Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ChazMonk
Rookie

ChazMonk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I'd like to see the boys from down the Lake succeed. I just don't see the promise at the most important positions.
First, I hope you noticed the smiley face at the top of my reply. Secondly, in all honesty, I would take that bet. Savage has been moderately successful with the draft, and I believe this and next year's drafts will take us to where we need to be to finally compete in our division. As soon as we get our lines in order watch out. We finally have the right personel at the top to make solid decisions. It is only Crennel I am not sold on yet. Here's hoping though.
ChazMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Call me Mcdonalds because im lovin it!!!!
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success (granted injuries have been a big part of it).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success"

your basing that entire post off of last off season, in which our signings were to tutor young talent, which they did. Our young talent never had veterans to bring them to a higher level so we signed some.

Other then that how is your post accurate?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They would make a good duo with clements/bodden. I like the potential of pool and jones as well. It could be a solid secondary. This defense is easily a defense on the rise. They really, really need a DL though. Alan Branch at #3 to be the DE?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Sean Jones almost made the Pro Bowl, and easily could have with better recognition/team performance.

Bodden can shut down a good WR on any given day.

Wimbley is going to be a pro bowler next year. Dqwell Jackson had 100 tackles as a rookie.

Andra Davis is a tackling machine, but i believe hes usually out of position.

were getting better.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"The Browns are a prime example of why you can't build a team in FA. They've had wiser signings than the Redskins but still with no success"

your basing that entire post off of last off season, in which our signings were to tutor young talent, which they did. Our young talent never had veterans to bring them to a higher level so we signed some.

Other then that how is your post accurate?
Ever since Crennel has come aboard they've brought in plenty of FA's... I guess you're right about just last year (except Baxter who is constantly hurt), to be honest it seemed like longer than last year.

Still, they dished out some serious cash to those vets with little for results and again this year they seem to be up for making more FA signings... It's just not going to help them get better.

I will say I think signing Steinbach would be a good idea. I'm never against people signing OL guys in FA and he would immediately help for sure.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"Still, they dished out some serious cash to those vets with little for results and again this year they seem to be up for making more FA signings... It's just not going to help them get better.
"

We got plenty of results, leadership was a must for us, look how much Wimbley developed (and he said it himself in an interview), because McGinest presence. Joe Jourevicious really helped Braylon Edwards (now if only he quits dropping the ball).

This year were the front runners to sign the best deffensive player, nate Clements still young, and Eric Steinbach, the best OL. We are making great progress as a team.

We loose because of injuries and being in a great conference that has seen 2 SB winners in the last 5 years.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope the Browns do take him. The idea of him on the Giants makes me sick. He's overrated and will get way more money than he is worth. I hope the Browns or Titans or some other Winning organization takes him off the market so the rumors of him going to the Giants are put to rest.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"He's overrated "

how so buddy?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to Free Agency, the Browns are the RedSkins.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
"He's overrated "

how so buddy?
Like this buddy. He made his money a few years back by gambling. He jumped routes, and got lucky sometimes resulting in INTs. What people tend to overlook is the fact that he gives up huge plays also. He'll be 28 by the end of the season, and he'll be going downhill in a year or two. He's not worth all that money, and he'll get it only because Samuel is off the market.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Your completely wrong on your assesment of him.

hes a great tackler for a CB.

Hes very solid in coverage.

Makes big plays, and has taken a handful back for touchdowns.

Every corner gambles to an extent, but your overrating the way he does it.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"When it comes to Free Agency, the Browns are the RedSkins."

the Browns maybe last year, historically nope.

The Cowboys are the closest to the Redskins.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clements is solid in coverage, albeit a bit streaky, but he is VERY solid against the RUN..this is something which is pretty much a need in the AFC North. Also, can you imagine Clements/Bodden as our 1/2 CBs? That's just nasty. Let's our D get more aggressive...
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like the niners are in the mix of it, too.

Quote:
NINERS TO CHASE CLEMENTS

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the 49ers are very interested in Bills cornerback Nate Clements, and that the Niners are prepared to make him an offer soon after 12:01 a.m EST Friday.

Clements was franchised by the Bills in 2006. As part of his agreement to sign the one-year tender, the team promised not to slap the tag on him again in 2007.

The Browns are believed to be poised to make a quick run at Clements, too.
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 9ers enter Clements race

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the 49ers are very interested in Bills cornerback Nate Clements, and that the Niners are prepared to make him an offer soon after 12:01 a.m EST Friday.

Clements was franchised by the Bills in 2006. As part of his agreement to sign the one-year tender, the team promised not to slap the tag on him again in 2007.

PFT

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold your horses

Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Theres no competiton, he said he wants to be a Brown, we said we want him. We have the cap, and we will pay him.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now if only Cleveland's players can make it to the gridiron without getting hurt...
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Theres no competiton, he said he wants to be a Brown, we said we want him. We have the cap, and we will pay him.

Money talks. If San Fran offers him enough he'll take it.

You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.
"

For the same reason Clements will sign with us. They are both Ohio guys and both said there dream was to play for Cleveland.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's already a Cleveland Brown, mark my words...
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

I want him to go to SanFran, so he dosen't blow his knee the 1st day of TC.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
"You never know what'll happen in FA. Bentley was supposed to sign with the Eagles the day FA opened by he ended up signing in Cleveland.
"

For the same reason Clements will sign with us. They are both Ohio guys and both said there dream was to play for Cleveland.
What a sh!ty dream
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote