Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a coup for the Saints if they come out of the Draft with Glenn Dorsey to add to their defensive line. As long as they don't give up next year's first, it's worth it imo.

Dorsey elevates an entire defense.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What a coup for the Saints if they come out of the Draft with Glenn Dorsey to add to their defensive line. As long as they don't give up next year's first, it's worth it imo.

Dorsey elevates an entire defense.
Dorsey with freeing up Will Smith, Charles Grant & Bobby McCray?

Oh my.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be a good season for sure :D

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Looks like the 2nd pick is decided

NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that the St. Louis Rams will select Virginia defensive end Chris Long with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Am I the only one of Saints fans here that would be a *little* concerned with Jeremy Shockey joining the Black and Gold?
As long as he comes back 100% I will be ok with it. I think he will be happy because we will use him allot more as a reciever than the G-MEN did.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my prediciton:

Fins: Long
Rams: Long
Atl: Ryan
Oak: McFadden
KC: trade with NO: Dorsey
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

That would make my weekend. I might just go online an order his jersey tonight if that happened :D

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

The time is right. We have to make a move right now! :)

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Well, looks like no Dorsey for us. Hopefully we can get Ellis though.

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We tried at least.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-26-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

We Got Ellis~!!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Exclamation

New Orleans Saints selection:
1st round, 7th overall
Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

New Orleans gave up 1st and 3rd.
New England gave up 1st and 5th.

Next pick: 2nd, round, 40th overall.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 04-26-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, excellent trade for the Saints to get Sed Ellis.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

We got a GREAT deal. Still have our 2nd rounder :D

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Yeah, the Pats were so desperate to move down they took pennies on the dollar for 7..I didn't expect them to throw in a pick as well as the 7th pick.

Great deal for the Saints. We got our 2nd choice after Dorsey and all we relaly gave up was a 3rd round pick. This makes me happy.

Now..which way to do we go in the 2nd? Cornerback? Safety? Maybe that shockey trade is still on?

This is interesting.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Man, there looks to be some GOOD players available at 40. Screw Shockey.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I made a mistake... and please correct me if I am wrong... but the Saints swapped first rounders and gave up a third rounder to the Patriots, who gave up a fifth rounder...?

Sorry, the ESPN character graphic had it wrong... :(

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 04-26-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

We might be able to choose from all the tight ends at #40 :) Why trade for Shockey?

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
So, I made a mistake... and please correct me if I am wrong... but the Saints swapped first rounders and gave up a third rounder to the Patriots, who gave up a fifth rounder...?

Sorry, the ESPN character graphic had it wrong... :?
You are correct. Here are our picks right now.

#7 Sedrick Ellis

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad the Jets just took the number one tight end on my board, Dustin Keller...

But I don't disagree with Sveen, we should stay put and get someone at 40.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Dan Connor, Curtis Lofton, DeSean Jackson or Tyrell Johnson at 40. Make it happen!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

People were talking about us taking DeSean Jackson after trading down in the 1st. Do we take him or Sweed at #40?

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is has been a weird draft.

Didn't expect Flacco, Sam Baker, Lawrence Jackson or Duane Brown in the first.

No WRs in the first. When was the last time that happened? Donnie Avery as the first WR taken? Jordy Nelson as the 3rd WR?

What do we do now? Dan Connor? Tyrell Johnson? Cliff Avril? Or do we go corner?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Last time there were no wideouts in the first was in 1990 according to ESPN.

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

New Orleans Saints selection:
2nd round, 40th overall
Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana

Next pick: 5nd, round, 146th overall.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 04-26-2008 at 06:24 PM.