Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the past 2 weeks, Ive decided we need to trade Chad, pick up a first rd pick and get Orkapo in stripes. That is all.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orakpo reminds me a lot of DeMarcus Ware for some reason. He would be a great addition to the defense.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if Orakpo would work in our scheme. Seems like more of a 3-4 OLB to me but we could be going in that direction so who knows. Seems like more of a workout warrior to me as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
After watching the past 2 weeks, Ive decided we need to trade Chad, pick up a first rd pick and get Orkapo in stripes. That is all.
not sure about Orakapo...but def trade chad...
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Seems like more of a workout warrior to me as well.
There's no questioning his work ethic. He seems like a very versatile player so maybe he could fit into our system. An area he could help us in defensively is pass rush. He's great at creating pressure.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Best OT in the top of the first
Best Center in the top of the second
Spikes, MLB from Florida with pick from trading Chad in the second
Best Guard in the top of the third

Anything else after that would be icing...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post

I would hope we could more than a second for chad...if Williams was worth a 1 3rd and 6th.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I would hope we could more than a second for chad...if Williams was worth a 1 3rd and 6th.
Chad is easily worth more than a mid-to-late 2nd. But I guess that all depends on who wants him..
Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post

No to the MLB from florida. I wanted the last 2 LBs from florida and we see how they turned out. I'm not falling for them again...Brinkley over Spikes.
If the value for Orakpo is there, we should take him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

My dream draft updated: (explanations too!)
Trade Chad predraft for around what Dallas gave for Roy. (Lets say a first, 2nd) and it becomes a mid first

Round 1:
a. Brian Orakpo DE/OLB Texas - Such a freak athlete he can play either position. Can rush the QB AND play the run very well. He dominated Loadholt through much of the game. He was constantly after Daniel in the Mizzou game. Non-Stop motor, from most video Ive seen he is a very smart man. I never saw him get penalties.

b. Andre Smith OT Alabama - What hasnt been said? The guy has shut most doubters mouths about not playing LT in the pros. Solid pass pro and incredible run mauler, not blocker, mauler. Him and Whitworth on the Left side could prove most intriguing...

Round 2:
a.Clint Sintim OLB Virginia - He has been playing very very well for a team that has struggled a lot but has turned it around. He is very talented and should prove to be a big up grade over Jeanty who is a good talent as a back up IMO.

b. Antoine Caldwell C Alabama - Along side with Smith, he has been a terror for DLine coaches clearing the left side of the line and opening huge holes. BIG time upgrade over Guywhofallsovereverysnap.

Round 3:
Kory Sheets RB Purdue - Having a very good year this year and showed moments of extreme burst and strength. Could provide depth at an unsure position for us. Benson looks good but Perry is iffy until he can hold onto the rock.

Round 4:
Terrill Byrd DT Cincinnati - Very good at getting inside pressure. Could provide needed depth and talent at the position. I like Sims, Peko but havent seen Shirley enough and we dont have much else. Orien Harris but nothing to write home about.

Round 5:
Maurice Crum, Jr. MLB Notre Dame - Solid linebacker who would provide an immediate update at MLB depth. He is a very smart player who could be serviceable player until we can find our true big time MLB.

Round 6:
Kenny Mainor DE Troy - Could play OLB for us in 3-4 packages or DE on passing downs. He is from the school that produced pass rush extrodinaires in DeMarcus Ware and Osi. Lightning strike thrice?

Round 7:
Kevin Huber P Cincinnati - Larson has been subpar at best and hasnt impressed much lately.

UDFA:
Tony Dixon RB UK - Talented back who could be solid in the pros if given a chance with the right system.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 10-21-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After looking into Orakpo some more, I am very impressed with him. He can definitely play end in a 4-3.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Rey Rey or Orakpo? Any votes?
Im still undecided. I havent seen enough of Rey play

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-21-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Part of me would rather take Orakpo over Maualuga simply because of what he could add to the pass rush. We desperately need a MLB, but you can't go wrong with a great athlete such as Orakpo on the end. Not to mention, he is a freak athlete, on the field and in the weight room. And from what I've been hearing, Maualuga isn't as complete of a player as we may have thought. Not that he's not good, but some areas of his game could be improved upon.

As of right now, I think I would rather have Orakpo. We could possibly get Brinkley in the 2nd to fill the void at MLB?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I wouldn't be mad if we got Rey but I am definitely not very high on him. I'd take Orakpo over Maualuga in a second.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ok then, Ima gonna change the draft I made. When is Ray Lewis a FA? I know he has mentioned in the past about working with Marvin again

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has us taking Wells, I would barf if that happened. Give me someone to rush the passer or actually block for our RB's first.

I'm on the Orakpo bandwagon.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 10-22-2008 at 04:51 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Thats a terrible call on Scott's part. Though I usually agree with him I cant this time. Our RB's arent that bad, but our OLINE is. We wouldnt pass on Orakpo, Rey or Oher for Chris Wells. Another RB with injury concerns? PASS.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'm on the Orakpo bandwagon.
You and me both. He could add so much to our defense (pass rush) and would take some of the pressure off of the 2nd and 3rd level players. As it is now, we have virtually no pass rush, making it that much easier for teams to be effective against our young defense. Orakpo could for us what Ware is for the Cowboys or what Williams is for the Texans. He would be a goldmine for us IMO.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I am not a fan of Beanie Wells at all. I am not opposed to a running back so long as they are not named Beanie.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-22-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given where we'll be drafting and the talent at RB I'm completely against a RB round 1.

Our biggest needs are EASILY...

-Getting to the passer
-Blocking for the RB

If we could get a premiere pass rusher in the 1st and a Center in round 2 I'd be pretty happy. Then go OT in the 3rd and work from there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Depth at OT/C are much greater than DE in this Draft

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-23-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Given where we'll be drafting and the talent at RB I'm completely against a RB round 1.

Our biggest needs are EASILY...

-Getting to the passer
-Blocking for the RB

If we could get a premiere pass rusher in the 1st and a Center in round 2 I'd be pretty happy. Then go OT in the 3rd and work from there.
Agree with everything said here. We can't completely abandon trying to improve the defense.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Agree with everything said here. We can't completely abandon trying to improve the defense.
The Titans are playing well and they dont have an offense...so defense can win it for you!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
The Titans are playing well and they dont have an offense...so defense can win it for you!
See: Ravens, 2000 Baltimore

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...am_rich00.html

The future at tackle for us? lol.
Dave's nephew is looking good from what I hear. Unfortunately he is only a Soph.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack