Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Rivers does not need to be on the strong side. He is a prototypical WLB.

I really think we need to get Alex Mack. I'm not all that high on Luigs.
Don't think he needs to be, but if we were to pick up Freeman, I think Rivers would still be good for us on the strong side while allowing Freeman to excell on the weak side. All that was meant to imply.
twizbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be a waste of Rivers' talents IMO but I get what you mean.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Quote:
Would be a waste of Rivers' talents IMO but I get what you mean.
Really, Freeman could work out as a strong side LB in the pros as well imo, but I'm no expert and all of them say he's a WLB. Ah well.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are so many different directions this team can go in it's crazy. MLB, RB, and OT could all be round one picks. Holy crap do we have holes to fill and who knows what the status of our FA's is going to be.

Could we please get someone who can return of f*cking kickoff or punt please ??
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two scenarios I have become fond of:
Round One:
Rey Rey
Round Two:
James Davis/Arian Foster

Round One:
Knowshon Moreno
Round Two:
Jasper Brinkley

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I have two scenarios I have become fond of:
Round One:
Rey Rey
Round Two:
James Davis/Arian Foster

Round One:
Knowshon Moreno
Round Two:
Jasper Brinkley
If we get Davis and not Foster then ok. Personally though I can't see us avoiding the O-line the first day.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a LB first round, pretty much all I want.

I don't see why we should go for a first round RB, they can be had in the 2nd/3rd round and still be plenty productive.

We need a MLB of the future so bad I can't see straight. Once we get a very solid MLB, there's not much to stop us from having a damn good defense.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 09-18-2008 at 01:29 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I want a LB first round, pretty much all I want.

I don't see why we should go for a first round RB, they can be had in the 2nd/3rd round and still be plenty productive.

We need a MLB of the future so bad I can't see straight. Once we get a very solid MLB, there's not much to stop us from having a damn good defense.
I wouldn't mind us waiting til the 4th or 5th, there's some good potential RB's sitting in those rounds right now. I just wanna see some OL and LB picks.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

There's actually two late round RB's that interest me: Rashard Jennings from Liberty, and Javarris Williams of Tennessee State.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I want a MLB so bad I can't stand it. If I have to watch Dhani get turned into another rookie QB's B*TCH, I think I will vomit. The thing is, I'm curious how long they are going to wait to get some of our young DT's some playing time ?? Sims, Shirley, and Harris all need to get their reps. I don't want to see them getting their first action the first game of next year. If Thronton leaves (please God) we will need at least one more DT later on.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They def need to keep Thornton if the price is right just cuz he's such a great locker room presence and role model for the younger players. I do agree, however, that they need to rotate the new guys in some. I would especially like to see Shirley in there a little bit since Sims seems to be nicked up.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-19-2008, 09:11 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Thornton costs to much for what we are getting in return. Hell, if presence and role models are the concern, Willie should still be here... (I know you aren't arguing that point though) If we can get him at a reduced price, ok. If not, he's just not worth it as he brings very little to the middle of the D-line IMO...

What happened to Harris anyway ?? He was a beast at Miami and has bounced around a few teams.
These youngsters need to get in there !!!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They def need to keep Thornton if the price is right just cuz he's such a great locker room presence and role model for the younger players. I do agree, however, that they need to rotate the new guys in some. I would especially like to see Shirley in there a little bit since Sims seems to be nicked up.
I can't disagree with you more when it comes to Thornton.

I agree with our DT's other than the drafting another one part. Even if we draft one he won't see time next year.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

Default Your opinion on the draft and our needs...

I think we will be in the top 10 this year, it sucks but that's what it looks like.

I think we need to drop Levi Jones. He's just dropped off bigtime and shouls not be on the team. He can be moody as well and wants traded whenever he's unhappy. On that note we then need to do something with the line. I think we have some flexibility there though. If we do drop Levi, not resign Stacey, and also get rid of Guysuck like I want then we have 3 positions that need filled.

LT: Whitworth or a draft pick
LG:Whitworth or a draft pick
C: Depends greatly if there is value for a Center where we pick obviously, and keep guysuck as a backup.
RG: Bobbie Williams
RT: Collins

Where do you think Collins best position is? He's only at about 317 lbs last I checked, does he have value as a pulling guard? I almost think Whit's best position would be RT and not LT. Do you think Guysuck has value as a pulling Guard or no? Wasn't he actually a Guard in college? I doubt we overpay for a FA OL either.

P.S.
I know this post is a little scattered but there are so many questions there along the line and so many possibilities as well.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I don't know a ton about Collins but he I think his best position is probably LT though I could be way off on that. Regardless, He is definitely a tackle. I'd like to put him in at Left if Levi doesn't step his game up, keep Whit at LG, Guychick/Draft Pick at Center, Williams at RG, and hopefully Stacey at RT.

If we don't resign Stacey I think we should move Whit to RT and draft a LG such as Duke Robinson.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-22-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

We can't have enough good people on this team. That said, I did explain that it would need to be at the right price(meaning he would have to take a paycut). I'd rather keep him than DJax at this point. Everyone jumps all over JT's ass when in reality he is a decent player. He did not come quite as advertised but that is the nature of the beast in the NFL.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 09-22-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We can't have enough good people on this team. That said, I did explain that it would need to be at the right price(meaning he would have to take a paycut). I'd rather keep him than DJax at this point. Everyone jumps all over JT's ass when in reality he is a decent player. He did not come quite as advertised but that is the nature of the beast in the NFL.
The fact that he doesn't perform as he did in Tennessee, isn't even that much of a problem. He is such a positive role model for the younger players on the team, which is one thing we need more of. The team especially needs to get its players, young and old alike, on the right track and have them focus solely on football. We cannot afford to have any more off field incidents and I'm not saying that we will. But the fact is that Thorton fills that "leadership" role, even if it is off the field. That is where his true value is.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

I'm sorry but I still disagree with you. Why can't you have good players also be the role models? I don't want him on the team taking a roster spot from someone who can play on the field better than him. He has done nothing on the field to make me think otherwise since he's been here. He should have been cut this year but he has the coaches son thing going for him or something. Peko can mentor just as much as JT can. This is no longer a team of criminals and it's not like JT did anything to say he kept players out of trouble anyway. I want players learning the right way to make a team and not the JT way.

Right way: play your ass off on the field and make plays
Wrong way: act as a mentor to young player but suck on the field

Next year we will have Sims, Peko, and Shirley who should all be ready to play. That leaves one spot and it should be anybody other than JT. I'd prefer we get a Haynseworth but we know how likely that is.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Thats the thing we still don't have someone to take a roster spot from him. He's a proven solid veteran and until some of these younger guys step up and prove they can even get on the field its hard to let him go. I would be all for letting him go if Sims and/or Shirley can make some plays this year but I'm pretty sure I saw Orien Harris on the field last week and have yet to see either of those two.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

League minimum salary for 10 year vet is 820k/yr
League minimum salary for a 1 year vet 360kk/yr

Thornton is probably going to want more than the minimum.
You will get the same production from Orien Harris as you do Thornton given the playing time.

I hope this discussion is a mute point because I actually want Haynseworth brought in :)

Peko, Shirley, Sims, and Haynseworth rotating at DT would be nice.

P.S. Shirley is a raw rookie who won't do much this year, we know that and knew that coming in, no surprise. Sims had turf toe and we'll start to see him more and more I think.

Last edited by lost33cause : 09-23-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Just offer him that minimum then. If he doesn't want it fine let him go. I also have a hard time believing Orien Harris is going to give you the same production when he's been on what 4-5 teams since being drafted?

If Haynesworth happened it would matter who played DT next to him. IMO he's the best defensive player in the NFL when he wants to be. Last year he shoulda been DPOY instead of Bob Sanders.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

Why do you guys think our only weakness on the line is Center? Levi has gone way down hill and Stacey will be gone because he's simply not worth the money.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently, every OL position is strong except for center. Ghiaciuc brings the whole OL down because he cant make the right calls or block. Regardless of how far Levi has gone downhill, he's still a halfway decent LT. He can manage, but the sh*tty play we get from Ghiaciuc ruins everything. I'd love to see a premier center (i.e., Alex Mack) come in and take Ghiaciuc's spot right of the bat next year.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Big Board

This is my current big board based on need and who I think would best help us and depending on when we draft

Round 1
1.) Rey Maualuga ILB USC
2.) Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
3a.) Aaron Curry OLB Wake
3b.) Alex Mack C Cal
4.) Brian Orakapo DE Texas
5.) Knowshon Moreno RB
6.) Chris Wells RB OSU
7.) Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma
8.) Tyson Jackson DE LSU
9.) Dannell Ellerbe ILB UGA
10.) Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

Round 2
1a.) Clint Sintim OLB Virginia
1b.) Jonathon Luigs C Arkansas
2.) Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
3.) Jasper Brinkley ILB SC
4.) Andre Brown RB NCST
5.) Josh Mauga ILB Nevada

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 10-06-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost33cause View Post
Why do you guys think our only weakness on the line is Center? Levi has gone way down hill and Stacey will be gone because he's simply not worth the money.
Levi had a bad game but he's still a good player and he has been fine ever since as far as I have seen. I do agree he needs to go but I wouldn't say hes a complete weakness.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165