Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Draft thread

Just curious to see who you guys see as your top 5 prospects you want the Bengals to look at next year come round 1 and you're gonna be keeping an eye on them this college season.
Mine:
1. Rey Maualuga ILB
2. George Selvie DE/OLB
3. Phil Loadholt OT
4. Alex Mack/Jonathon Lugis C
5. Knowshon Moreno RB

Sleeper guys and homerism
1. Dicky Lyons Jr. WR
2. Tyler Roehl RB
3. Terrill Byrd DT
4. Maurice Crum Jr ILB
5. Kenny Mainor DE

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not much into college football but I'm going to be watching Lauranitis (sp) and Maualaga. We need a MLB of the future so freakin' bad.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a big Lauranitis fan. I like Rey a lot though. I really hope we look at some oline spots.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our top 5 needs in my opinion:

1) DT. If we're going to continue with the 4-3 defense we need a guy next to Peko. If we switch to a 3-4 defense we need to get rid of Peko because I don't think he's big enough.

2) MLB. We've sort of solidified our secondary over the last couple of years if everything works out. The biggest problem for us is our front 7 and our run defense. If DT is the biggest problem for us, then MLB is definitely second.

3) RT. If the rumors of us losing Stacy Andrews are true, and Willie doesn't own a time machine - then we basically have no future there. I'm sure one of our current players could move to RT, but then that just leaves a hole in another spot.

4) RB. I know every year we usually draft a RB, and if everyone was healthy it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. But Rudi and Kenny are getting old, and seem less and less reliable. And even if Chris Perry is healthy all year it doesn't mean he won't get injured later. I have high hopes for Dorsey to become a complimentary back for us, but thats still a long shot. Past him it seems we only have James Johnson, who looked decent in a scrimmage but then terrible in a preseason game.

5) DE. hopefully a healthy Odom does for us what he did in Tennessee, but we all know his strength was augmented by Haynesworth and Vandenbosch. And simply put, we don't have that kind of talent on our D-line. Geathers is a solid player, but I doubt he makes a pro-bowl anytime soon. Our depth at D-line always seems to have tons of potential but it never pans out. I'd like to see us draft a real DE stud out of college and not just some guy who has lots of potential.

At some point the draft we'll need to address center, FB and corner, but I don't think they're as pressing of needs as the above 5.

Anyways, I don't follow college very much outside of going to a UC game here and there so I cannot comment on who we need, but I certainly know what we need :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I know Willie doesnt own one but im 95% sure Carson is working on one...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Our top 5 needs in my opinion:

1) DT. If we're going to continue with the 4-3 defense we need a guy next to Peko. If we switch to a 3-4 defense we need to get rid of Peko because I don't think he's big enough.

2) MLB. We've sort of solidified our secondary over the last couple of years if everything works out. The biggest problem for us is our front 7 and our run defense. If DT is the biggest problem for us, then MLB is definitely second.

3) RT. If the rumors of us losing Stacy Andrews are true, and Willie doesn't own a time machine - then we basically have no future there. I'm sure one of our current players could move to RT, but then that just leaves a hole in another spot.

4) RB. I know every year we usually draft a RB, and if everyone was healthy it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. But Rudi and Kenny are getting old, and seem less and less reliable. And even if Chris Perry is healthy all year it doesn't mean he won't get injured later. I have high hopes for Dorsey to become a complimentary back for us, but thats still a long shot. Past him it seems we only have James Johnson, who looked decent in a scrimmage but then terrible in a preseason game.

5) DE. hopefully a healthy Odom does for us what he did in Tennessee, but we all know his strength was augmented by Haynesworth and Vandenbosch. And simply put, we don't have that kind of talent on our D-line. Geathers is a solid player, but I doubt he makes a pro-bowl anytime soon. Our depth at D-line always seems to have tons of potential but it never pans out. I'd like to see us draft a real DE stud out of college and not just some guy who has lots of potential.

At some point the draft we'll need to address center, FB and corner, but I don't think they're as pressing of needs as the above 5.

Anyways, I don't follow college very much outside of going to a UC game here and there so I cannot comment on who we need, but I certainly know what we need :)
Starting from number 5 on this list....

DE - I know that news sites and anything and everything is saying the Bengals will need to be looking at DE next season...I wanna ask why? We have Odom and Geathers...and the way Geathers has been looking I see no reason why he isnt going to make the Pro Bowl. I think he can. If you want to make the DE's better than get a high Quality DT. THen the line will do tremendous things.

RB- Chris Perry is going to be a Feature back. He is going to be healthy this year and he is going to put the whole "Bengals can't run" into the ground. He is going to be awesome! Now...alot of teams are doing dual backs now...the reason is to keep the main back fresh for as many years as possible. I say we could get another back...but not early. I dont see a need to go in the first round because Perry will be dynamic this year.

RT - yea we are going to have to get one. But drafting an RT in the first is kinda funky. LT's are first round stuff...but who knows. We will need one...because we all know Andrews wont be staying.

Gunna group MLB and DT together. WE NEED BOTH! So which do we get in the first round? I am thinking of where we will be picking in the draft that a top MLB is what we will most likely get. Which alone will boost our production. So what should we do in the draft?

our priority #1 is

DT & MLB are the #1

Oline and CB are #2 (we will be needing a nickel back)

RB is #3
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Starting from number 5 on this list....

DE - I know that news sites and anything and everything is saying the Bengals will need to be looking at DE next season...I wanna ask why? We have Odom and Geathers...and the way Geathers has been looking I see no reason why he isnt going to make the Pro Bowl. I think he can. If you want to make the DE's better than get a high Quality DT. THen the line will do tremendous things.

RB- Chris Perry is going to be a Feature back. He is going to be healthy this year and he is going to put the whole "Bengals can't run" into the ground. He is going to be awesome! Now...alot of teams are doing dual backs now...the reason is to keep the main back fresh for as many years as possible. I say we could get another back...but not early. I dont see a need to go in the first round because Perry will be dynamic this year.

RT - yea we are going to have to get one. But drafting an RT in the first is kinda funky. LT's are first round stuff...but who knows. We will need one...because we all know Andrews wont be staying.

Gunna group MLB and DT together. WE NEED BOTH! So which do we get in the first round? I am thinking of where we will be picking in the draft that a top MLB is what we will most likely get. Which alone will boost our production. So what should we do in the draft?

our priority #1 is

DT & MLB are the #1

Oline and CB are #2 (we will be needing a nickel back)

RB is #3
Well we can keep DE off the list if it would be more appealing to you. I personally think Odom and Geathers are both solid players, but neither of them are the pass rushing talent we need yet (yet being the keyword, because they have a year to prove me wrong before the 09 draft).

Even if you think Perry is the next best thing to run for us, how can trust his health? I'd be extremely mad if Perry was awesome all through out 08, then gets injured in 09 and we're back to no running game. I'm not suggesting we blow our 1st round pick on a RB (which is why its 4th on my list of priorities) but I wouldn't be upset with a mid-late second round pick or any third round pick.

I put RT at 3rd priority hoping we'd spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick, not necessarily a 1st. I think its pretty obvious the fans are not happy with our current center and our future at RT, and both need to be addressed at some point in the draft. If its easier for us to draft a center, since they usually don't get picked that early, and then kick one of our depth players out to RT (maybe Anothony Collins?) then thats fine too.

as far as MLB and DT go, this year we need to be aggressive for the best one we can get. I'm extremely happy with Keith Rivers, more so than if we had drafted Sedrick Ellis I think. But lets face it, we sat back and let the saints jump us for him - we cannot let that happen this year if the best player for our system is just a few picks away.

Also, does anyone have any info on next year's likely free agents? We have to many urgent needs to address them all in the draft. If we could get a good MLB or DT from FA it would make our draft decision that much easier.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havnt heard anything from Dorsey and Ellis. So I am extremely glad we got Rivers.

I think I have heard that the RB class wont be that great this year. I dont know if that is true...if it is...then we wont find anything in the 2nd...atleast nothing worth it.

Chris Perry will be the next greatest thing, and he will stay healthy. I mean seriously...how can you trust the health of any player ever????? Any player can go down any second. Carson went down bad in the playoffs...but were people saying we should draft a QB in the first? no. INjuries happen...and good players can bounce back from them. Perry will bounce back, and he will have a great year.

We may also have to look at WR this coming year again..
Old 08-23-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We absolutely 100% more than anything in the world need a future at MLB. At DT at least there's hope in Sims/Shirley, at MLB there's nothing. That's my reasoning for putting MLB first in what we need.

Unless you think Corey Mays is the heir apparent...
Old 08-23-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thought to Rivers playing MLB?
Old 08-23-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Rivers is natural at OLB and he is playing so great at OLB that I wouldnt want to move him. Jones is playing MLB right now...he isnt the greatest in the world...but he is smart and has drive at least. We need a long term fix. If we did move Rivers to MLB, we would need a OLB to replace him.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers could do it but I think it would be somewhat of a waste. We do need to draft one and it should be on day one this draft.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Well judging by tonites game, we should be in line for Maualuga come next April. Pick him up and in Rd 2 possibly Alex Boone or next best OT. And IMO look at Terrill Byrd in the later rounds at a DT. He is an explosive DT who can provide inside rush. last season, 56 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 8 sacks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I hope we dont play like that during the regular season...the oline was terrible.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well judging by tonites game, we should be in line for Maualuga come next April. Pick him up and in Rd 2 possibly Alex Boone or next best OT. And IMO look at Terrill Byrd in the later rounds at a DT. He is an explosive DT who can provide inside rush. last season, 56 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 8 sacks.
I played against Byrd. He's a stud but he's undersized. They have him listed at 290 but I'm willing to bet he's about 10lbs less than that. Still would be worth taking a flyer on because he's very athletic and stronger than an oxe. Could be a nice addition to the rotation in the pass rush department.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-31-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Okay, so its labor day weekend and im bored, so im gonna do a quick mock of how our 09 draft could look.

Round 1: Rey Maualuga ILB USC
Big hitter with great instincts who could really make an impact immediately along with former teammate Keith Rivers.

Round 2: Arian Foster RB Tennessee
Provides much needed depth at RB with the cut of Rudi. Chris Perry when healthy is great but he cannot carry the load and Kenny Watson and crew arent the best other options.

Round 3: Fenuki Tupou T Oregon
Depth at tackle is weak now without Willie and the resigning of Stacey Andrews unknown. OLine is a must and we need to shore it up this next offseason.

Round 4: Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
Big solid center who would almost automatically be an upgrade over our current group of centers. He is poised to have a great senior year.

Round 5: Terrill Byrd DT Cincinnati
DT with solid burst and good quickness, and can help get penetration in the middle and provide the inside pass rush we covet so much.

Round 6: D.J. Clark CB Idaho St
Big soild CB (6-2, 200) who could potentially work his way into the nickle spot after the release of Deltha and the David Jones experiment.

Round 7: Kenny Mainor DE Troy
If he is available late round, he would definitely be worth the risk. Coming from Troy, he is an undersized but speedy DE. Sound familiar? Osi and DeMarcus. Not saying is that kind of talent but you never just know.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I like that one... I think the needs go like this:

1. MLB - We have NO ONE for our future at MLB. You absolutely must have a solid MLB in my opinion to really guide your defense, we have no one like that. Lauranitis or Maualaga would be a home run.

2. RB - Watson is old, DeDe has fumblitis and isn't a feature back. Perry is, well, an injury risk. If anything he stays healthy and you have two good RB's. I think they can find a solid one in the 2nd-4th range.

3. OL - Either go with a Center or draft a guy that's versatile and can play both guard and tackle (see Whitworth and Andrews).

4. DT - We just drafted two young guys there, Peko is solid and locked up so it's not urgent IMO. Really hinges on progression of Shirley, after this year you have to think Thornton is done. It's either Sims or a FA next year, we still lack depth at DT.

5. OLB - Jeanty is an injury risk, Brandon Johnson is our only solid backup. We need depth and playmakers at LB in general.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I agree with the needs.
I tend to think OL and RB are more like 2a and 2b.
With OLB I was thinking more a long the lines of a converted DE since we are transitioning into the hybrid 4-3 3-4 defense.
Jason Williams from Western Illinois is a speedy OLB who could be a late rounder

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Wonder if we could move Brandon Johnson or Jeanty into the middle? Johnson has proven he's a versatile enough athlete. Jeanty is a thumper who could excel in the middle given the opp.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-31-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The thing is, if Jeanty goes to the middle who takes SLB? I'd just assume draft a MLB and leave Jeanty where he's used to.

I'd like to see Brandon Johnson on the field, Mays won't cut it if Jones gets hurt.

Man our LB situation is not good...
Old 09-01-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Rivers Completes 1/3rd of our Linebacker corp...we just gotta get the other 2/3rds. Just think if Odell wasnt an idiot and Pollack didnt get hurt. Think of the devastation they would cause.

Imagine the defense...a young strong defense...that would crush others offense.

Its a shame...the Bengals roster is starting to look like swiss cheese. We have doubt at the oline, WR, RB, Dline, Linebackers, Safeties, and to an extent the CB's...

I say our situation is the same though. Go for a Linebacker in the first. I say we should look at the oline in the second.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The thing is, if Jeanty goes to the middle who takes SLB? I'd just assume draft a MLB and leave Jeanty where he's used to.

I'd like to see Brandon Johnson on the field, Mays won't cut it if Jones gets hurt.

Man our LB situation is not good...
If Jeanty goes middle we'd put BJ at SLB. He has been seeing a lot of time this preseason there anyway.

And I also think we are in need of one more starting caliber LB not two. I like what I have seen from Jeanty and Brandon Johnson n if they can prove it during this season I'd be pretty confident in our LB corps. We do need a middle linebacker in the worst way though.

I am starting to like the cuts more and more as the days go by. The only one that I really hate is Willie.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-01-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
If Jeanty goes middle we'd put BJ at SLB. He has been seeing a lot of time this preseason there anyway.

And I also think we are in need of one more starting caliber LB not two. I like what I have seen from Jeanty and Brandon Johnson n if they can prove it during this season I'd be pretty confident in our LB corps. We do need a middle linebacker in the worst way though.

I am starting to like the cuts more and more as the days go by. The only one that I really hate is Willie.
The willie cut hits the heart...thats why I think everyone is like..."what happened" WIllie was here through all the bad times just like us...and we related to that...it is sad to see him go, but maybe it was for the best...I hope he doesnt end up with the steelers.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Just curious to see who you guys see as your top 5 prospects you want the Bengals to look at next year come round 1 and you're gonna be keeping an eye on them this college season.
Mine:
1. Rey Maualuga ILB
2. George Selvie DE/OLB
3. Phil Loadholt OT
4. Alex Mack/Jonathon Lugis C
5. Knowshon Moreno RB

Sleeper guys and homerism
1. Dicky Lyons Jr. WR
2. Tyler Roehl RB
3. Terrill Byrd DT
4. Maurice Crum Jr ILB
5. Kenny Mainor DE
Well, seeing as we should have a high pick...

1. Rey Maualuga, MLB
2. Aaron Curry, SLB (at least I believe he projects there)
3. Knowshon Moreno, RB
4. Beanie Wells, RB
5. Eugene Monroe, OT

In the second:

1. Alex Mack, C
2. Jonathan Lugis, C
3. Max Unger, OL
4. Marcus Freeman, WLB (puts Rivers on the strong side)
5. Ricky Jean-Francois, DL
twizbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Rivers does not need to be on the strong side. He is a prototypical WLB.

I really think we need to get Alex Mack. I'm not all that high on Luigs.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165