Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1: Baltimore

Flacco with the start, McGahee supposed to start as well but not 100%.

As far as I know, both offensive and defensive units are expected to start as listed on the depth chart. That is with Odom/CJ/TJ being up in the air but I've heard more optimistic news than pessimistic.

I'll admit, if we lose this game... Given our success against Baltimore over the last few years I will just about give up hope on the season. On paper, this is way in our favor.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Flacco with the start, McGahee supposed to start as well but not 100%.

As far as I know, both offensive and defensive units are expected to start as listed on the depth chart. That is with Odom/CJ/TJ being up in the air but I've heard more optimistic news than pessimistic.

I'll admit, if we lose this game... Given our success against Baltimore over the last few years I will just about give up hope on the season. On paper, this is way in our favor.

Just a few questions, sounded like Marvin wants to use Perry as a 3 down back, do you see that likely or will Watson get his fair share of touches? Also will losing O'neal and Brooks really hurt your defense as bad as it seems, or can those guys be easily replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry is best in there on 3rd down, he's GREAT as a pass catcher and can block. I'd rather have him out there on 3rd down than 1st. With that said, I see no reason not to put him out there all three. I'd say Perry gets 80% of the snaps.

O'neal lost the nickel spot to David Jones, he had a poor attitude and decent salary. I was perfectly fine with cutting away with him. Ahmad costs us talent but he wasn't the brightest guy and apparently the work ethic wasn't there. He couldn't even make plays against 3rd string offenses in the preseason.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Perry is going to get most of the snaps as he should. We need to see as much of him as possible this game and he needs to be utilized in different sets as well.

We better get the ball rolling quick in this one and put them away early. Looks like we'll have Chad, TJ, and Odom back.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We absolutely have to win this game. Agreed that if we don't, hope might go out the window. That being said, the only way I see us losing this game is if we can't, for some reason, get into some sort of offensive rhythm, via passing game. Not saying that's going to happen, but if something should go wrong with Chad/TJ, it might be a long game offensively.

Quote:
Perry is best in there on 3rd down, he's GREAT as a pass catcher and can block. I'd rather have him out there on 3rd down than 1st. With that said, I see no reason not to put him out there all three. I'd say Perry gets 80% of the snaps.

O'neal lost the nickel spot to David Jones, he had a poor attitude and decent salary. I was perfectly fine with cutting away with him. Ahmad costs us talent but he wasn't the brightest guy and apparently the work ethic wasn't there. He couldn't even make plays against 3rd string offenses in the preseason.
I feel fairly confident in Perry's ability to carry a bulk of the load. Watson will serve as a good alternative to Perry's style. If we use them correctly, it will beautiful and open up the passing game as well. 80% of the snaps sounds about right for what Perry should get, maybe a little less.

O'Neal always went for the pick and got burnt most of the time for doing so. Frankly, I'm happy he's gone. At the very least it gives our young CBs a chance to prove themselves even more and get that much more experience. Ahmad is a freak athlete, but also about as smart as rock. Yes, we lost immense talent in him, but if he doesn't know what to do with it it doesn't really matter. Though I do wish he could have got it together this preseason and stayed - he would have made our LB core terrifying.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, there are a few things going into this one...

The Ravens are starting a rookie QB, McGahee isn't 100%, Ed Reed is out, their starting CB (Washington) I believe is also out.

The Bengals need to bring a consistent blitz package to Flacco and PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE the youngster. I will be all sorts of holy pissed off if we sit back in some prevent sh*t defense and let Flacco be the second coming of Unitas !!! This is the perfect time for Zimmer to show just HOW aggressive this defense is going to be. Set the tone early and bring the f*cking heat !!!

For the Bengals, it will be nice to see some of the guys on the field in Odom, Chad, and TJ. Here's to hoping their particular injuries don't resurface. In regards to Perry, regardless of what anyones feelings on him are, he should see the majority of the carries through all downs 1-3. You can't let Rudi go, claiming Perry the starter and then give the bulk of the carries to Watson. For one, I'm not a fan of Watson and if that were to happen, I would call BS on the organizations call to reestablish the run this year.

Hopefully the defense will bring some intensity...

I don't know how much we would truly be able to gauge from playing the Ravens, as we should win this game, but I just want to see a consistent effort and people making solid plays.

If we lose this game, they should chalk it up...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
The Bengals need to bring a consistent blitz package to Flacco and PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE the youngster. I will be all sorts of holy pissed off if we sit back in some prevent sh*t defense and let Flacco be the second coming of Unitas !!! This is the perfect time for Zimmer to show just HOW aggressive this defense is going to be. Set the tone early and bring the f*cking heat !!!
I agree 100%. If we can't get in Flacco's face and fluster him, then we have no business being on the field. I'd like to see that intense pass rush we saw at the beginning of the preseason. Our front 7-8 need to be flying around and bringin the wood.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default JJ on IR

Bengals without Jeremi Johnson who has been placed on IR. It will be a tough day for Daniel Coats blocking Bart Scott. Hope he's up to the task.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been pretty impressed with Coats though I may be in the majority in that. Hard to replace a guy like Jeremi Johnson, even if he does have a problem putting down the baconators.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-03-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I have been pretty impressed with Coats though I may be in the majority in that. Hard to replace a guy like Jeremi Johnson, even if he does have a problem putting down the baconators.
I fully expect Coats to pick up where J. Johnson left off. He just lacks the experience at FB.

Mmmm baconators.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Yep, I think Coats is going to have his hands full, but what better way to judge how he's going to be at the position then to get a full dose of the Baltimore defense coming at you ?? This will be a big test for him. I saw we also picked up another FB the Dolphins cut. I don't know the guy, but it seems that if you can't make it on the Miami offense, there's something lacking...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Chinny and Sims are officially out. Caldwell barely practiced and Carson/Chad did full practice.

Odom isn't even listed on the injury report...

Quite the first test for Coats, nice that he got plenty of snaps in the preseason.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I remain confident going in against the Ravens. If Coats can hold up, which i fully expect him to, then there should be minimal problems, if any. I'm excited to see what Odom as a part of our D-Line. Chinny and Sims will be missed, but I still thing we win handily over Baltimore.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Keith Rivers will make Joe Flacco his *****. Wait, I forgot about Willis McGahee, Ray Rice, and Todd Heap as well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

They don't matter. Keith River FTW
Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I still think this game could go either way and should be close like they usually are with the Ravens, but we "should" win this game given the current situation in Baltimore. Just stating the obvious I suppose...
Old 09-05-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals 31 Ravens 6

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

really ERU you think its gonna be that bad?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-05-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
really ERU you think its gonna be that bad?
Trust me its gonna be that bad, our offense is gonna make the Redskins performance last night look like the greatest offensive performance in NFL history. Im talkin maybe 3 first downs prior to garbage time, possibly no trips over the 50. Our D will be worn out by the end of the first half, and this one will be over in the first quarter.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we confirmed who is playing the slot? I assume its Chatman, but I heard somewhere that Jerome has looked like he might get the nod eventually.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

As far as I know it's Chatman (ugh).

I actually somewhat agree with ERU, with us scoring less points. I'm thinking 24-9 or something of that sort. Granted, our offense could EASILY lay an egg. The big thing we've got going for us is how much I would hope Flacco struggles so the defense is going to get worn down. If we give up double digit points (excluding say a garbage time TD), our defense is still garbage.

I'm really interested in seeing what Perry does. This will be a good test.

EDIT: And how many times do the Bengals/Ravens have to have a horrible defense vs. horrible offense game? You'd think after all these years one of us could fix either side of the ball. I guess it's just meant to be.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 09-05-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got you guys. Willis will need some time to get ready, and Flacco will be nervous as poop and has not faced a starting defense in the NFL. He is in for a rude awakening. If McGahee looks good and we some how can set up the offense so Flacco only passes 8 times sunday and our defense can stop your O we have a shot.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Injury report...

Out
FB Jeremi Johnson (knee)
DT Pat Sims (toe)
S Chinedum Ndukwe (knee)

Doubtful
WR Antwan Caldwell (toe)

Probable
DE Jonathan Fanene (Illness)
WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh (hamstring)
LB Brandon Johnson (hamstring)
WR Chad Johnson (shoulder)
DE Antwan Odom (foot)
QB Carson Palmer (nose)
DT John Thornton (knee)
HB Kenny Watson (hamstring)

And at least Flacco gets someone easy to break in on... If we don't bring the heat every play I'm going to be VERY angry. Seriously, it's a freakin' rookie QB they better try to get in his face. If Breshnahan called this game they'd lay back. Granted he called a good game in the opener last year.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quick question, is there anyword if Johnson will have Ocho Cinco on his jersey?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

He's listed as Chad Ocho Cinco on the teams website... I'd have to think if the change was made on the team site there's a pretty decent chance his jersey gets changed.