Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little curious as to when the Colts will draft Manning's successor.

He'll be 33 next year, pretty healthy guy. Another 2 / 3 seasons or so before they pick someone (including 08)?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to get Alex Smith from San Fran. He's not a lost cause imo.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see where TJ ends up. If he finds the right situation and they know how to use him he'll be fine I think.

I'm hoping Simpson/Henry will be enough. Henry, when not an idiot is very solid for us. Simpson seems to be learning but he's got a long way to go.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'd love to get Alex Smith from San Fran. He's not a lost cause imo.
I think so too. I hate him, but mostly I look inward at management and wonder if Mike Nolan has screwed his head up.

The right coach/management can probably fix it. Indy would be great for him.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-3 years with under the best in the business with a great supporting cast and coaching staff is perfect for him.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's cut or released, which I doubt will happen, he'd come cheap. He might come cheap anyway since he lost his starting job to someone who never was more than a 3rd stringer for most teams.

I could definitely see Indianapolis making a play for him. He'd still be young in 2-3 years (26-27) and by learning that time under Manning, Dungy, and Jim Caldwell would do wonders to increase his confidence.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 08-27-2008 at 01:03 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Except, Detroit will franchise Roy Williams. He isn't goinmg anywhere and I doubt Hous is either. I think teams will be disappointed with either of Cincy's WR's unless they have another Palmer to throw to them. Franchise QB's have a way of making WR's look a lot better than they are.
Re: Williams, that's definitely true. The Lions absolutely could franchise Roy Williams, to either trade him or hang onto him for at least one more year, and the latter would definitely help Drew Stanton if he's the starter. In fact, the Lions could very well sign Williams long-term, that I can recall they really don't have anyone else on the team to extend for the current time - Ernie Sims should be signed through 2010 if not 2011. The big hold-up is spending that much money on receivers in and of itself, but in terms of making the roster better, they could probably do much worse in free agency versus re-signing Roy Williams.

Of course if Millen does finally get the boot like I think, the new management coming in will be a critical factor, depending on how they want to build the roster from that point and the thought process they have in doing that.

As for Housh, I just don't think Cincy will match what another team will offer once TJ hits the open market. The draft picks at receiver were pretty much the writing on the wall that they are moving ahead with younger talent, and even though I been saying tor two years now that I think TJ is the better receiver of the Bengals' duo, I would definitely let him walk and gladly build behind Chad Johnson as my #1 guy.

Last edited by Geo : 08-27-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I think it depends who comes on the market and how their QB situation goes. If stanton is a goer then they might let him walk and let it be the CJ show. If they've still got a lame duck QB they'll need the elite receiver pair to do damage.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Re: Williams, that's definitely true. The Lions absolutely could franchise Roy Williams, to either trade him or hang onto him for at least one more year, and the latter would definitely help Drew Stanton if he's the starter. In fact, the Lions could very well sign Williams long-term, that I can recall they really don't have anyone else on the team to extend for the current time - Ernie Sims should be signed through 2010 if not 2011. The big hold-up is spending that much money on receivers in and of itself, but in terms of making the roster better, they could probably do much worse in free agency versus re-signing Roy Williams.

Of course if Millen does finally get the boot like I think, the new management coming in will be a critical factor, depending on how they want to build the roster from that point and the thought process they have in doing that.
there were some reports last year after the whole "I want out"-ordeal that Williams wanted to remain in Detroit.

Also, I can't imagine any GM (Millen or new, probably the competence level won't be much higher considering it's the Fords calling the shots) not wanting a receiver of Roy's caliber.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm a little curious as to when the Colts will draft Manning's successor.

He'll be 33 next year, pretty healthy guy. Another 2 / 3 seasons or so before they pick someone (including 08)?
I understand that Peyton had the same surgery that Harrison had last year and Harrison said it really bothered him for the whole season, so we'll have to see how Manning heals. Will he be his old self or a much slower version of the old Peyton. I really hope he is OK because he's fun to watch.
Even Tom Brady may have a tough year. Can they give him time to heal properly or will they risk his career by rushing him back into play. It will be a boring season if both of these guys are sidelined or rather ineffective. San Diego has lost Merriman so I'm not expecting a whole lot from them either and the Giants have lost Osi. We could possibly see a complete turnover in the top teams and it could be a wide open race with this many stars hurting.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I understand that Peyton had the same surgery that Harrison had last year and Harrison said it really bothered him for the whole season, so we'll have to see how Manning heals. Will he be his old self or a much slower version of the old Peyton. I really hope he is OK because he's fun to watch.
Even Tom Brady may have a tough year. Can they give him time to heal properly or will they risk his career by rushing him back into play. It will be a boring season if both of these guys are sidelined or rather ineffective. San Diego has lost Merriman so I'm not expecting a whole lot from them either and the Giants have lost Osi. We could possibly see a complete turnover in the top teams and it could be a wide open race with this many stars hurting.
Not to mention the injuries to Hardwick, Gates, Rivers and LT. And the suspended Cooper.

In all reality though, I expect the Chargers to be back to nearly full strength (minus Merriman of course) be Week 3 or so. I can't see them getting any less than 10 wins, likely a couple more on top of that.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Not to mention the injuries to Hardwick, Gates, Rivers and LT. And the suspended Cooper.

In all reality though, I expect the Chargers to be back to nearly full strength (minus Merriman of course) be Week 3 or so. I can't see them getting any less than 10 wins, likely a couple more on top of that.
I think your underestimating the loss of Merriman, probably the top pass rusher in the league bar none. I'm also not sold on Turner as a solid HC and with Merriman injured it is going to be on his shoulders to keep the ship afloat.
I think 10 wins is the absolute best you can expect and even that is suspect IMO.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
there were some reports last year after the whole "I want out"-ordeal that Williams wanted to remain in Detroit.

Also, I can't imagine any GM (Millen or new, probably the competence level won't be much higher considering it's the Fords calling the shots) not wanting a receiver of Roy's caliber.
We are in complete agreement. I'm not even sure that Ford won't keep Millen another 2 or 3 years even if we fail to win 6 games. Ford is that incompetent and I agree that Ford's new hire probably will be another inept GM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
The Cowboys’ offensive line has managed to avoid injury the last two years, but that luck will run out this season.
http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker....8811219629512A
Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

I don't remember a season where I've watched a game without the commentators mentioning at least one of the linemen being out for either team, its pretty common.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Maybe even Detroit comes into play, because Matt Millen will finally be fired after this season. Oh yes Lions fans, it will finally happen.
Well, the Lions didn't wait until after the season. :D