Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in SD right now and it's the worst for microbrews. I go to the grocery store usually for my booze, and the most uncommon beers they have there are Shock Top and Sapporo.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I live in SD right now and it's the worst for microbrews. I go to the grocery store usually for my booze, and the most uncommon beers they have there are Shock Top and Sapporo.
You're like 20 minutes from Minnesota... Just take the trip and load up on Surly.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA gets a 7/10.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Steelhead Extra Pale Ale has been really good so far, though not much of a distinct flavor.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Blonde on Blonde from City Steam. It is considered an APA but in reality it is a really hoppy blonde ale. either way at $7 a sixer it is well worth the buy if you are in the CT area.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i just can't get into blonde's. they're always so sweet.
You're so sweet.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i just can't get into blonde's. they're always so sweet.
I've never had a problem with the style ( I tend to like all styles) but this one is very un blonde like

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had last night. Yummy.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Stout is by far the best of the lot. The other two get much better as it warms but the Alt is way too high on the alcohol taste until then. I'd suggest slightly cooler than room for it. I really like the sweet caramel that comes out in the munikh as it warms.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-26-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a 12 of the Sierra Torepedo over the last few days. It's a little too hoppy for my taste, but I definitely get the appeal. The Ranger is fantastic as well.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting together a serious stoutfest for my job...im looking for any underated stouts...who has any names?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Blonde on Blonde from City Steam. It is considered an APA but in reality it is a really hoppy blonde ale. either way at $7 a sixer it is well worth the buy if you are in the CT area.
Thats a sexy knee.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Putting together a serious stoutfest for my job...im looking for any underated stouts...who has any names?
I still love me some Murphy's Irish Stout.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This **** is beyond horrible. Just stay away.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Under the radar but awesome Stouts available in Chicago Ill.

Big Hugs Russian Imperial Stout or Baumé
Half Acre Beer Co. 4257 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, Illinois

Pipeworks is also in Chicago although I've not had them but they are one of the few Chicago Breweries that are offering Stouts at this time of year.
1675 N Western Ave
Chicago, Illinois, 60647-5321

Victory Brewery seems to be available in Chicago so I'd really suggest the Storm King Stout from them its very good.

Stone's Russian Imperial is available there as well (not under rated but meh)

Personally I like Young's Double Chocolate Stout as well.

If you go to West Lakeview Liquors they have a huge selection (if you believe their website) they should be able to help you with more
2156 W Addison St
Chicago, Illinois, 60618-6136

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought one bottle tonight because I needed to find out how the **** a single beer costs $5 at the liquor store. And I found out because it's pure greatness. And 10%.

And commenting on the above post, I met the Stone CEO at G-Allen's in Minnesota a week or two ago when he was there for the unveiling of the Stone chipotle beer. My review, I have absolutely no idea if I liked it or not, it was just too different for me to have any other opinion on.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just from a list I have handy near my desk...

Dieu Du Ciel Aphrodite
North Coast Old Rasputin
Schafly Coffee Stout
Stone IRS
Southern Tier Choklat
Southern Tier Iniquity
Southern Tier Creme Brulee (zomg)
Southern Tier Mokah
Southern Tier 2X Stout
Beamish
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Firestone Walker Parabola
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura (sour stout - one of my favorite beers ever)
Founders Breakfast Stout
Green Flash Double Stout

(granted, most of these aren't "underrated"...but they're ******* good. And, yes, lots of Southern Tier stouts. They're really good at that style.)

The best stout (beer?) I've ever had is the Stone Oak Aged IRS 2008. I've also had a few special release Bourbon County Stouts that were up there. Also can't forget about Founders KBS or CBS.

Last edited by nepg : 06-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://www.groupon.com/deals/midwest-homebrewing-albany

For those who are looking to get into home brewing Groupon has one again for the next 24 hours

$64 for a First-Time Brewer's Package (Up to $137.92 Value)

Brewing essentials equipment kit (a $64.99 value)
Steel bottle opener (a $14.99 value)
Choice of irish red ale, autumn amber ale, or irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
Instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
$25 gift certificate for a second batch

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I made an Arrogant Bastard clone with maple. Switching tp secondary this weekend.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's okay.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could say that about anything SN has ever put out.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to try seasonals, but I haven't found a decent summer beer that I can find around here.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I could say that about anything SN has ever put out.
Nah. Their Celebration Ale and stout are both amazing. Also, their extra IPA and pale ale offerings are at least worthy of being called good.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
http://www.groupon.com/deals/midwest-homebrewing-albany

For those who are looking to get into home brewing Groupon has one again for the next 24 hours

$64 for a First-Time Brewer's Package (Up to $137.92 Value)

Brewing essentials equipment kit (a $64.99 value)
Steel bottle opener (a $14.99 value)
Choice of irish red ale, autumn amber ale, or irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
Instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
$25 gift certificate for a second batch
page trap for those interested.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: