Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi hasnt been the same since his injury. Given more time I think he will be back. Stacey will be gone and Collins will step up. Or we draft Oher

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While Levi is nowhere near the elite LT he once was, I think he's at least adequate... Not to mention we've got him signed for a few more years (i think anyway). That female we have at center is dragging us down hard. I miss Rich Braham so much.

In terms of needs I'd like to see us go...
1. MLB
2. C
3. RB

I think Dhani is doing fine but he's a dinosaur that'll need to be replaced eventually. Every good defense just about has a good MLB directing things. A good center makes us way better on offense IMO. If Collins develops he can shift things around on the line. Given how bad they've been I think they have to re-sign Andrews.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A new Center drafted will be a step down from a 4 yr veteran in Guichac IMO. Braham was far from a polished Center when we got him. He was drafted by Philly as a Guard and cut and we made him into a Center. I know Guichac has had problems, but I still think he'll be ok. With that said, I would not be against taking one in Rd 2 if one of the top 2 are still there. We also have Kyle Cook and Dan Santucci on the roster/prac. squad so they must like them too. I want a LT in Rd 1
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
A new Center drafted will be a step down from a 4 yr veteran in Guichac IMO. Braham was far from a polished Center when we got him. He was drafted by Philly as a Guard and cut and we made him into a Center. I know Guichac has had problems, but I still think he'll be ok. With that said, I would not be against taking one in Rd 2 if one of the top 2 are still there. We also have Kyle Cook and Dan Santucci on the roster/prac. squad so they must like them too. I want a LT in Rd 1
wow....ummm no...a new Center would not be a step down from Guichac. have you watched him play this season? If they recorded OL stats for how many times you get knocked down and someone gets by you, Guichac would lead the league.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A better question, although a laughable one might be to ask who could we possibly target in free agency ??

If we could add even ONE impact free agent, our draft could take on a different approach. This is not saying these players would leave their current team and then there is always getting tagged to consider, but you get my point.

I'm sure with the philosophy of building through the draft, it makes adding a big name, big dollar contract less likely, but for how young this team is, it sure couldn't hurt...

That being said, who the hell would want to come to this team ??
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was playing around with some mock draft scenarios, and I was stumped as to who to give Cincy if they had the #1 overall pick. I was thinking Oher, and maybe Rey... but Im not completely sure. You guys know your team better than I do so what do you think?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it is #1 overall I would have to lean towards Oher. Unless Rey has a stellar combine I would have to lean towards Oher in that scenario...or trade down for a few more picks.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post

That being said, who the hell would want to come to this team ??
Someone who realizes that this team, as bad as they are now, has a young & hungry defense who has held its own with some really good teams. And an offense that is on the verge of clicking, just an OLineman away.
If a DT stud came on board and we draft a C and MLB we could contend for the division IMO.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see the Bengals trade one of our old receivers...tj or cj...possibly get a late 1st round for them. Then we can draft our MLB with our first pick and then take a C later in the 1st. Or possibly go LT and C... All possibilities. I think we should trade TJ though and get something for him. I hear SF is interested in him.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Id offer them Chad and resign TJ. He has proven he is more important to the team than Chad. Groom Simpson or Caldwell to take over.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Maualuga is available when we pick, we have to take him. End of story. He is easily one of the best, if not the best, MLB in this draft and with him and Rivers together again, we will destroy people. Not say that C/OT isn't important, but MLB is our greatest need by far. After MLB, C is probably the biggest spot to fill. Ghiaciuc is just plain awful and needs to go.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
wow....ummm no...a new Center would not be a step down from Guichac. have you watched him play this season? If they recorded OL stats for how many times you get knocked down and someone gets by you, Guichac would lead the league.
I know he's looked bad at times, but show me a rookie Center that comes in and starts and I'll show you the about 1 every 5 yrs. For that reason, I say we stick with EG BUT as I mentioned, if we could get Luigs or Mack in Rd 2, I would love to do so.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know he's looked bad at times, but show me a rookie Center that comes in and starts and I'll show you the about 1 every 5 yrs. For that reason, I say we stick with EG BUT as I mentioned, if we could get Luigs or Mack in Rd 2, I would love to do so.
By "times" do you mean "most of the time" or "always?" Granted he has done better in the last 2 games than earlier than in the season, but he still blows. Please god, give us Alex Mack.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Id take my chances with someone who could at least hold their own. Give me a guy who might f' up but does it going 100 MPH than some one who likes looking at the pretty clouds everyother play

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ is a better receiver than Housh, hands down. But assuming we'd get either receiver's actual value in a trade I'd rather see CJ go (and no, I don't hate him or anything - its just that we don't really have any receivers as physical as Housh on the depth chart).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Someone who realizes that this team, as bad as they are now, has a young & hungry defense who has held its own with some really good teams. And an offense that is on the verge of clicking, just an OLineman away.
If a DT stud came on board and we draft a C and MLB we could contend for the division IMO.
I don't mean from a "potential" standpoint here. I agree the defense is coming on, but I still won't be on their nuts just yet. This team hasn't had a good, check that, mediocre D-line in over 10 years. The offense has a ton of questions that I think are oversimplified by using the standby of the O-line. I'm not saying the O-line doesn't need a couple new guys, but that is just "part" of it. The running game blows (I want to see more Benson). The WR's aren't cutting it. Palmer even when he has time has looked a little off. While I will admit the o-line plays into all of that, there's more to it than what ESPN likes to comment on.

What I was referring to is the ownership of this team. I guess I should have clarified and said: Who the hell would want to play for Mike Brown ??

Say what you will, the guy is an assclown and nobody can say anything to change my opinion on that...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
I don't mean from a "potential" standpoint here. I agree the defense is coming on, but I still won't be on their nuts just yet. This team hasn't had a good, check that, mediocre D-line in over 10 years. The offense has a ton of questions that I think are oversimplified by using the standby of the O-line. I'm not saying the O-line doesn't need a couple new guys, but that is just "part" of it. The running game blows (I want to see more Benson). The WR's aren't cutting it. Palmer even when he has time has looked a little off. While I will admit the o-line plays into all of that, there's more to it than what ESPN likes to comment on.

What I was referring to is the ownership of this team. I guess I should have clarified and said: Who the hell would want to play for Mike Brown ??

Say what you will, the guy is an assclown and nobody can say anything to change my opinion on that...
I think there are a lot of owners who are assclowns and people still play for them (and no, I'm not just talking about Al Davis). There are plenty of organizations that haven't won anything significant recently that still have plenty of good players.

People are blaming Mike Brown "to much" in recent history and its a little mind boggling. I'm not saying he's not at fault, but hey he didn't lose the game against Dallas last week. He didn't hurt Palmer the week before when we played an 0-3 team. He didn't kick a game winning field goal against us in OT when we lost against the giants. He didn't control the weather in week 2 when the titans slaughtered us. And lastly he wasn't the one who posted a career low passer rating (somwhere in the 30's) in week 1 either.

We have a team capable of winning. And while Mike Brown might be part of the reason we haven't won a game this season, a lot of lies on the coaching staff and the players.

For me it's just to easy of an excuse to put it all on Mike.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Mike Brown ultimately controls what does and doesn't happen to this franchise. (i.e., who we pick up via free agency/draft, trades, etc.) No, he didn't lose all those games, but he also doesn't help by being a financial tightass all the time. There are plenty of owners who will do anything to see their team win [hopefully the SB] and Mike Brown is not one of those owners. He is in this strictly for the monetary gain he gets by simply owning the team, not to win. If he wanted to win, he would be more willing to spend to get what we need in order to do so (i.e., a GM, stud players, etc.)
Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Mike Brown is a greedy f*ck who is more worried about his bottomline than ANYTHING else. Football is a hobby to him. Last time I checked we haven't won a playoff game in more years than I care to recall. Mike Brown deserves more blame than most put on him.

Everyone talks about how crazy Al Davis is, but Oakland has at least WON a Superbowl. Mike Brown NEVER gets bashed in the media and is no better in my estimation. I just choose not to make apologies for a guy getting very rich off this team and its fans with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR HIS EFFORTS.

Hell, even a BLIND squirrel finds a nut every now and then...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Trying to get this back to a draft oriented talk......

Top players for us by position (needed positions):

RB - Knowshon Moreno - Personally, I was thinking Chris Wells but with Benson joining the team and Perry's fumble issues, I am leaning more towards the explosive back who will make more BIG PLAYS.

ILB - Rey Maualuga - Top 5 senior player easily. Big hitter and a good tackler. JL doesnt really fit our defense unless we switch to a Tampa 2 which is unlikely.

OT - Andre Smith - I like him more than Oher but not many others do. I see him as a true mauler and could be a leader down the road. He could step in at RT and start right away IMO. He could even learn LT if we keep Levi for now and want to phase Smith in.

DE - Tyson Jackson - I know he projects as a 3-4 DE but I think he could be very helpful since we are trying to run a hybrid defense and he could slide inside on certain downs and then out for the 3-4 look if need be.

C - Alex Mack - Smart, powerful off the line and can hold his own against bigger blockers. Everything Guycheck isnt. Enough said?

OLB - Aaron Curry - Best OLB in the class. He could compliment Rivers on the other side very well and we might end up with the best OLB combo. I wasn't sure here because I also think Clint Sintim is very very good but has bad team syndrome.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-10-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Trying to get this back to a draft oriented talk......

Top players for us by position (needed positions):

RB - Knowshon Moreno - Personally, I was thinking Chris Wells but with Benson joining the team and Perry's fumble issues, I am leaning more towards the explosive back who will make more BIG PLAYS.

ILB - Rey Maualuga - Top 5 senior player easily. Big hitter and a good tackler. JL doesnt really fit our defense unless we switch to a Tampa 2 which is unlikely.

OT - Andre Smith - I like him more than Oher but not many others do. I see him as a true mauler and could be a leader down the road. He could step in at RT and start right away IMO. He could even learn LT if we keep Levi for now and want to phase Smith in.

DE - Tyson Jackson - I know he projects as a 3-4 DE but I think he could be very helpful since we are trying to run a hybrid defense and he could slide inside on certain downs and then out for the 3-4 look if need be.

C - Alex Mack - Smart, powerful off the line and can hold his own against bigger blockers. Everything Guycheck isnt. Enough said?

OLB - Aaron Curry - Best OLB in the class. He could compliment Rivers on the other side very well and we might end up with the best OLB combo. I wasn't sure here because I also think Clint Sintim is very very good but has bad team syndrome.
Aaron Curry is a beast and I think could help the team alot.

Alex Mack will be a late 1st early 2nd prospect right now...hopefully he becomes an early second adn we are able to get him

I see no reason why we would spend a 1st round pick on a 3-4 DE unless we were switching to a 3-4.

Smith has more potential than Oher, but Oher is better now.

Maulagualaalallalala would be able to step up immediately and be an improvement for our team at MLB.

Moreno will be a good back, but I dont want us to spend a top 10 pick on a Runningback when we have bigger problems. A good trench can make a crappy running game better.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Depending on how the rest of the season goes, I would go with Smith over Oher. Mainly because Smith can help us 2 ways, he could move in to the Guard spot and Whitworth could move out to tackle, who didnt look too bad when he did play there. Or as I would prefer it, he plays tackle and Whitworth stays at G. He gives us more flexibility like when we had Steiny.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Best possible scenario IMO:
1. Maualuga/Oher/Smith
2. Mack/Brinkley
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Best possible scenario IMO:
1. Maualuga/Oher/Smith
2. Mack/Brinkley
Yea I am praying on Mack in the second right now.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Me too. If we keep going down the road we're going, we could possibly get Rey Rey and Mack, if he stays on the board 'til the 2nd. That would be ideal of course.