Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vive le Québec!
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fan-freaking-tastic, as I always expect from DFH

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
since I have been back in Dallas for the past 9 months, I stopped with Lone Star and switched to Coors Light or High Life for my super-cheap nights. Lone Star costs more around here and it sickens me.
Man, I LOVE highlife when you just feel like being cheap. It's a good ass tasting beer too I can just drink what seems like a million of them. That's usually what I'll stick with if I know I have to drive later, or just save a few bucks, but if your going to go cost effective why not? It has alot more taste to it then a Natty Ice which I'll drink quite a bit too just to have some beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
a Natty Ice
any beer that ends with 'Ice' is bad news.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By George, I think we've got it.

Days of debate and deliberation at Independence Hall were often followed by nights of debate and deliberation (and a few libations) at the City Tavern, where our forefathers would gather to exchange revolutionary ideas.

Rich and warming with a deep garnet hue, the molasses-based Tavern Porter™ reflects Washington's admiration of Philadelphia-style porters and follows a recipe Washington used himself, when brewing beer to satisfy his thirsty field officers.

Enjoy a taste of history, courtesy of Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia's premier brewer and bottler.

Historical note: Our new brewery is located just blocks away from the site of Robert Hair's brewery, where Washington's favorite Philadelphia Porter was crafted.

ABV 7.0%

Quote:
Poor Richard's
Tavern Spruce Ale

Brewed to celebrate Ben's 300th birthday.

Whether Ben Franklin ever said, "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" is up for debate. Some say he said it, others say he didn't. No one knows for sure.

Historical facts or fictions aside, Yards Brewing Company has recreated Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce Ale™ to celebrate Franklin's affinity for fine ales. Poor Richard's Tavern Spruce Ale is based on Franklin's original recipe, which called for spruce essence and molasses, as barley and hops were not readily available at the time.

Enjoy a taste of history courtesy of Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia's premier brewer and bottler.

ABV 5.0%

Quote:
All beers are not created equal.

While Thomas Jefferson spent much of his time in Philadelphia drafting, editing, revising, and re-editing the Declaration of Independence, he longed to be home in Monticello, where twice a year his wife Martha would brew up one of his favorite beverages — beer.

Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale™ is a strong golden ale, based on Jefferson's original recipe, which included ingredients specified and grown on his Virginia estate.

Enjoy a taste of history, courtesy of Yards Brewing Company, Philadelphia's premier brewer and bottler.

ABV 8.0%

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I discovered this place near a buddy's office and now I am going almost every week. It's seriously awesome.

Also, the market nearby is selling these two now...

Joy.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

both of these are on tap on campus...im such a lucky man.

one advantage in being in San Diego is always having about 3-5 different beers from Stone on tap.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
both of these are on tap on campus...im such a lucky man.

one advantage in being in San Diego is always having about 3-5 different beers from Stone on tap.
What school???? I may be changing grad school plans.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
What school???? I may be changing grad school plans.
UCSD (University of California, San Diego). What's on tap does rotate, but Stone is always a constant in the 3 places on campus that have beer on tap. Where and what you going to grad school for?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UCSD (University of California, San Diego). What's on tap does rotate, but Stone is always a constant in the 3 places on campus that have beer on tap. Where and what you going to grad school for?
I actually can't change up my grad plans because I am having my MBA fully paid for through a GA at St. John's (where I go now) and I don't really have 120 grand lying around. I am going to school for International Finance.

San Diego would be sweet tho, altho I would probably miss NYC too much.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-10-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
they serve booze on campus? that's so awesome.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
they serve booze on campus? that's so awesome.
There's going to be 2 bars in our new student union :D

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
they don't in texas? CU and UMass both (though UMass's opened after i left and may have closed since as well) had a school run bar on campus.
I think UT did but it closed. A&M doesnt but all the bars are across the street from the North side of campus where most the student housing is, as well as all the building where my English classes were (which seems coincidental).

Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now drinking

Porter made with 100% Kona coffee, amazingly smooth finish

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to try Fat Tire for the first time this past week and I thought it was excellent.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Got to try Fat Tire for the first time this past week and I thought it was excellent.
Now go try the rest of the New Belgium beers, Fat Tire is basically their most mediocre offering.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
i remember the row of bars at a&m... they were all pretty dead in the summer (unsurprisingly).
which is why summers in College Station are the best time to be there, no people, no lines, every thing still favors the night-owl types.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
but it's so god **** hot. i could barely walk to the convenience store from the student center.
1) I dont know why you were there or when that was
2) I am not sure which convenience store you are talking about, but they are all a ways from the MSC
3) if you think that is too hot, you need to be there in mid August.

Also, for the rest of you, I had Shiner 101 tonight. It's a Czech-style Pilsner. I didnt mind it. Still no Shiner Bock.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to try the rest of what New Belgium has to offer but I don't believe it's available out here in OH.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently drinking- Hazed and Infused by Boulder Beer Company

This is some serious good ****

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Now go try the rest of the New Belgium beers, Fat Tire is basically their most mediocre offering.
New Belgium is one of my least favorite breweries. I've had one beer to date that I've like from there, Hoptober.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
New Belgium is one of my least favorite breweries. I've had one beer to date that I've like from there, Hoptober.
They're not amazing or anything, but when it comes to smaller breweries that get somewhat big distribution, they're pretty decent. Mothership Wit is one of my favorite wheat bears.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had this stuff last night

**** yea, I'm classy bitches
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Had this stuff last night

**** yea, I'm classy bitches
Did you poo through a screen door this morning?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quickly! it's try a new beer thursday for me and my roomie, what should we get? something preferably kinda heavy for tonight to get very nice.
we've had leinenkugels and some other beer i can't pronounce so far on our newly invented holiday
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote