Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trusting in Gramatica is just ******** imo. I think Melhaff was a great pick in the round of where he was picked.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Trusting in Gramatica is just ******** imo. I think Melhaff was a great pick in the round of where he was picked.
I agree im ready to start new at the K position. The kid has a good leg and is very accurate. His mechanics are a bit off but as long as we get 3 points I dont care how he kicks. I hope to see him starting.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
If you guys cost us getting Ellis I will forever despise the Saints.
I called that at the very, very beginning. Lawlz.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 08-23-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft thread

New season, new upcoming Draft for the Saints. Discuss.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really satisfied with this draft, I thought our biggest needs were defensive playmakers, and a big mauler on the offensive line. I think Nicks can play either of our spots that should be up for grabs (The LG, and the RT spot).

Ellis is tremendous, he's the best DT prospect in just about any draft that doesn't include Glen Dorsey, and even then he's still close.

I liked what we did with our late round picks, but I really thought we should have made a move to snag Dan Connor somewhere in the late second or early third round, but I bet they thought Dan Morgan would play.

The 06 draft was obviously tremendous with us, but last year I was pretty disappointed, this year I'm very happy with the moves we made, and I'm really excited about the youth on this team, and how good we can be immediately.

If Porter or Young really steps up, we will be tough to beat.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At present, I see us trading down out of the first round. With only a 1st, 4th and 7th round pick we need to add some. If we could drop a few spots and get a great value of a CB or LB and pick up a 3rd or 2nd round pick, I think that would be great. Of course, I must admit, it is still real early and anything can happen.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind if we did some trading down. I'd like to add another linebacker on the outside, and I'd really like to nab Herman Johnson from LSU.

Hopefully there will be takers for the last pick of the first round ;)
Old 08-28-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

The reason I don't mind the Shockey trade is that I would think we would be looking at a TE in round 2 anyway... can we really ever hope to draft a TE like Shockey in round 2?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also agree that we have to trade down. With just three picks left I don't see any other good option, unless no one wants to trade up of course...

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Saints dudes -- Whats the deal with Montrea Holland? I know he started out as a saint?

Is this guy decent? Starting Caliber? Loser? what is his story?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

He was a pretty solid starter here for a while. Good run blocker.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats all depended on who is available at the time we draft, which i'm predicting to be 24th -30th.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

What do yall think of Aaron Curry from Wake Forest?

Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we can get him, might be one of the few players that might make it tempting to actually hold on to our first round pick, i really feel we should go olb if there is value to be gotten there.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I'm hoping the pick is on the defensive side. An athletic OLB to replace Shanle or even another young corner to get ready to groom after McKenzie is done would be fine with me. Or a young safety to team with Roman Harper.

But, if we happen to go offense... I'm wanting a RT to replace Stinchcomb (I have a feeling Nicks will be starting at LG next season). But, if we do go WR (don't be surprise with us) then - give me Michael Crabtree.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Curry is starting to grow on me and Cushing from USC made me cream myself watching him and picturing him in Saints uni.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Tampa Bay W 24-20
Washington L 24-29
Denver L 32-34
San Francisco W 31-17
Minnesota L 27-30

I don't think you should have to score 35 points a game to be a winning team. A play-maker on defense would make us that. I so hope we draft a bad-ass linebacker.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Countown Members Mock Draft: Saints War Room

For those of you that have seen this in the Fantasy thread, it is a very detailed member mock that involves a lot of cooperation. Diabsoule volunteered as the Saints GM and he needs assistance of more saints members to make the right decisions. I already volunteered as a scout and in this war room we shall be able to divert the best strategy although we do of course dont want to give away our final draft strategy.
We have already identified three primary needs in:
Safety
Outside Linebacker
Offensive Linemen (pref Tackles)

every input will be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Count me in, and I agree that those are the primary needs at this point. Also, if we could grab a center somewhere, and a space eater at DT later on, that would be really nice.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are they allowing trades?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Are they allowing trades?
Yes and since it only is a two round draft we gonna need to trade some if there isnt anything great on the board imo, Of course we do need good value for our trades but just keeping our first and selecting someone will at least be lame
Old 10-15-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I think replacing Kaesviharn should be priority #1. He's not terrible but we could really get a lot better.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a stud OLB should definitly be the way to go. Also Zach Streif really impressed me is there any way he could push Stinchcomb for his job? A stud safety could also help.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:40 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
At present, I see us trading down out of the first round. With only a 1st, 4th and 7th round pick we need to add some. If we could drop a few spots and get a great value of a CB or LB and pick up a 3rd or 2nd round pick, I think that would be great. Of course, I must admit, it is still real early and anything can happen.
where has our third rounder gone then, I cant find us trading that one away anywhere?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
where has our third rounder gone then, I cant find us trading that one away anywhere?
Wasn't there a clause in the Vilma trade wherby the Jets could get our third rounder?