Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Update: Rudi Cut

Mortensen is reporting we're looking for a "real receiver" in exchange for Rudi.

I'm not buying it. TJ is on his way back and Chad keeps insisting he's fine for opening day, even saying he asked to play Thursday.

Maybe if they didn't sign Henry but losing Rudi is a bigger hit than not having a "real reciever"... Especially given how deep we'll be if/when people get healthy.

UPDATE: Rudi's agent says he has been cut, not surprising at this point. I really hope it's more due to health than money.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 08-30-2008 at 12:57 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe negotiations aren't going well with TJ? Or Chad really does need surgery.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what TJ had said he pretty much assumed a deal wasn't going to get done and he seemed content with that.

I could see the Chad needing surgery part but you'd think if that was the case they would've already done it, plus Chad was pretty happy with his progress.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who on earth could they get for Rudi Johnson?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...PT02/308260039

Quote:
Lewis: Rudi Johnson trade talk 'a rumor'
By Mark Curnutte

Tailback Rudi Johnson, looking forward to his first preseason action Thursday night, said this afternoon he would not be surprised to be traded. It was reported Monday night that the Bengals are shopping the eighth-year running back in hopes of landing a wide receiver in return.

“They've been trying to get me out of here for a long time," Johnson said after practicing for the second day in a row. "It's part of the league. It's part of the game."

Johnson, who missed five games last season with hamstring problems, has been slowed again this preseason by the other hamstring.

“It's a rumor," head coach Marvin Lewis said of the ESPN report. "It makes no sense for me to confirm or deny anything involving a player."
LOL, Rudi. The team signed you to a 5-yr/26M deal in March of 2005. A year after drafting Chris Perry.

Also, keep in mind that Rudi is signed through 2009 and his base salaries are 3.2M and 3.6M respectively. Not huge, but pricey. Perry and Watson combined make less than half that in each year.

Perry and Watson are also signed through 2009 btw. Some decisions will have to be made.

TJ is in a contract year, he'll play hard. I would let him walk as a free agent after this season though.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They must really have confidence in Perry if they are willing to let Rudi go.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-26-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Some strange quotes from him... He's quite worked up over this:

Question: How do you feel after two days of practice?
Johnson: "It's good."

Q: Can you play Thursday?
Johnson: "If that's the case, yeah. I could be gone any minute now, I'm just waiting on the call, looking at the clock. That's all. So you know, it is what it is. Nothing's surprising, though. Keep it moving."

Q: Are you confident it's true?
Johnson: "It's out there, so evidently it's true. It doesn't bother me one way or the other. I'm still going to do the same thing. It's part of the business, so I'll let it be."

Q: Is it surprising?
Johnson: "No. Not at all. It's always something every year. They've been trying to get me out of here for a long time now. So, it's not surprising at all, it doesn't surprise me one bit."
Q: Is it disappointing?
Johnson: "I''m not disappointed, I'm not bothered, I'm not worried. Just move on. No big deal. That's all there is to it. That's part of the game, part of the business. That's all to it. Whatever happens is whatever happens. I'll be fine."
Q: Are you expecting it?
Johnson: "Yeah, I'm expecting anything. Whatever happens is whatever happens. Any given moment, anything can happen. I'm prepared, I'm ready. So it's no big deal."

Q: Have you talked to anyone in the organization about this or just going on what you're hearing in the media?
Johnson: "There's no need for me to. It's already been put out there. That's what it is. I'm fine that, it's no big deal to me."

Q: What do you want to show in the preseason game Thursday night?
Johnson: "It's already been decided; the game is irrelevant. The situation has already been presented. The game doesn't really matter."

Q: What are you hearing?
Johnson: "Just stay tuned and see what happens. Don't be surprised by anything. That's my approach. I'm not worried by anything, I'm not surprised by anything. It's no big deal to me."
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

He doesn't seem too happy thats for sure. I really do hope this is all just a rumor because I like him and I don't think his value is very high at this point.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm...to be answering like that it is most likely that they really are shopping him. What are they going to get for him? IDK. Maybe they are trading him and a pick to someone.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The only way I see this making any kind of sense is if they want to cut him and they're just trying to get something in return.

Rudi can't have any value, I mean teams have their RB situation set... No one is desperate. He's seen his best years, not to say he can't equal them but he won't top his best season.

Basically, he won't bring a very good WR so why ditch a guy we could use for a WR that can't be that good...
Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The only way I see this making any kind of sense is if they want to cut him and they're just trying to get something in return.

Rudi can't have any value, I mean teams have their RB situation set... No one is desperate. He's seen his best years, not to say he can't equal them but he won't top his best season.

Basically, he won't bring a very good WR so why ditch a guy we could use for a WR that can't be that good...
Agree with everything there and would add that there are other running backs on the market right now that bring what Rudi does and other teams would have to give up ZERO to get them...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is this entirely due to his hamstring? I mean the collapse last year kind of came out of no where, aside from having the hamstring injury. Is it the same thing this year, so they are pretty much just saying forget about him?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Rumor circulating around that Washington approached the Bengals about Rudi.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Trade or not, looks like Rudi is done here.

Not sure why, we could use the guy this year. I'd suspect it's a combo of cash and maybe they feel Watson provides the same thing Rudi does. Odd considering how good things sounded early in camp. Him not playing last night only fuels the fire that he'll probably be cut Saturday.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

yea him not playing makes me think that

1. He is still hurt a bit.
2. They dont want him to get seriously hurt so they dont have to pay him if he does get hurt.
3. They want to get rid of him.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

An interesting stat on Rudi that I found...

Since '06, he's only had 4 games with a YPC of 4.5 or better. Now, I realize he isn't going to top that every game but he had so many games in the 3.X or lower range. I'm not trying to justify cutting him, I think Chris Perry makes Rudi a better RB but to carry the load by himself, I don't think it would work anymore.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson's gamelog for his career.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

They compliment each other so well and unless there is worthwhile trade in the works I see no reason to let him go. He has been such a revelation in Bengaldom since he usurped Corey Dillon of his role here.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now that he is a Lion, we will see. From all reports though, they are very impressed with Rudi and are pretty excited in having him. Neither here nor there for us, but I hope he has a good season. Handling things the way he did after Dillon has always made me like Rudi. Good luck to him...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote