Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Wasn't there a clause in the Vilma trade wherby the Jets could get our third rounder?
Not entirely sure, Have been looking for that trade but I couldnt find the specifics but I have some sort of memory that it would be something to do with next years draft pick and not this years.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's if he gets a said % of snaps and we re-sign him. I could have sworn that there was a clause that even if he didn't get enough snaps but we re-signed him, the Jets get a 3rd. Oh well, I've pounded the "trade down" idea for so long - it's now my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's if he gets a said % of snaps and we re-sign him. I could have sworn that there was a clause that even if he didn't get enough snaps but we re-signed him, the Jets get a 3rd. Oh well, I've pounded the "trade down" idea for so long - it's now my story and I'm sticking to it.
Well I'm not that certain about it either and I agree with the trade down part, certainly with curry and cushing on the board since we can use either imo.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if we do land Curry I'm gonna wet myself then dance around like a little school girl.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I'm the GM of the 49ers, but I agree with your top 3. I'd say the top2 depend on who is available.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Yea there is, It could actually go all the way up to a 2nd if he hits the % and numbers on the clause. If that does happen then we would have to give up our first to the giants since the Jets would get our 2nd. I will try to find out more. But I remember reading about it when he got traded to us.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Here is what I found.

The first trade was for Vilma who the Saints gave the Jets their 08 4th round pick for. If Vilma plays in 85% or more of the defensive plays the Saints give up their 09 3rd round pick and if he completes that step and is resigned the Saints then give up their 09 2nd round pick. With either of these the Saints will get back their 4th round pick in the form of the Jets 09 4th rounder.

With the Shockey trade the Saints gave thier 2nd and 5th (2009) for him if the Jets though get the 09 2nd round pick the Saints then give their 2010 1st round pick to the Giants for him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Then I suggest Vilma sits out the last game if we have no chance of making the play-offs.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Then I suggest Vilma sits out the last game if we have no chance of making the play-offs.
If i read it correctly and he plays less than 85% of the defensive plays but is resigned we dont owe the jets another draft pick.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
If i read it correctly and he plays less than 85% of the defensive plays but is resigned we dont owe the jets another draft pick.
I'd rather him sit then. But who knows? He'll probably get "injured".

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we are pick 14 I believe? I actually think this is a pretty good spot for us to be honest, this Draft isn't a whole lot different between 1-20 compared to some.

Reports are the Saints are going to make a push at Asomugha if he becomes a FA, and that would be a dream come true.

Aside from the obvious guys we like(Aaron Curry!) Vontae Davis or Michael Oher dropping to us would be quite interesting.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
So we are pick 14 I believe? I actually think this is a pretty good spot for us to be honest, this Draft isn't a whole lot different between 1-20 compared to some.

Reports are the Saints are going to make a push at Asomugha if he becomes a FA, and that would be a dream come true.

Aside from the obvious guys we like(Aaron Curry!) Vontae Davis or Michael Oher dropping to us would be quite interesting.
please no vontae davis i really think we are pretty set for next season at cb (porter and mckenzie) and we cant afford to pick luxury. Safety on the other hand isnice. Mays would be an awesome pick for us in my mind.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 12-31-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting that you would leave out Davis and be interested in Mays. Is it because you don't think we need a CB at all? Taylor Mays and Vontae Davis are both living on raw athletic ability, the difference is, Davis has shown elite instincts and he's extremely physical. Mays has nice size and strength, but it doesn't really matter because he doesn't use it much.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:34 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Interesting that you would leave out Davis and be interested in Mays. Is it because you don't think we need a CB at all? Taylor Mays and Vontae Davis are both living on raw athletic ability, the difference is, Davis has shown elite instincts and he's extremely physical. Mays has nice size and strength, but it doesn't really matter because he doesn't use it much.

I disagree davis looks kinda stiff at times and mays has been awesome at the trojan defense, his ability to cover the whole field has been awesome. Besides that porter and mckenzie are good starters in my mind and we can not afford to spend a first rounder on a luxury pick. Also Usama Young has looked ok to me on the end of the season.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-07-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

sorry I first posted it at the wrong thread. But since he came out what do you guys think about gerald mcrath as a replacement for scott shanle. If we trade down quite a bit we should be able to land him late in the second somewhere i think.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'd wet myself if Asomugah ended up in New Orleans
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.
Default #14

hey i have a question...i do not follow the Saints that much and i am doing a mock and i am just wondering who would be a good pick for you guys. i dont do trades so trading is not a possibility.

i was debating between:
b. cushing
w. moore
v. davis
r. maulaga

i am just wondering what you guys think
cliffo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
cliffo21
Rookie

cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.cliffo21 is a cocksman.

or j.lauranitis forgot about him
cliffo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:06 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

maualuga and v davis shouldnt even be in your discussion imo. We have good starters at corner and no need for a mlb who cant play anything else.
It seems like you are not doing trades because if you are the choice is easy, TRADE DOWN. and well it depends on which shape you think moore is gonna be in at the combine. If he is still fat i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot stick and if he isnt then he'd be a good pick. Pile jumper i just dont like but would be a solid pick and cushing feels to me like reaching, he also should run a bit faster than said on this site but i think he will.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Curry.
Taylor Mays.
Chris Wells.
Michael Crabtree.

All would be solid choices.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It seems like you are not doing trades because if you are the choice is easy, TRADE DOWN.
QFT, Moore if he looks good would be a good pick though.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Trade down and hope an elite linemen drops... either one of the big name tackles, or Alex Mack, Duke Robinson... etc.

I can't see Aaron Curry dropping to our pick, so I'd love to trade down and get back into the second round.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd LOVE to see Vontae Davis to the Saints. He's got the tools to be an elite shutdown corner in the NFL. Porter showed tons of promise, but McKenzie is cooked, RandallGay is best suited to be a nickel corner, Young was decent but not starter material, and David is... well, David. Tracy Porter/Vontae Davis/RandallGay/Usama Young would be very solid. I'd prefer a ballhawking safety but I wanna see us go DB with that first pick.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I'd LOVE to see Vontae Davis to the Saints. He's got the tools to be an elite shutdown corner in the NFL. Porter showed tons of promise, but McKenzie is cooked, RandallGay is best suited to be a nickel corner, Young was decent but not starter material, and David is... well, David. Tracy Porter/Vontae Davis/RandallGay/Usama Young would be very solid. I'd prefer a ballhawking safety but I wanna see us go DB with that first pick.
OMG that is about my worst nightmare. Porter and McKenzie already look good and imagine what they could do if someone else than Kaesverharn was the free safety. Also lets not forget that Young is in fact young (sorry didnt mean to) and has plenty of room to improve. No way we should select a corner with our first pick. I'd go to a dark corner of my bedroom curl up and cry in phoetal position for a week if we selected any corner.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
OMG that is about my worst nightmare. Porter and McKenzie already look good and imagine what they could do if someone else than Kaesverharn was the free safety. Also lets not forget that Young is in fact young (sorry didnt mean to) and has plenty of room to improve. No way we should select a corner with our first pick. I'd go to a dark corner of my bedroom curl up and cry in phoetal position for a week if we selected any corner.
McKenzie is cooked, man. He's done. Porter showed flashes but he's far from a sure thing. Usama Young's a very good special teamer who can step in if needed and not completely stink it up. He's average and he hasn't shown anything to give hope that he'll be anything other than average. Randall *** was the best corner on this team this season... that's never something you want to hear. The Saints could do a LOT worse than drafting a potential shutdown corner like Vontae Davis. I don't think he'll be on the board at 14, but still...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote