Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone up for Jets - Bills. Whoever has a better record (unless the better team loses 2 to the other)
Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Anyone up for Jets - Bills. Whoever has a better record (unless the better team loses 2 to the other)
pick one: better record or series result.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

better record. any takers?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
better record. any takers?
I'm sure there's someone out there. I'll put it up as soon as someone agrees.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like my unclaimed bet (the Peyton Manning one) put on the front page if that's going to be done.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Yeah I'll round the unclaimed ones up. I don't give that bet much chance though, it's almost a sure loss for whoever takes it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Yeah I'll round the unclaimed ones up. I don't give that bet much chance though, it's almost a sure loss for whoever takes it.
I know, I explained why I set the parameters the way I did a couple of posts later. I may try to make it interesting to Manning haters as we get closer to the season.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I know, I explained why I set the parameters the way I did a couple of posts later. I may try to make it interesting to Manning haters as we get closer to the season.
ok well they're up.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:31 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
anyone wanna bet the Bills have a better record than the Jets? lol
lets do it. addict write it up
Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
lets do it. addict write it up
actually the great jonathan vilma already took that one:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...3&postcount=40

but there's plenty other Bills fans, I'll put a challenge up similar to that one in your name.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we know who wears the pants on NFLDC (DC Never!). Anyone else taking on multiple bets?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Looks like we know who wears the pants on NFLDC (DC Never!). Anyone else taking on multiple bets?
BrownsTown has multiple going, but he'll only need to wear each sig for a week or two when he loses.

I'm mildly surprised so little vikes and packer bets have been placed. Giants and Cowboys fans have been quiet. I think there's much more bets coming up. This thread keeps me busy :D

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
BrownsTown has multiple going, but he'll only need to wear each sig for a week or two when he loses.
Haha. It's all or nothing for me. I'm going to live and die by my homerism.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha. It's all or nothing for me. I'm going to live and die by my homerism.
brave man, brave man.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Considering I have two going, I figure my sig bet with CJ should start as soon as the season is over and finish at the pro-bowl. That way it wouldn't clash with mine and BS's (even though the Panthers are teh suck anyway).

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Considering I have two going, I figure my sig bet with CJ should start as soon as the season is over and finish at the pro-bowl. That way it wouldn't clash with mine and BS's (even though the Panthers are teh suck anyway).
well that would work. You could also consider in case you lose both to just wear a sig that credits both CJ and BS. But that's for you guys to figure out.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone wanna make a college bet? any big east fans up to it? just for me? :D

also, Dam, wanna have a minor Peyton-Eli bet? loser wears a sig saying "The Better Manning"?

I'm by no means a Peyton hater, love the guy, just thought it'd be interesting and fun. idk what the terms would be though haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
anyone wanna make a college bet? any big east fans up to it? just for me? :D

also, Dam, wanna have a minor Peyton-Eli bet? loser wears a sig saying "The Better Manning"?

I'm by no means a Peyton hater, love the guy, just thought it'd be interesting and fun. idk what the terms would be though haha
hahaha well I'll put your challenges on the unanswered list...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

No idea what the terms would be here either, but it would be interesting to say the least.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
No idea what the terms would be here either, but it would be interesting to say the least.
If I can make a suggestion:

Decide on five categories: yards, int, td, QB rating and Completion %, the manning who wins most categories wins. Loser wears a sig that says ": the better Manning".

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I challenge Addict:

Matt Forte vs Kevin Smith

Best of 5: Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs, YPC

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I challenge Addict:

Matt Forte vs Kevin Smith

Best of 5: Rushing Yards, Rushing TDs, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs, YPC
You're on. Sig worn includes picture of winning runner & team logo. Worn end of season to TC.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill bet with any giants fan that the redskins win the first game of the season
Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
ill bet with any giants fan that the redskins win the first game of the season
added to open.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

I updated the first page, default player v. player thingy added.

Also: nobody made a DeShuan Jackson v. JordyZZZ bet yet? wut?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC