from 21st Amendment? I've been looking to try some new summer brews since it is getting nice out and this seemed interesting.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Any Bay Area people had the Hell or High Watermelon beer from 21st Amendment? I've been looking to try some new summer brews since it is getting nice out and this seemed interesting.
Fantastic name for a brewery/beer company.