Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
No link it was said on ESPN when he does his segment.

Come draft time, if you have Brown or another RB on your roster, would a 3rd do it?
Well obviously I am not part of the Bills organization, but I think we should demand a 2nd. Your 3rd is early, but I think McGahee should get better value than Wes Welker.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I agree McGahee is worth more than a 3rd. I just got caught up in what Clayton reported and was wondering how factual it might be.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
I agree McGahee is worth more than a 3rd. I just got caught up in what Clayton reported and was wondering how factual it might be.
Ya I was watching that too. And I was shocked. I thought for sure he is worth a 2nd mayyyyyybe even a late 1st round pick. I want him in GB though so a 3rd rounder sounds great.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had better move fast because most of the teams have filled their needs at RB leaving few bidders for McGahee's services which is bound to drop his value. I'd guess his value is dropping dailey as each team fills its RB hole.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittman isn't a second rounder. He could be had as late as round 4 although the scarceness of RB's in this draft might cause some team to draft him earlier. He cannot break a tackle and he cannot move a pile even though he did most of his running inside for Ohio St. He is very weak as a pass receiver, being used only on screens and dumpoffs for Ohio St. and even just doing that, he tends to catch everything with his body rather than his hands which simply doesn't work in the NFL.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I've been big on Antonio Pittman for some time now, he was flying under the radar way too much thanks to the talent around him at Ohio State. Him being excited about Buffalo and the Bills would make me additionally excited if they selected him in the Draft.

RB Kolby Smith from Louisville is another guy who draws my eye for the Buffalo Bills, as he's remarkably similar to the Indianapolis Colts' RB Joseph Addai. Even including, thanks to the depth of talent in the backfield at Louisville, him not getting a chance to shine until his senior year when the leading candidate was injured. Having an all-purpose back who can run tough like that is a great fit for the Bills imo.

Also, wondering if the Bills wait until next year to select their next runningback, Michael Hart from Michigan seems like surprisingly ideal candiate for the Buffalo Bills. With the number of juniors that could declare and Hart not likely setting the world on fire in terms of speed-based testing, he'd likely be a option for the Bills in the 2nd round if not a trade up from their 3rd round pick (depending on how the mighty Bills do next year). Anyone agree?

Edit: I'm ruling out Tony Hunt as he might not even reach the Bills' 2nd round pick.
Smith is the only real prospect worth pursuing, Pittman is way overrated as a propect and will likely be a 3rd or even more likely a 4th rounder. Hart is a classic great college RB who has no future as a pro. He's small and worse, he's slow. You can get away with both in college but not as a pro.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Anything less than an early 3rd would be dumb. If the Bills have to retain him they will for a year then just let him walk. Some one would pick him up, he'd play the whole season and the Bills would probably get a 3rd round compensation pick anyhow (maybe a 4th), it'd just take a year longer to get it.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do u guys wanna trade Willis?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
why do u guys wanna trade Willis?
Because he is vastly overrated, and he shoots his mouth off too much.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like ravens are the most likely destination as Jamal Lewis is probably going to dent the Raven "take it or leave it" offer. Ravens fans will hate him, for such a tough guy kind of team, Willis and his constant bouncing of runs to the outside will frustrate them for sure.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Corey Dillon Visiting on Thursday

Corey Dillon will be in for a visit on Thursday per Sirius Radio. He doesn't have many years left but if he were to sign for two years or so and either sign another back or Draft one to split carries with him we could still have a pretty dangerous backfield next year even without McGahee...One thing is for sure McGahee is out the door before the season starts and the Ravens looks to be the front runner for that. Your thoughts?
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
Corey Dillon will be in for a visit on Thursday per Sirius Radio. He doesn't have many years left but if he were to sign for two years or so and either sign another back or Draft one to split carries with him we could still have a pretty dangerous backfield next year even without McGahee...One thing is for sure McGahee is out the door before the season starts and the Ravens looks to be the front runner for that. Your thoughts?
Thats what it seems like and I'm pretty damn excited.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Pittman isn't a second rounder. He could be had as late as round 4 although the scarceness of RB's in this draft might cause some team to draft him earlier. He cannot break a tackle and he cannot move a pile even though he did most of his running inside for Ohio St. He is very weak as a pass receiver, being used only on screens and dumpoffs for Ohio St. and even just doing that, he tends to catch everything with his body rather than his hands which simply doesn't work in the NFL.
No. I guarentee you Pittman is a 2nd rounder.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

tough call here with Willis. Right now his market value is a 3rd round pick, the problem is that 1) the longer we wait and the closer we get to the draft that value will drop w/ teams moving on to the draft and filling their RB needs elswhere, 2) the longer we wait the more disgruntled he'll be, and 3) thats not alot of value for a young starting rb.

The teams I've heard are still interested are NYG (looking doubtful), Tenn (new suitor), and Baltimore, none of which have all that great of 3rd round picks. If they added a 4th or 5th rounder it might be a bit juicier but I'd still hesitate at taking it.

Personally, I'd like to see the Bills tell Willis to play his heart out and promise they won't tag him in the offseason. In the meantime, draft Michael Bush and (yes, AND) Lorenzo Booker. Willis will most likely have more value at the trade deadline, as its inevitable that starting RBs will be hurt by then. 6 weeks into the actual season would hopefully be plenty of time for Bush to get his leg completely healthy and we could most likely get that 2nd we're looking for or a young player.

I really wish we'd done the same thing w/ Nate at the deadline. While parity in the NFL is a good thing, it, and that ludicrously early trade deadline keeps teams most teams from being sellers. Ideally, Willis will be playing mad and for a new contract, hopefully blowing up (if he doesn't/holds out it'll seriously affect his offers next offseason) and will be attractive to a bunch of teams looking to make a run at the deadline (as Nate would've).

All this is assuming our best offer is a mid 3rd round pick and maybe a later pick. If we get offered a 2nd I'd take the deal now. That's how I'd deal w/ Wills.

The gamble of course is if Willis gets hurt or is too big of a distraction in the locker room, but if all we're being offerend is a mid-late 3rd round pick, i think its worth the gamble.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
calibill2
Rookie

Location: Santa Barbara, California---Transplanted from Buffalo, NY
calibill2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man i hope we trade him soon
calibill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills | Team working on sending McGahee to Baltimore
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:56:54 -0800

ESPNews reports the Baltimore Ravens are working with the Buffalo Bills on a trade to acquire Bills RB Willis McGahee.

Ravens | Team working on trade for McGahee
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:53:33 -0800

ESPNews reports the Baltimore Ravens are working with the Buffalo Bills on a trade to acquire Bills RB Willis McGahee.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.
Default Meat and Potatoes

Meat and Potatoes

By: Randy Green

3/6/07

My high school coach always called our offensive line the “meat and potatoes”. He claimed he named us that because he couldn’t live without meat and potatoes just like our offense wouldn’t be able to survive if we didn’t do our job. Personally, I think he was just saying that all five of us ate too much. I recalled this memory when I saw what the Bills had done in free agency so far. Marv Levy went shopping early in free agency and the only thing he wanted was meat and potatoes. Levy pulled an old recipe for a dish he was used to in the early 90’s when Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas were able to put up Hall of Fame numbers because of a very good offensive line. For over a decade now the Bills have continually missed in the draft and in free agency on the opportunity to add talent to the O-Line at their own peril. I am not sure if the players Levy brought in can mirror the production of the brilliant combination of Wolford, Davis, Hull, Richter, and Ballard but one thing is for sure, Marv Levy’s main mission this off-season is to make another great recipe with meat and potatoes.

The porterhouse steak if you will of the new recipe is Derrick Dockery formerly of the Washington Redskins. The Bills signed Dockery, a former third round pick from Texas, to a monster 7 years and 49million dollar contract including 18.5 guaranteed. Dockery is the classic mauler type at left guard where he has not missed a start since his rookie year for the Redskins. Dockery at 6’6” and 345 pounds is a massive man with good mobility. Although a big man from the University of Texas concept has me a little nervous (Mike Williams), there is no doubt that the combination of Dockery and left tackle Jason Peters will provide J. P. Losman with a reliable blindside not to mention provide a good jolt to the running game.

The NY strip steak of this recipe (sorry, steak and football go hand in hand) is Langston Walker. Walker is a former second round pick of the Raiders from Cal. Walker will come in and immediately upgrade the right tackle position. Terrance Pennington was not horrific in his rookie season but the Bills constantly had to slide protection to his side to help which made their protection schemes far too predictable. Walker is another monster at 6’8” and 345 and can maul in the running game because of his size and has a pretty good initial set as a pass protector. Walker signed for 5 years and 25 million. Between Walker and Dockery, it’s safe to assume the Bills will be better up front in ‘07.

The potatoes of Levy’s new recipe is Jason Whittle. Whittle will likely compete with Duke Preston for the right guard position after signing a one year deal for around 800,000 dollars. Even if Whittle doesn’t secure a starting position, he provides valuable depth and versatility given is ten years experience and the multiple amount of positions he’s played. The Bills will be his fourth team with the others being the Vikings, Bucs and two stops with the Giants where he played under Jim McNally, Buffalo’s offensive line coach.

So far I would have to say I like what Marv Levy is cooking up. He thus far has shown great focus on the meat and potatoes of the team, the offensive line. There is still a lot of work to do. The Bills have lost Nate Clements to the 49ers to a ludicrous contract (8 years 80million) and also have lost London Fletcher-Baker to the Redskins meaning they’ve lost a lot of talent and leadership. I look for the Bills to sign one or two more modest free agents and draft defensively again like they did last year. There is also the possibility that the Bills could trade Willis Mcgahee and Takeo Spikes which would create two more holes. In the end though, I like that Marv Levy has decided that it is time to move the football consistently and the only way to do that is to give J. P. Losman a healthy helping of meat and potatoes

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/meatandpotatoes.htm
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we pursue Dillon and not sign Chris "Yes I'm injured again, what are you suprised, I'm made of glass" Brown.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

Willis and a third for baltimore's 1st. That is my hope
Old 03-07-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
Willis and a third for baltimore's 1st. That is my hope
You may hope cuse that's not gonna happen.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Mock
Trade Mcgahee for a 2nd Rounder

1st (trade down and aquire another 2nd rounder, go down to about the 20's)
-- Lawrence Timmons or Jon Beason
2a. McCauley
2b. Antonio Pittman
2c. Robert Meachman
3rd. Kareem Brown
4th- o-line
5th- traded
6th- Matt trannon
7th- Micheal Allen Div III
Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brandon Meriwether/ Kenny Phillips

me being a huge Canes fan i obviously love both Brandon Meriweather and Kenny Phillips (i would even say Meriweather is my favorite player in this years draft) but i am having a hard time finding any game film on either of them. I was just wondering if anybody knew where i could find some tape on either of these players?

* sorry i thought i was on the other board hahaha i will repost it there.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Chris Brown, BuffaloBills.com Lead Journalist is hinting at a possible bidding war:

Quote:
LEWIS SIGNS W/BROWNS: With Jamal Lewis signing what is reportedly a one-year deal with Cleveland the Ravens have the door wide open for another back. Hopefully this compels Baltimore to give up what's being requested for a certain back's services before they miss out.
Interesting...
Old 03-08-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills_red View Post
You may hope cuse that's not gonna happen.
Did anyone ever think Peerless woudl be back how about Whitner and McCargo in hte first round let alone Marv Levy coming back? We have what looks like a Oline and other than Shaud Williams resigning, everything else will go my way.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Exactly. And that would be a pretty good situation right there.
It's not that i think he is not a good back he is just not a feature back and he will not be a cheap FA, which leaves you drafting a RB earlier than what felt was needed. The other thing is I like McGahee as a running back but he sucks as a person. He has never been happy, and there have always been grumbling, but he puts up good numbers. So what makes this year different. He is like Manny Ramirez, hates playng in Boston, every year he wants to be traded but is always back and plays well. Losing McGahee may be the a great thing to do, but I will not agree with it, and I never understood why he was drafted in the first place.