Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
PBR a hipster beer? Um when the hell did this happen? I always saw PBR as an old man, multi generational drunk, possibly redneck beer. Like Black Label.
That is what I thought as well.

Maybe hipster Packer fans drink PBR and old man Packer fans drink Heineken.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Does anyone else find it funny that Budweiser is trying to look like a micro brewer with its American Ale and Golden Wheat?
That's becoming a big thing in Australia now too. Just did a 5000 word report on Foster's (no not the ****** beer that they only sell in the UK, the company that owns half the beer industry in Australia and a large portion of the global wine industry) business strategy and it was a major component.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I just had a Newcastle with dinner. BBQ Chicken sandwich.

Opinions??
Newcastle is pretty good. Every time I have it, I find myself wanting a cheeseburger. It just reminds me of a beer than would be perfect with any kind of Americana dish. How was it with the chicken sammich?

Quote:
PBR a hipster beer? Um when the hell did this happen? I always saw PBR as an old man, multi generational drunk, possibly redneck beer. Like Black Label.
PBR is the classic old-man beer. I wouldn't call it redneck as it isn't Busch or Milwaukee's Best. I think it's by far the best for the money.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Newcastle is pretty good. Every time I have it, I find myself wanting a cheeseburger. It just reminds me of a beer than would be perfect with any kind of Americana dish. How was it with the chicken sammich?

PBR is the classic old-man beer. I wouldn't call it redneck as it isn't Busch or Milwaukee's Best. I think it's by far the best for the money.
Hence the questioning. PBR is what my uncles drink & their uncles drink. Its what my friends drunk family have sitting around in the garage fridge. I was shocked to see people referring to it as a hipster beverage.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hence the questioning. PBR is what my uncles drink & their uncles drink. Its what my friends drunk family have sitting around in the garage fridge. I was shocked to see people referring to it as a hipster beverage.
We always drank it because it was cheap in college and better than something like Keystone, Beast, or Natty.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Make sure you put on your tight jeans and ride your fixie bike while you drink those.

TJ knows what's up. Though in Austin, they drink Lone Star, so it's ******* more expensive that High Life... goddamn hipsters.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being in Columbus, I can see it being referred to as such, but it will all be an old-man beer to me. That said, I don't think I'd ever take any of the ****** beers over it. For as cheap as it is, it's easily the best, without comparison.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 11-18-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For as cheap as it is, it's easily the best, without comparison.

this will change your life.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

this will change your life.
Some of us outside of the southwest cannot get cheap Lone Star.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Some of us outside of the southwest cannot get cheap Lone Star.
I dont even know where they sell this outside of Texas.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

TJ knows what's up. Though in Austin, they drink Lone Star, so it's ******* more expensive that High Life... goddamn hipsters.
I'm glad some one else knows what i'm talking about. Hipsters have stolen PBR.

Quote:
Trust me, I used to see as an old man beer as well. However, as of late hispsters have started to take it over. I suspect they took to it precisely because it is thought of as a old man beer. You know how they like to be different, this is what they're probably going for.

With that said, rednecks still drink the hell out of it around here.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 11-18-2009 at 01:36 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have seen it. I think its actually made in woodridge, IL now. Or at least thats what my friend that moved to Texas said.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I found it here in Northern Minnesota a couple weeks ago, for 4 bucks a six pack if I remember correctly.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
hispsters have started to take it over
they buy it because it's cheap and it's ironic that they're people who live on their parents money & can afford nice beer get ****** beer instead.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm glad some one else knows what i'm talking about. Hipsters have stolen PBR.

Trust me, I used to see as an old man beer as well. However, as of late hispsters have started to take it over. I suspect precisely they took to it precisely because it is thought of as a old man beer. You know how they like to be different, this is what they're probably going for.

With that said, rednecks still drink the hell out of it around here.
******' hipsters. Always gotta take good **** and make it bad.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
******' hipsters. Always gotta take good **** and make it bad.
You can't drink PBR in good conscience anymore knowing hipsters like it, can you?

they get smoked.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
You can't drink PBR in good conscience anymore knowing hipsters like it, can you?
PBR tastes like ****, it's cheaper to get Lone Star and I have a job, so I am willing to spend the extra dollar for Coors Light when I want cheap ****.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think I can force it down. I mean, it gets me sauced, and in the end, that's what I'm really trying to accomplish.

Quote:
PBR tastes like ****, it's cheaper to get Lone Star and I have a job, so I am willing to spend the extra dollar for Coors Light when I want cheap ****.
All of my friends drink Nati, so I'd rather spend the extra dollar and get PBR. Plus, we don't have Lone Star :(

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 11-18-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Meh, I don't see the difference between any of them really. All macros like that kind of suck. I'd rather spend the extra 4-5 dollars a sixer or something that actually tastes like beer.

they get smoked.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
All of my friends drink Nati, so I'd rather spend the extra dollar and get PBR. Plus, we don't have Lone Star :(
Natty > PBR

yeah I said it!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Lone Star the one when you get it in a bottle it has a picture phrase on the inside of the cap??

My memory is kinda fuzzy but a bunch of friends would go to a bar and order nothing but Lone Star and not look at the caps until like 5-6 beers later and then try and figure them all out. If I am thinking of the right beer. You would know better.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PBR is def. hipster in NYC......like, to the point where its not debatable.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Lone Star the one when you get it in a bottle it has a picture phrase on the inside of the cap??

My memory is kinda fuzzy but a bunch of friends would go to a bar and order nothing but Lone Star and not look at the caps until like 5-6 beers later and then try and figure them all out. If I am thinking of the right beer. You would know better.
Yes. That is it.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes. That is it.
I thought so. Good times.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. That is it.
Could also be Lions head $14 for a case including tax.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote