Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
That may be so, but watch out for Zuttah. I've been informed from my entirely non-biased source (scotty) that he is good for about 500 pancakes on the season.
He's no Jahri Evans.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

It turns out Cleveland will have a rookie contributer from day 1 after all. Antwan Peek tore his patella tendon yesterday ending his season and more likely than not his career. This opens the door for Alex Hall who will be playing a huge role in our defense now. Hopefully he keeps up his current learning curve because he's been growing and improving at a rapid rate...we're going to need that to continue to be successful this season.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
The difference between Jake Long is that has be actually been on the field and looked good. If Jake struggled, Miami could easily move Carey to LT and try Long at RT (where most experts thought he'd be best) or even inside to Guard. Miami has some talent at OL and could have moved a struggling rookie around, not insert him right into the LT spot. But Long has looked good and held his own so there's no reason to move him from LT, that way we can keep Carey at RT where he could be a Pro Bowler.

Branden Albert on the other hand, hasn't even been on the field. He's been hurt almost all TC and still will take over at LT not because he has been there and played well and deserved to hold that spot, but instead he has it basically because if he didn't they would be stuck with McIntosh at LT. For those who forget, McIntosh was let go by the 1-15 Dolphins in favor of LJ freakin Shelton. KC has no choice but to play Albert there even if he sucks, Miami has the choice to move Long if he struggled because they have another good young option for LT in Vernon Carey.
Way to talk out your rear. Herb Taylor would be the left tackle if Albert struggled or was out, not McIntosh. Herm Edwards has said he will be ready to pull Albert if he is struggling too bad.

The Dolphins were not 1-15 when they let go of McIntosh, they were 1-15 after they let go of him. And the starter was Carey last time I checked, not LJ Shelton.

Carey could be a pro bowler at RT? WTF are you smoking.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Way to talk out your rear. Herb Taylor would be the left tackle if Albert struggled or was out, not McIntosh. Herm Edwards has said he will be ready to pull Albert if he is struggling too bad.

The Dolphins were not 1-15 when they let go of McIntosh, they were 1-15 after they let go of him. And the starter was Carey last time I checked, not LJ Shelton.

Carey could be a pro bowler at RT? WTF are you smoking.
Ok, sorry the Dolphins were 6-10, upgraded to LJ Shelton and still went 1-15. Can you imagine how bad McIntosh must have been to get let go by a team that wasn't even good enough to get 2 wins.

Dude, they let go of McIntosh because they signed LJ Shelton. Then they shifted Carey to LT and put Shelton at RT. If it were not for signing LJ Shelton, Miami would have resigned McIntosh to man RT. The Carey move was going to happen either way. Get your facts straight.

Go watch Carey play and listen to anaylsis on him before you make stupid comments about his potential.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
He's no Jahri Evans.
damn right, Zuttah is much better and sexier
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson is officially starting at the Z (flanker) WR on Sunday. :)
Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Dear Woodson. The Rams' defense doesn't have to worry about him running a slant then.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Dear Woodson. The Rams' defense doesn't have to worry about him running a slant then.
How's Tye Hill doing? He'd be matched up with D-Jax right?
Haven't heard Hill's name since it was announced in 06.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
How's Tye Hill doing? He'd be matched up with D-Jax right?
Haven't heard Hill's name since it was announced in 06.
I don't follow the Rams, Ask our resident Rams expert, yodachu.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say are there any Rams fans here
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Two TDs. I'm calling it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Two TDs. I'm calling it.
Damn. High hopes. I'll settle for one.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn. High hopes. I'll settle for one.
I really want DeSean to do well in the NFL. He was my favourite prospect in last years draft and I REALLY wanted him to be a Buccaneer. Instead I had to settle for Dexter Jackson. :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I really want DeSean to do well in the NFL. He was my favourite prospect in last years draft and I REALLY wanted him to be a Buccaneer. Instead I had to settle for Dexter Jackson. :(
Trust me Dexter Jackson can absolutely fly. I would know :(

I want Jackson to do well obviously. I hated him at the draft because I thought the Eagles were going to take him at 19. I'm cool with him in the second, though I really hope that extremely low ypc last year was simply an aberration.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trust me Dexter Jackson can absolutely fly. I would know :(

I want Jackson to do well obviously. I hated him at the draft because I thought the Eagles were going to take him at 19. I'm cool with him in the second, though I really hope that extremely low ypc last year was simply an aberration.
As much of a fan of Jackson's as I am I don't see that YPC going up very much from his last year @ Cal in his new role in the slot.

He's still under the radar though for OROY when he really shouldn't. I'm certain he's going to be given as much opportunity to succeed as any other rook and he will be counted on early into the season. His transition to this point has been relatively impressive for a first-year receiver and with all the injuries to the Eagles receiving core Donovan McNabb may just find himself a new favorite target. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Just hope Dexter Jackson's ST TD wasn't an aberration.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm trying to remember if David Carr started from day 1. I'm pretty sure Joey Harrington did.
Yep, both carr and joey were day one starters and colossal failures.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Darren McFadden is starting off as a backup? I thought he'd start for sure. Also, receivers/tight ends is pretty sad.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will have quite a bit of rookie contribution week 1...Felix Jones and Martellus Bennett will play quite a bit on offense and both are needed with the injuries to the WR's, I expect both to catch quite a few balls and Felix will make something special happen...Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick also look to be playing nearly the whole game, both will be in our Nickel and Dime formations and being without Newman these guys will get some quality snaps.

Should get a good chance to see how these guys look early on, but I like Bennett to be the X-factor and have the biggest impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you sure about Jones, LL?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...lix-jones.html
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Broncos are counting on 3 rookies to really make their offense explode.
I think Ryan Clady is going to be a beast of a LT. He will have some struggles this year, as most rookie tackles do, but in all will do very well this year.
Peyton Hillis looked amazing at FB in preseason, I think this kid will become a Pro Bowl FB in the future.
Eddie Royal looks like he could become a very solid #2 WR for the Broncos and be in the mold of Santana Moss and Steve Smith, small guys, but can make most catches. I hated the pick at the time, but this kid has shown a lot of promise and I'm excited to see how he performs.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Yea I read that, even if he doesn't know the full playbook yet I still think his impact is what will count...He's going to be back returning kicks, play a little slot, his versatility will help out quite a bit, and while he's not getting 20 carries I think with the few plays he runs he makes something happen, and he will be out there quite a bit I'm sure of it...They have been hiding Felix to an extent all pre-season, regardless of what they say about the playbook I think they are ready to unleash him this Sunday, and he will be needed from the slot quite a bit.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to do some very good things as a receiving option out of the backfield, I think, even if it doesn't happen Week One. I'd like to see Felix do some return work too, but maybe Adam Jones is the Jones who contributes there. If he's active that is, he's too rusty at corner at the moment.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea he is, sadly he might face Braylon quite a bit in passing situations and i know for a fact Cleveland will be picking on him just like the Chargers did...Adam Jones has been lobbying for KR duties along with PR, the team really likes Felix back there but due to his role in the offense didn't want to throw him back there...Can't wait to check out our new ST unit though, and if you catch the game watch out for Scandrick, this guy has been playing lights out all camp and he might play better then Jenkins this game.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Limas Sweed is the Steelers 5th WR. Thats what butterfingers does to you.