Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-04-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Child please it is all about Russian River Brewery.
Russian River Pinots > Brews.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone from philly telling a California native what the best Californian brewery is. Them is fighting words.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RR has Pliny and Salvation versus AV's Boont and Brother David's Abbey. As much as I love Pliny, Anderson Valley has a clear edge there.

Oh, and Indian Wells Brewing Company is another top notch choice. Their Lobotomy Bock is the easiest drinking 10%+ beer I've ever had the pleasure of having.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 10-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So. *******. Delicious.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to agree with California beers typically being the best... Though I love some Bell's product...
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd have to agree with California beers typically being the best... Though I love some Bell's product...
Thanx to Mike for his superlative support of California brews.

Kudos to (checking etched/painted glasses in brewpub memorabilia case) :
Gordon Biersch Pilsner, top of Potrero Hill, SF,
North Coast Brewing Co. Scrimshaw Pilsner, Mendocino Co.
Boonville Beer, Boonville Brewing Co., Philo, CA,
Thirsty Bear Pilsner, Howard St., SF, built on the debris from the 1906 SF Quake,
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Chico, CA,
Poppy Jasper Lager, EL Toro Brewpub, Morgan Hill, CA, I'll be there Sat. morning for College Gameday & Bama @ Ole Miss
Anchor Steam Ale, from all over Northern Calif.

wth, throw in the ever popular Moose Drool from Big Sky Brewing Co., Missoula, MT

Can't forget easy-greasy Red Stripe Lager from Jamaica. Drink all 6 of them in the pack & you're a Rostamon ready to try out for the bobsled team. :]

Last edited by LizardState : 10-09-2009 at 10:03 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Pacifico ftw. That is all.
Agreed Brent.

Pacifica Clara is the best beer ever brewed by Mexicans, & in Mazatlan, honme of the Sinaloa Cowboys (Los Narcos Guerreros).

Modelo or even Bohemia will do in a dire shortage, but Corona & Carta Blanca is execrable. Death Row inmates have been known to turn it down.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually had a damn good Canadian beer recently I forgot what it was called. Next time I go to to that bar I'll have to write it down. But seriously those who've had a proper sampling of PA beer will vote PA beer.

These two were awesome! I thought they were french when I purchased them. But then read the bottle. Great job Frenchies (er... French Canadians)!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 10-13-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

Amazing.
I wasn't a huge fan of it.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like punkin ale occasionally in the fall.......its pretty good. Wouldnt want more than 2 or 3 in a sitting tho.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale is always a good bet......
Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I like punkin ale occasionally in the fall.......its pretty good. Wouldnt want more than 2 or 3 in a sitting tho.
I had two. I don't think I could finish the 4 pack just because how sweet and heavy it is. The taste could get repetitive but I hadn't gotten to that point.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
favorite winter seasonal: go.

2 below (new belgium) wins for me. it's not heavily spiced, and there's no bizarre flavor additives. that said, i'm VERY hesitant to try seasonal's for the reasons above. which ones do you all like and why?
Odell Isolation Ale sounds like heaven for you. Not spicy at all.

EDIT: It is also from Colorado so should be easy to find.

Personally, I like Dock Street's Winter Warmer its local (fresh) a nice spice undertone and 11% abv.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 10-29-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
at work or i'd jfgi myself (worthless filters), but is the odells a big bottle or a sixer?
IIRC I got it in a sixer. I'm unsure if they make bombers of it or not.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
favorite winter seasonal

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell's Winter White Ale was my favorite last year.

I'll have to try the New Belgium one, now that they're available in wisconsin...and i was a big fan of the Hoptober fall seasonal.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i tend to really dislike whites... what else does bell's make? they sound familiar (apologies again for the lack of ability to google these things myself).
This White is kind of a winter twist to white beer....or it might just be a white beer in a bottle with snow on the label and my weak mind was convinced it tastes different.

but, I love Bell's I've been pimping them since the early days of this thread. They're out of Kalamazoo, MI. probably most known for Oberon, their summer seasonal.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anchor's Christmas Beer is always one of my favorites.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i tend to really dislike shiner bock. how's this different?
It tastes different...

Seriously though, it has like a roasted pecan & vanilla hint to it and I really enjoyed it last winter season. Hard to explain, you just have to try it.

Why do you dislike Shiner Bock?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
favorite winter seasonal: go.

2 below (new belgium) wins for me. it's not heavily spiced, and there's no bizarre flavor additives. that said, i'm VERY hesitant to try seasonal's for the reasons above. which ones do you all like and why?
I'm not trying to insult you but I honestly don't see what you like about New Belgium. I didn't like the 2 below, Fat tire is the most overrated beer ever, the blue paddle pilsner is complete crap, their new Trippel sucked too, the Abbey was Ok, and the mothership wheat was nothing to right home about. Come to think of it I think the only beer I've ever liked from New Belgium is the hoptober. I don't know why I continuity buy their brews only to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Bell's Winter White Ale was my favorite last year.
Bells winter ale is real good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
but, I love Bell's I've been pimping them since the early days of this thread. They're out of Kalamazoo, MI. probably most known for Oberon, their summer seasonal.
You think the Oberon is their flagship over two hearted? I like them both, but I see Two hearted around a lot more than Oberon.

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
You think the Oberon is their flagship over two hearted? I like them both, but I see Two hearted around a lot more than Oberon.
I see Oberon more often than Two hearted.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I see Oberon more often than Two hearted.
Hmmm.. could be a regional thing. I rarely ever see Oberon around here, and Two hearted is on tap at many places.

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killians is not that good at all. I think it's funny most people think it's actually from Ireland.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote