Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Congrats big time on your signings. i hope after some of our arguements you dont think i hate the Bills. nice job guys. Good luck with Whitner also hes one of my favorite Buckeyes.

Nicely done on the Steinbach signing, yourself.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh i see no love for poor Cortez Hankton signing with the Bills
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills signed a right tackle? Where are all of those fans who killed me for saying that was a need? I thought they loved Terrence Metcalf and that he was the next coming... :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Bills signed a right tackle? Where are all of those fans who killed me for saying that was a need? I thought they loved Terrence Metcalf and that he was the next coming... :)
Langston Walker is not the same as a first round pick. And my main thing is that Marv directly said that the OL would be addressed in free agency, not the draft.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well I expect Whittle to push Fowler for the starting C spot. Not saying he's going to get it but it is a possibility. I think Merz is the odd man out and will be placed on the PS.

At RG, there's Preston, Walker and Whittle again. Tutan Reyes could be thrown in there, but I say that he will be cut. I look for Walker/Whittle to start on opening day.

At RT, we have Pennington, Butler and Walker. I think Pennington will hold off Butler to remain the starter, though.

My projected opening day starting lineup:

Jason Peters - Derrick Dockery - Melvin Folwer - Langston Walker - Terrance Pennington

Whittle, Butler and Preston as backups. Reyes is cut and Merz is put on the PS. Mike Gandy is not re-signed.

The great thing about our O-lineman signings is that we fortified the LG for the next 7 years, we added high-character veteran depth with playoff experience who can play C/RG/RT in Whittle and Walker who is huge and young and can play RG/RT.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Actually Walker could start at RG. And the player we like, and the coaching staff is high on, is Terrance Pennington, not Metcalf. I still think that Brad Butler or Terrance Pennington will start at RT.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow! Nice job Buffalo. I guess your really investing in that line!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo1105 View Post
Oh i see no love for poor Cortez Hankton signing with the Bills
We signed Cortez Hankton?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walker COULD play guard, but the word out of Buffalo is that they signed him to play right tackle.

I'm not sure what the contract numbers are there but I am sure it is relatively significant to get him to sign on the first day of free agency. Needless to say I doubt they give good money to a guy and then start a 7th round draft pick.

We shall see I guess but as I said the word is it's right tackle.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Walker COULD play guard, but the word out of Buffalo is that they signed him to play right tackle.

I'm not sure what the contract numbers are there but I am sure it is relatively significant to get him to sign on the first day of free agency. Needless to say I doubt they give good money to a guy and then start a 7th round draft pick.

We shall see I guess but as I said the word is it's right tackle.
Well considering that Butler and Pennington haven't played guard, I don't see them converting. We aren't going to start Duke Preston IMO because he is the least talented of the bunch. Tutan Reyes is a possibility although he got benched last year and might be cut. We obviously won't re-sign Mike Gandy now. Jason Whittle is a possibility at RG. Whittle and Walker are versatile so I could see Whittle starting at C or RG. Walker could start at RG or RT. Pennington played LT in college and Butler played RT, so it should be interesting to see who will start on the right side of the line on opening day.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
We signed Cortez Hankton?

Yes we did to a Multi year deal
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselfs and over-valuing some of the that offensive line talent. Pennington, Butler and Whittle will all more than likely be backups.

Oh, and just a comment. $49 million for Derrick Dockery? Good player and I liked him coming out but to give him Hutchinson/Steinbach/Dielman money is crazy.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes we did to a Multi year deal
My god we have so many WR's...where he is going to play? DB?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Bills sign WR Cortez Hankton (Jaguars) to multi-year deal

Link to come. Discuss.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Just a pawn in the path of Chris Denney
Old 03-02-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys are getting way ahead of yourselfs and over-valuing some of the that offensive line talent. Pennington, Butler and Whittle will all more than likely be backups.

Oh, and just a comment. $49 million for Derrick Dockery? Good player and I liked him coming out but to give him Hutchinson/Steinbach/Dielman money is crazy.
Alright, whatever Scott, you are entitled to your opinion. Sometimes it seems like you just like to rip on us.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

I honestly dont see the point of it myself....I thought Marv was gonna take a nap after Dockery and Walker but i guess not lol
Old 03-02-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well considering that Butler and Pennington haven't played guard, I don't see them converting. We aren't going to start Duke Preston IMO because he is the least talented of the bunch. Tutan Reyes is a possibility although he got benched last year and might be cut. We obviously won't re-sign Mike Gandy now. Jason Whittle is a possibility at RG. Whittle and Walker are versatile so I could see Whittle starting at C or RG. Walker could start at RG or RT. Pennington played LT in college and Butler played RT, so it should be interesting to see who will start on the right side of the line on opening day.
McNally talked about Butler being in the mix at guard
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Alright, whatever Scott, you are entitled to your opinion. Sometimes it seems like you just like to rip on us.
It's not that I like to rip on you Bill fans but you do make it pretty easy. :)

In all seriousness all fans overrated their teams talent but you guys have taken it to another level lately with Losman, Pennington, etc.

Only time will tell how it all shakes out but I just had to point out that I was "Wright" about Pennington.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steinbach is the only free agent who should command Hutchinson money, but if Dielman will then so will Dockery.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

In all seriousness all fans overrated their teams talent but you guys have taken it to another level lately with Losman, Pennington, etc.

Only time will tell how it all shakes out but I just had to point out that I was "Wright" about Pennington.
You can't say that you were "Wright" yet, we don't know who's playing where right now. There are so many different possibilites.

We get it, you don't like Losman. I honestly don't see what is so terribly wrong with him besides a few boneheaded throws last year. What don't you like about him?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Walker sucks but he has some talent and maybe a change of scenery will help him. and you have to feel like they overpaid for Dockery. It says this contract is the same size as the one Hutch got.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I honestly dont see the point of it myself....I thought Marv was gonna take a nap after Dockery and Walker but i guess not lol
Do you have a link?
Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Most people here give Losman a fair evaluation. That's one point where I honestly see you as being in a negative minority. Pennington has been talked up a lot for a guy who got a lot of help and didn't look much better than average. The coaches were big on him and his size, and we did what I expected we would - brought in veteran competition. I wouldn't mind at all for Pennington to continue to get his shot, and I'm not discounting anyone from the job right now. I just think your original "diagnosis" of giving us a first round tackle was over the top and that is not the equivalent of a Langston Walker signing.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry Big Nate a 49er

8 years 80 million.

I need a new jersey.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote