Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Question:

as much as the Saints need help at various LB cores why Pouz over Timmons from FSU, that is if he is still availible?
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
Question:

as much as the Saints need help at various LB cores why Pouz over Timmons from FSU, that is if he is still availible?
Good question. I think with Timmons, it's a case of higher upside vs. bust potential. He has great "potential" but is also very inexperienced and a team taking him is gambling that he'll be able to reach it.

While on the other hand with Posluszny you pretty much know what your getting, a blue-collar, instinctive LB. Who might not have the amazing athletic talent, but he goes out and gets the job done anyway.

Personally the more I watch of Jon Beason the more I like. He's going to have to bulk up a bit, but he reads the plays well and snuffs them out.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I wouldn't mind Harrell, honestly.

A good young DT is a big need for the Saints and Harrell is really solid.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of the linebackers that might fall to us:
1. Jon Beason
2. Lawrence Timmons
3. Paul Posluszny

CB, Beason, Timmons or Harrell would be nice. Or maybe a WR if a good one falls to us.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

My Big board for the Saints
LB.
Willis (somehow please Jesus let him fall)
Beason
Timmons
Puz

WR
Ginn
Meachem
Bowe
Rice (2nd round or trade down)

CB
Revis
Hall
Houston
Ross
McCauley (trade down)

DT
Harrell
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Am I the only one that doesn't like Ginn? I mean, hes fast, but thats about all I think he has going for him.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't like Ginn? I mean, hes fast, but thats about all I think he has going for him.
I'm not particularly high on him. Blazing speed but the questions about his hands, and route running kind of worry me. (it would be like having another Devery Henderson)

However he is an explosive threat in the return game, which I do like. With Michael Lewis aging that is an area that could use improvement. However I don't believe a return man is worth burning a 1st rounder for.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I'm not particularly high on him. Blazing speed but the questions about his hands, and route running kind of worry me. (it would be like having another Devery Henderson)

However he is an explosive threat in the return game, which I do like. With Michael Lewis aging that is an area that could use improvement. However I don't believe a return man is worth burning a 1st rounder for.
Yeah, I was going to post that I'm not sold on Teddy Ginn either, but Auron beat me to it. Like he said, Ginn seems to be a little too much like Devery Henderson, and we don't need another speed wide receiver. Rather, we need someone like a possession receiver, like possibly a Steve Smith from Southern Cal or a Craig Davis from LSU.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not big on Ginn at all -- he has all the potential in the world, but for me he's just too raw for my tastes. Ginn is one of the few players that if we select on draft day I'd be highly upset.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Rather, we need someone like a possession receiver, like possibly a Steve Smith from Southern Cal or a Craig Davis from LSU.
Haha yeah I have posted the same thing, it is so true thats all the Saints need. You know what you are getting with those guys, no bust potential.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I'd love it if Craig Davis fell to us in the 2nd. Hes fast enough to stretch the field, a great route runner and really soft hands.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adam Schien on Siruis radio yesterday, mentioned that the Saints "LOVE" David Harris (MLB, Mich). he said that they like him enough that they could snatch him up in the 1st at #27.

per: http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26507

i would like Harris, but maybe in the 2nd round. Also, didn't we sign Simmons to be the starting MLB?
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post
Adam Schien on Siruis radio yesterday, mentioned that the Saints "LOVE" David Harris (MLB, Mich). he said that they like him enough that they could snatch him up in the 1st at #27.

i would like Harris, but maybe in the 2nd round. Also, didn't we sign Simmons to be the starting MLB?
The rumors start to heat up big time this close to the Draft. Schein may very well have some knowledge on the situation, but I doubt he knows exactly who the Saints top target/s are, and exactly how the Saints big board is shaping up.

Harris is a good player, and strong in the middle. I'd imagine maybe they could trade down a few slots, and pick up Harris if there was no one else they liked at 27. Even though we did sign Simmons, I'd have to imagine if they Draft a LB like Harris it'll be to groom for the future as a longterm solution since Simmons is 31.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67 View Post

I'm glad the Saints LOVE Harris, because I also LOVE Harris. I see him as the next DeMeco Ryans.

Simmons is getting older and does have some injury concerns. I do think he's got a solid 2-3 years left in him, but you never know. If we get David at CB, I think it would be acceptable to take Harris at #27.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I think it depends who else is on the board. If someone like Poz or Timmons, or maybe even Beason are still around (unlikely but you never know) then we should probably scoop one of them up.

Poz would be a huge steal at 27.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think it depends who else is on the board. If someone like Poz or Timmons, or maybe even Beason are still around (unlikely but you never know) then we should probably scoop one of them up.

Poz would be a huge steal at 27.
Poz is the only one I'd definitely take over Harris. Beason would also get a good, long look. I'd definitely take Harris before Timmons.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Visits with Lawrence Timmons, and Robert Meachem confirmed.

Link - NFL.com
Quote:
Florida State's Lawrence Timmons, an atypical linebacker who blitzed a lot from the strong side in college. The most unusual thing for him during the whole workout process of the draft has been meeting face-to-face with "so many coaches that I see on TV all the time. I'm thinking, WOW, I can't believe I'm talking to this guy." Timmons has been on a journey in the past few weeks that took him to Detroit, Cincinnati, San Diego, Pittsburgh and New Orleans, among others.

With two weeks of travel that included visits to St. Louis, Minnesota, San Diego, Atlanta, New Orleans, Kansas City and San Francisco, Tennessee Volunteers wide receiver Robert Meachem has the right to be tired.
If you know of any other new visits please post.

Last edited by Auron : 04-20-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

quick question : i need a WR with my 4th round pick for the saints. who should i pick ? rhema mcnkight or laurent robinson ?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

The new mock has us taking John Beck in the 2nd round. To me, this is almost a waste of a high round pick, considering the other needs we have.

I can't be the only one who feels this way can I?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

I feel the same way about the Beck pick in the 2nd, I would much rather trade up or down than pick a QB in the 2nd round.
I really like the Justin Harrell pick I think he has shown that he has the heart to play the game which is a great quality for a football player to have, you know he will not be slacking off.
Questioning the Beck pick
In the 3rd he has us going WR in "Drae" don't really know much about him to make a call on this one
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
The new mock has us taking John Beck in the 2nd round. To me, this is almost a waste of a high round pick, considering the other needs we have.

I can't be the only one who feels this way can I?
I usually try to keep a very open mind in regards to mocks, but the Beck pick in the 2nd just seems very questionable.

I don't know how the coaching staff has everything planned out but personally I feel there are a lot more priority issues that need to be addressed before a backup QB to groom.

Last edited by Auron : 04-23-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I usually try to keep a very open mind in regards to mocks, but the Beck pick in the 2nd just seems very questionable.

I don't know how the coaching staff has everything planned out but personally I feel there are a lot more priority issues that need to be addressed before a backup QB to groom.
I feel the very same way about the Beck pick. I know our second rounder is very hard to nail down but I consider to be a reach in the bottom second round.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10. New Orleans takes a late-round flyer on Paul Thompson: We'll grant you that the Oklahoma senior quarterback hasn't generated much pre-draft buzz, but you still might want to remember his name and see where he lands on the NFL map. The Saints make sense, because with Drew Brees firmly entrenched as the starter, they'd have the luxury of time to groom a young quarterback with an impressive set of physical skills and intangibles.

Who's Thompson? He's the guy who bailed out coach Bob Stoops and the Sooners last season, leading Oklahoma to an 11-2 record and a surprise Big 12 Championship Game win over Nebraska before the Sooners' memorable Fiesta Bowl overtime loss to Boise State. That despite Oklahoma losing star running back Adrian Peterson for most of the season with a broken collarbone.

Thompson played receiver for most of 2005 after losing his QB job to Rhett Bomar, but when Bomar was kicked off the Sooners team in August 2006, Thompson rode to the rescue. While some in the NFL see him as another Michael Robinson, the ex-Penn State quarterback turned running back, Thompson is worth a look as a passer. He's 6-4, 220 pounds, and runs a 4.6. He has just the one season as a starting quarterback, but for a team that can afford to have a little patience with him, he could provide a huge payoff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...4/draft/2.html
__________________________________________________ _____________________

I really like that idea. He'd add another versatile weapon to our offense. I'd like to take a flyer on either him or Isaiah Stanback.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Thompson sounds intriguing. If he's there in the late rounds it's worth a look.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The end is near... the moment of truth is almost upon us... and the question on everybody's mind...:

Pizza or Buffalo Wings...? :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote