Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 09-03-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Vikings, Week 1

Monday Night opener.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Vikings.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lambeau is gonna be a rockin'

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
**** the Vikings.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully another 34-0 beat down like last year at Lambeau. Aaron Rodgers 432 yards, 5 Tds book it :D haha ok I do have lots of confidence in him though and think that even as a rookie basically he will have a great season

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry boys its already over...Vikes 27-10...count it.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Sorry boys its already over...Vikes 27-10...count it.
Don't you still have that waterhead QB that likes to jump pass?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you still have that waterhead QB that likes to jump pass?
hey the jump pass is a very unique talent that is tough to teach

Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
hey the jump pass is a very unique talent that is tough to teach
How about the deer in the headlights look? Is that something Rodgers can learn, or must it be instinctive?

they get smoked.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
How about the deer in the headlights look? Is that something Rodgers can learn, or must it be instinctive?
It's innate; Jackson must've been raised deep in the backwoods of Southern Alabama and overtime that "skill" revealed itself

Old 09-04-2008, 04:06 AM    (permalink
SunDevil450

Well Vikings have certainly given us some bulletin board material especially from Allen. I believe he said something along the lines of putting his helmet to grants spine and getting the ball loose. Classy
Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We shut down Allen last year and we can shut him down again. I've got every faith in Rodgers to put in a decent performance. The only thing I'm worried about is our interior OL.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
We shut down Allen last year and we can shut him down again. I've got every faith in Rodgers to put in a decent performance. The only thing I'm worried about is our interior OL.
I think its a little different when the guys on the inside are Pat and Kevin Williams.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I think its a little different when the guys on the inside are Pat and Kevin Williams.
I was gonna say the same thing; other than Tamba Hali the Chiefs had very little else on the defensive line for opposing teams to worry about

Old 09-04-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was gonna say the same thing; other than Tamba Hali the Chiefs had very little else on the defensive line for opposing teams to worry about
Yeah, this Vikings defensive line is scaring the **** out of me when you consider how sketchy our interior line is right now. Could be a long first game back for Ryan Grant.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be a 14-10 or 17-13 type game. If we stuff the box against their run and make Jackson beat us, we will limit their offense tremendously. Buttttt the Williams boys and Jared Allen are going to be in Roger's face the entire night.

Go Pack!
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Yeah, this Vikings defensive line is scaring the **** out of me when you consider how sketchy our interior line is right now. Could be a long first game back for Ryan Grant.
Meh, I can see your reasoning here but i doubt MM is going to pound the rock inside all game long. He ran that inverted wishbone play last year and pitched outside as well. I'd expect to see some more of the same.

with that said, yeah I'm pretty worried about the guys inside as well.

they get smoked.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I have a strong belief that our running game will be non-existent and Rodgers will dictate whether or not the Packers will have any form of success in the game.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely excited for Monday night, but I would be a lot more comfortable if it weren't for the injuries.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
I have a strong belief that our running game will be non-existent and Rodgers will dictate whether or not the Packers will have any form of success in the game.
Agreed. Even if we weren't playing against the type of front 4 the Vikes have, Grant wouldn't carry the workload. He certainly won't be full speed come Monday night. I think we'll be seeing a lot of 3 and 4 receiver sets and I think the James Jones injury might be our biggest.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I cant wait to see Rodgers play. A lot of people don't believe he can lead this team to be a top team in the NFC but i think otherwise. He's smart, he's a fast learner and he proved to us in pre-season that he can rebound from a bad performance when he came back with a near perfect outing.

We questionned his durability, but he's standing strong after taking the most sacks in pre-season. He has a rocket arm, one quick release, he can fit any throw he wants anywhere on the field and he can make plays with his feet.

For those who say that Favre was the reason why this team made it to Conference finals, well they are in for a surprise. Nothing will change from last year, MM can still go empty and let Rodgers throw 40 times a game if the running game is dead like he did with Favre.

I dont know where this team will be after 16 games but hopfully we make it to the PO and then watch out. I think we have a pretty good QB in there for many years to come...
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:15 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Here is some food for thought. The vikings haven't scored a single point on offense while playing at lambeau since Tjack because the starter. Two full seasons.

they get smoked.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
Agreed. Even if we weren't playing against the type of front 4 the Vikes have, Grant wouldn't carry the workload. He certainly won't be full speed come Monday night. I think we'll be seeing a lot of 3 and 4 receiver sets and I think the James Jones injury might be our biggest.
James Jones has a torn PCL and is seeing Dr. McKenzie in Green Bay today

Old 09-07-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James Jones has a torn PCL and is seeing Dr. McKenzie in Green Bay today
That's hard news. Damn. Come on down Jordy Nelson!
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictions:

Aaron Rodgers - 21/34, 227 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Tarvaris Jackson - 14/25 134 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs

Adrian Peterson - 107 yards, 2 TDs, long of 21
Ryan Grant - 82 yards, 1 TD, long of 17
Chester Taylor - 42 yards
Brandon Jackson - 14 yards

Greg Jennings - 5 catches, 112 yards, 1 TD, long of 44
Donald Driver - 6 catches, 63 yards
Sydney Rice - 4 catches, 58 yards
Bernard Berrian - 3 catches, 39 yards, 1 TD, long of 21
Ruvell Martin - 2 catches, 18 yards, 1 TD
Aundre Allison - 1 catch, 17 yards
Donald Lee - 3 catches, 16 yards
Bobby Wade - 3 catches 12 yards
Visanthe Shiancoe - 2 catches, 9 yards
Jordy Nelson - 2 catches, 8 yards
Brandon Jackson - 2 catches, 6 yards
Ryan Grant - 1 catch, 4 yards
Adrian Peterson, 1 catch, -1 yards

Ray Edwards - 1 sack
Aaron Kampman - 1 sack
Kevin Williams - 1 sack
Brady Poppinga - 1 sack
Jared Allen - 0 sacks

Atari Bigby - 1 INT
Ben Leber - 1 INT
Nick Barnett - 1 INT

Mason Crosby - 2/3 FG, 3/3 XP
Ryan Longwell - 1/1 FG, 3/3 XP

Packers - 27
Vikings - 24
Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

27-24 will do me just fine.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote