Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that our first round pick will be dictated by who we think will be available for our 2nd round pick. I see many quality DT's being there for us at our 2nd round selection ( Paea, Nevis, Austin). Where as I'd love to see us grab a DT to couple with Ellis, I think we will allow recently signed Shuan Rodgers to fill that hole primarily, not to mention CFL stand-out, Tom Johnson. That being said, our positions of need stand at DE and LB. Many Saints draftniks have been crying for us to address LB for a few years now and I think Marshawn Lynch helped the Saints front office see the need for a solid LB. That is why I see the Saints using pick #24 to select Martez Wilson, LB from Illinois come draft day.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I think that our first round pick will be dictated by who we think will be available for our 2nd round pick. I see many quality DT's being there for us at our 2nd round selection ( Paea, Nevis, Austin). Where as I'd love to see us grab a DT to couple with Ellis, I think we will allow recently signed Shuan Rodgers to fill that hole primarily, not to mention CFL stand-out, Tom Johnson. That being said, our positions of need stand at DE and LB. Many Saints draftniks have been crying for us to address LB for a few years now and I think Marshawn Lynch helped the Saints front office see the need for a solid LB. That is why I see the Saints using pick #24 to select Martez Wilson, LB from Illinois come draft day.
I think the saints will draft a DEnd for that reason. I think there will be plenty of good backers available for the two third round picks

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson's stock has been climbing and I think we jump on him at #24 as opposed to see him get away.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wilson's stock has been climbing and I think we jump on him at #24 as opposed to see him get away.
I disagree. There will probably be higher graded players available on the Saints board than Wilson. Just like last year when they passed on Daryl Washington.

I expect either Clayborn or Heyward to be available. If we go LB in round 2, would be happy with Mason Foster.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most mocks don't have him in first round but he has been on the rise. Still more early second round grade- if they target him they should trade down or go D- line in first and maybe trade up in second to get him. Could still get someone like DT Jerrell Powe with other 3rd rounder. Do like Wilson but not (yet) at 24.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious if you guys saw this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e-top-10-picks
Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
thats so bad, its funny

Saints 2014 draft

Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He really should be banned from doing any mocks in the future

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, he just needs to quit writing mocks.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

That was obv. April's FOOL Draft mock- Mallett in New orleans equals many bong hits . One thing since Payton hire -front office doesn't bring in many questionable work ethic / party types. I was surprised they traded for Shockey actually.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

noticed date was in January guess it is April FOOL Day all year for some.

With The 24 pick New Orleans selects Ryan Mallett QB and Chief Bong Squad Leader from University of Arkansas.

Could Happen. Nahh
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aregand View Post
That was obv. April's FOOL Draft mock- Mallett in New orleans equals many bong hits . One thing since Payton hire -front office doesn't bring in many questionable work ethic / party types. I was surprised they traded for Shockey actually.
they dont draft bad characters, they do sign them in FA and stuff

Saints 2014 draft

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Shockey was a direct result of Payton's time with the Giants. He was throwing Shockey a bone.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shockey was a direct result of Payton's time with the Giants. He was throwing Shockey a bone.
+1

Been awhile since Ive been on here, good to see the older guys still here!

I love this drafts for the Saints. Depth at the DL means we still get solid player when our time comes. I know alot of people are on him, but I would love for Dontay Moch to come to the Saints. To me, his athleticism is something Gregg could definately use in the right way.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a list of players the Saints have visited with according to league sources and various media outlets:

Texas CB Curtis Brown
Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter
Alabama RB Mark Ingram
California DE Cameron Jordan
North Carolina LB Quan Sturdivant.
Baylor DT Phil Taylor
Virginia Tech QB Tyrod Taylor
Southern Arkansas DT Cedric Thornton
Temple DT Muhammad Wilkerson.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like Tyrod to be the prodigy to Drew. Id feel much safer with him then the last couple of guys we tried (Palko and Canfield). But we dont have a 5th or 6th I dont recall, so seeing him to 7th is a little downwards.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

On the above list of players with 'visits' first round I don't see Jordan or Taylor making it to 24. Ingram to Miami if not he may slide but RB down on priority list. Of the rest only Wilkerson fits 1st round -some have him going to Baltimore right after Saints pick. If we improved DT slot I think our ends and LBs would be more effective. If Baltimore wants him means he should be a player on D. Anybody know much about him? He is rated pretty high.

Also would be interesting to see how many players that get visits are drafted by one of those teams- I don't know how high a correlation there is. especially with Saints if anyone knows from the past few years.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First, let me say thank you to CJSchneider, who is, so far, the only person to respond to my unofficial poll on who you, the Saints fans on the DraftCountdown.com forum think that New Orleans will select with their first round pick. So, we have one vote for Martez Wilson. Anyone else want to vote? You still have several days to say who the Saints will select at 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
+1

Been awhile since Ive been on here, good to see the older guys still here!

I love this drafts for the Saints. Depth at the DL means we still get solid player when our time comes. I know alot of people are on him, but I would love for Dontay Moch to come to the Saints. To me, his athleticism is something Gregg could definately use in the right way.
zachsaints52! Welcome back to the forums, my friend! Hope all has been well, as I know I'm one of the "older guys" you're probably referring to.

I said in an earlier post that I'm not so excited for this year's draft, probably because of the current labor situation of the NFL. However, I will agree, the first round selection for the Saints has the possibility to go in any number of directions, that is, if they stay where they are and don't move down or out of the first round all together.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation Character Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aregand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
they dont draft bad characters, they do sign them in FA and stuff
I will say, in my opinion, the Saints' front office, as of late, have not had any players, short of running back Chris Ivory, in any sort of legal problems. If I remember, Ivory's trouble with the law stems from an alleged assault in Washington state, which may be why he transferred to Tiffin. I do realize New Orleans did trade for tight end Jeremy Shockey, who was a lightning rod of controversy, and of course, signed defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove, who was a coke head before he went to rehab.

But I am proud to say the Saints do not have players like Pacman Jones, Vince Young or past players like Plaxico Burress or Rae Carruth. None of the Saints seem to have serious issues or any ongoing criminal investigations.

And that's saying something.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Didnt two backups get DUIs before the Superbowl or something the year we won? I cant recall who but I remember hearing about it.

But honestly, I would love a trade down personally. So many teams will probably want 24 for the 2nd wave of QBs, we may get a 2nd + 3rd or something even better. I feel this draft is tailor made for us (DL all the way and athletic OLB's mid round graded) that we will actually do right this draft.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Didnt two backups get DUIs before the Superbowl or something the year we won? I cant recall who but I remember hearing about it.

But honestly, I would love a trade down personally. So many teams will probably want 24 for the 2nd wave of QBs, we may get a 2nd + 3rd or something even better. I feel this draft is tailor made for us (DL all the way and athletic OLB's mid round graded) that we will actually do right this draft.
I think there are a ton of DEnds that go round around that 24 spot and I want one of those to be quite honest. I think there are a ton of potential 2nd/3rd round contributors at DT and OLB but I think the DEnds run out a bit after the first. That is why I am rootin hard for a DEnd with that first pick

Saints 2014 draft

Old 04-08-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I think there are a ton of DEnds that go round around that 24 spot and I want one of those to be quite honest. I think there are a ton of potential 2nd/3rd round contributors at DT and OLB but I think the DEnds run out a bit after the first. That is why I am rootin hard for a DEnd with that first pick
I can see that but I think a team in the mid 2nds will wanna jump Seattle to get one of the QBs I dont think we could resist.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I can see that but I think a team in the mid 2nds will wanna jump Seattle to get one of the QBs I dont think we could resist.
ow i get that we should jump on it if there is a good value offer but we shouldnt look for offers is a good end is there

Saints 2014 draft

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Shockey is just sort of a whiney dumbass, he's not like a real issue, and he was never a significant enough contributor here to really damage any cohesiveness if he did fly off the handle.

Drew Brees is the only guy that is like totally irreplaceable here, so as long as he's in good standing, I don't think a player could derail us, because no one is THAT important in the grand scheme of things here, we can usually reasonably replace most production.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

If Kerrigan is gone by pick 24 - I think that is ideal. I can only imagine would we could do with an additional 2nd and a 4th round pick.