Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Differing Opinions

I make it a point to go to the different Bengals web forums as well as here and have been amazed at the difference of opinion by the Bengals fanbase in regards to many things concerning the Bengals. Examples....

Some people blame/hate Mike Brown and some people believe there is only so much he can do in a small market and defend him. (I HATE HIS A$$)

Some people blame/hate Marvin Lewis and think he's lost control, while others believe he's reasserting himself with some of the current moves. ( I still like Marvin)

Some think losing Willie was no big loss, some think it was the biggest mistake made by the team thus far. (I'll miss Willie)

Some think losing Rudi kills our running game, while some claim they NEVER liked him to start.
(I'll miss Rudi, but understand)

Bottomline is you can go on and on with so many issues this organization faces, but I can't really recall a time where the fanbase as a whole had such a diverse opinion to whatever the issue at hand is. I think it really leaves a huge uncertainty to what direction the Bengals are going in. With all the moves, how do you see the Bengals doing ?? They could do very well this year, but on the other hand, could be lucky to win 4 games. This is just an odd time to be a fan of this team.

I'm always hopeful that things will work out positively for the Bengals, but am not liking the feeling of chalking up the season knowing you are in the process of rebuilding.
Well, here's to hoping for the best !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this team and hold faith in them to be better but I cannot see that happening with a Brown owning us. He wants to be his dad and he will never be 1/10 of his father. He needs to cut the garbage and hire a true GM that isnt in his family.
Otherwise I agree with you.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals fans in general on other boards (ex. Bengals.com) seem to be very negative for the most part. One of the reasons I like being here is there is a decent mix but everyone on here seems to at least think the team can achieve big things. It's very hard not to be negative with this team as we have waited for so long for them to even become relevant in this league. This year is gonna determine a lot for our future IMO. If we can have a decent season and show improvement especially on the defensive side of the ball I will be content. I also think in the next few years we will be a team to reckon with if we continue to draft quality players/individuals.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I've been to a few Bengals boards but I never stick. It's always the one who screams the loudest that is the negative one. I'm optimistic but not overly, this team has its fair share of problems.

Mike Brown is without a doubt the biggest problem this team faces, the string of moves Saturday were motivated too strongly by money. Losing Deltha is fine, he wouldn't have brought much and is a bum. Rudi I can stand, given the health but I would've preferred to keep him. Willie should still be with the team, period. We need a GM in the worst way and Brown just needs to write the checks.

I think Marvin is adequate, a lot of his problems stem from decisions Brown has made. Given the conditions, I'm content with what Marvin has done. He was great early when Brown laid back but as soon as this team hit success Brown jumps back in and screws us all over. I think we could do better than Bratkowski, took too long to fire Bresh. I wish Hue Jackson would've been brought back in to be the OC.

If we win only 6 games, I won't be surprised. If we lose only 6 games, I won't be surprised.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree with what everyone is saying about Mike Brown. Financially, as we all know, he is a tight a**. He does things based on how much money it will bring him, not what is best for the team. Willie should definitely still be a Bengal. Yes, he is getting old and may be more prone to injury, but he brings a whole different perspective to the team. He has been here through the worst of times and the most recent decent time, and knows what it takes to motivate players. I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope Mike Brown somehow goes away soon and we get a new, non-Brown GM.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well dont get your hopes up his daughter is next in line...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-03-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well dont get your hopes up his daughter is next in line...
Jesus f*****g Christ. We're doomed.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Pretty much.
Once Paul left us, this franchise pretty much went up $h!t creek.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 09-03-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul has been rolling around in his grave ever since he's been gone. The Brown family cares as much about winning as I do about the band Disturbed. And let me tell you, I loathe Disturbed.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Paul has been rolling around in his grave ever since he's been gone. The Brown family cares as much about winning as I do about the band Disturbed. And let me tell you, I loathe Disturbed.
When Disturbed plays music, it's more like the sound of teeth gnashing and pigs being slaughtered and women screaming.. awful. And that's what it's to be like if we don't get rid of the Brown family soon. They are a plague upon us all.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of questions, I have 2:

1) Is our team building to our strengths? Lets face it, Palmer is like a god amongst children. He has Excellent arm strength, accuracy (including his deep ball) and fundamentals. But unfortunately since his leg injury he has lost a lot of his pocket mobility.

The injury occurred in 05' and he bounced back immediately in 06'. But then in 07' he started to struggle a little bit. The difference between 06' and 07' was that in 07' we had a non-existent running game and an injured O-line.

If we're going to win any type of a division title again, we need to stop the pass rush, and we need to have a running game for play-action and the likes.

If our team isn't going to keep guys like Willie Anderson and Rudi Johnson, who give us more of a shot to keep pressure off Palmer than if they weren't on the team - then the team isn't building around our strengths and giving us a fair shot at winning anything.

If Palmer is our greatest asset, how helpful can he be lying on his back getting trampled by defenses?

2) When are we going to get it together defensively? I realize we have had injuries / character problems to a lot of the guys that were suppose to lead this team on defense. But unfortunately we don't get a free pass to the play offs just because we had bad luck. When you get screwed with guys like Pollack / Thurman then you need to go out there and fix the problem, not sit around year after year waiting for an answer to come to you.

Why haven't we traded for a big name D player? why have we only really made 1 big name off-season acquisition to get someone in the front 7 (Odom) in the last couple of years?

Anyways, I hope we can overcome our struggles with good coaching and core players stepping up this year (I'm looking at you Palmer, Chad, T.J, Perry, Rivers, JJ, Leon and Geathers). I really don't want to be drafting in the top 10 again this year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Speaking of questions, I have 2:

1) Is our team building to our strengths? Lets face it, Palmer is like a god amongst children. He has Excellent arm strength, accuracy (including his deep ball) and fundamentals. But unfortunately since his leg injury he has lost a lot of his pocket mobility.

The injury occurred in 05' and he bounced back immediately in 06'. But then in 07' he started to struggle a little bit. The difference between 06' and 07' was that in 07' we had a non-existent running game and an injured O-line.

If we're going to win any type of a division title again, we need to stop the pass rush, and we need to have a running game for play-action and the likes.

If our team isn't going to keep guys like Willie Anderson and Rudi Johnson, who give us more of a shot to keep pressure off Palmer than if they weren't on the team - then the team isn't building around our strengths and giving us a fair shot at winning anything.

If Palmer is our greatest asset, how helpful can he be lying on his back getting trampled by defenses?

2) When are we going to get it together defensively? I realize we have had injuries / character problems to a lot of the guys that were suppose to lead this team on defense. But unfortunately we don't get a free pass to the play offs just because we had bad luck. When you get screwed with guys like Pollack / Thurman then you need to go out there and fix the problem, not sit around year after year waiting for an answer to come to you.

Why haven't we traded for a big name D player? why have we only really made 1 big name off-season acquisition to get someone in the front 7 (Odom) in the last couple of years?

Anyways, I hope we can overcome our struggles with good coaching and core players stepping up this year (I'm looking at you Palmer, Chad, T.J, Perry, Rivers, JJ, Leon and Geathers). I really don't want to be drafting in the top 10 again this year.
Lets keep in mind that this is no John Madden football. You cant just go out there and buy a guy for a fixed amount and he waltzes over and its all dandy and fine. Alot of things go into signing players. First and For most...Does the player want to play on your team? If he doesnt then throwing money at him wont get him on your team unless it is alot. There are millions of other questions and then there is money. Money doesnt grow on trees and you gotta work contracts....well other teams go after players too...in the case of Shaun Rogers...we got beat by the Browns. It happens.

So how can you find cheaper talent...and get good results... scouting.

Thats right the Bengals have a ****** scout team.

So that answers your question....and you basically already answered it too..

Imagine...if Thurman and Pollack were healthy...what we would be doing now.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Thurman and Pollack were still here we would have a lot less to worry about. Unfortunately that's not the case :(
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll throw this out there...

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind if Bratkowski was shown the door?

I REALLY wish they would've tried for Johnathan Vilma. I will give the FO credit for going after Rogers/Robertson. Vilma was a guy we could've really used.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Vilma would have been a godsend. Rogers/Roberston would have been good too, but agreed that Vilma would have filled a huge void.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

If we could have got Vilma we could use our first round on RB instead of MLB. (Moreno)
Bob B could skip town and i wont miss him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack