Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I want:

1. Trade down (hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd)
2. Draft S Louis Delmas with our 1st rounder
3. Draft CB Coy Francies with our 3rd acquired via trade
4. Draft OLB Tyrone McKenzie with our 4th rounder
5. Draft S Chip Vaughn with our 2nd 4th rounder

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Here's what I want:

1. Trade down (hopefully pick up a 2nd or 3rd)
2. Draft S Louis Delmas with our 1st rounder
3. Draft CB Coy Francies with our 3rd acquired via trade
4. Draft OLB Tyrone McKenzie with our 4th rounder
5. Draft S Chip Vaughn with our 2nd 4th rounder
exchange vaughn for OT watkins and you have what i want. (although it would be awesome it we would somehow manage to get mcrath in stead of mckenzie but mckenzie would do)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
exchange vaughn for OT watkins and you have what i want. (although it would be awesome it we would somehow manage to get mcrath in stead of mckenzie but mckenzie would do)
I'd be happy with either McCrath or McKenzie.

I really want Delmas. There are several SS prospects that interest me, especially Vaughn.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any interest for Chris Wells in the first for you guys? With Deuce potentially being a cap hit, I was wondering if anybody thought he was a possibility. I know you guys have Pierre Thomas, but IMO if Deuce is let go the Saints need a big back.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Is there any interest for Chris Wells in the first for you guys? With Deuce potentially being a cap hit, I was wondering if anybody thought he was a possibility. I know you guys have Pierre Thomas, but IMO if Deuce is let go the Saints need a big back.
not to eager but if curry and jenkins dont fall i like him over vontae davis, on a par with cushing and jl. But it would be just weird to pick more on offense

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
We had the number 1 offence thats not our problem and with Thomas and Bush we will be fine. I think we need help on D. If we are able to fill the saftey spots in FA ( with maybe Sharper) and get a little help at LB ( which I hope to god Morgan can fill ) if not we need to take a LB at that spot or OL or trade down for picks. IMO

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be wise to consider Wells if you guys don't retain Deuce next year. The last time you had a between the tackles back you were in the NFC championship game...
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were first in points and first in yards this year. Defensively we were 26th in points and 23rd in yards.

2006 we were 5th in points and 1st in yards. Defensively we were 13th in points and 11th in yards.

You tell me where the difference lies.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
We were first in points and first in yards this year. Defensively we were 26th in points and 23rd in yards.

2006 we were 5th in points and 1st in yards. Defensively we were 13th in points and 11th in yards.

You tell me where the difference lies.
that was partly because we scored to quickly this season. there were just to many drives in a game. Having a good inside runner we could have more of those nice drives that almost eat up a quarter.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not saying you guys should, but it would be an intersting thing to consider.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
We had the number 1 offence thats not our problem and with Thomas and Bush we will be fine. I think we need help on D. If we are able to fill the saftey spots in FA ( with maybe Sharper) and get a little help at LB ( which I hope to god Morgan can fill ) if not we need to take a LB at that spot or OL or trade down for picks. IMO
Trade down and work on the D, I say.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trade down, get a premier o-linemen, go D for most of the way, BPA in the final 2 rounds.

Sign a playmaker on defense in FA.... please?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
trade down, get a premier o-linemen, go D for most of the way, BPA in the final 2 rounds.

Sign a playmaker on defense in FA.... please?
sounds good enough for me

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
saintsalltheway09

I'd love for us to trade down and get Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
Old 02-10-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Please sign CB Leigh Bodden.

kthankxbye

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Please sign CB Leigh Bodden.

kthankxbye
I would love to see that happen. The only problem is i just read that our cureent salery as of now is 130 MIL and the cap is 124 MIL. I did not know we were over the cap.

But i would love to have Bodden in black and gold.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we are going to seriously trim some fat off of the cap this year.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

What guys on your team are getting paid the most and shouldn't be.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

david patten. deuce mcallister brian young mark brunell, mike mckenzie, kevin kaesviharn, all guys that have a good chance of being cut. Shockey and Grant also are being overpaid imo, think jason david could also get cut (high salary + bad player= cut potential)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Stecker is way over-paid.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who do you guys hope we take in the first (if we stay at #14)? I'm starting to hope more and more for Brian Cushing.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

if any of the big4 otackles fall to us id take them, otherwise jenkins, wells and then cushing in that order

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 02-22-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to agree on the top tackles and Jenkins, allthough Andre Smith has a questionmark next to him now. Michael Oher might be available and would be a good pick. Kind of torn choosing between him and Cushing.

As for running back, I'm hoping for Donald Brown later on.

Signature made by me

Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I still say that if we don't trade down we are idiots. Smith's stock falling may be to our advantage. Someone may decide he is worth it and offer a trade if he is there at pick 14.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I think everyone wants to trade down, it's just a matter of finding someone that wants to move up.

Signature made by me